It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortions - Why so bad?

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2022 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I have two, the second one the mother and I shared custody.

I'd have many more should i meet the right woman.

I worked hard since i left school, i studied in my spare time.

During my twenties i would work from 6am till 6pm, pickup kid from childcare, cook, clean, bedtime story, study 2 hours then train for 2 hours before bed at midnight. Rinse and repeat for a decade.

I don't depend on anyone, my kids depend on me and i'll do anything for them. You're lucky you got to stay at home and look after them, this was never an option for me.

posted on Oct, 27 2022 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Misandry personified.

Always the fallback.

posted on Oct, 27 2022 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Endanger my kids and see if i let that happen. You or anyone else on the planet.

Even in the womb, i dare you to try.
edit on 27/10/22 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2022 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Pot, meet the kettle.

At this point the thread has degenerated into tit for tat personal insults and offers no value to the forum.

I really am out. Enjoy.

I won't even be reading you or the other odious old hags posts anymore so it's pointless replying.

edit on 27/10/22 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2022 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I have two, the second one the mother and I shared custody.

I'd have many more should i meet the right woman.

I worked hard since i left school, i studied in my spare time.

During my twenties i would work from 6am till 6pm, pickup kid from childcare, cook, clean, bedtime story, study 2 hours then train for 2 hours before bed at midnight. Rinse and repeat for a decade.

I don't depend on anyone, my kids depend on me and i'll do anything for them. You're lucky you got to stay at home and look after them, this was never an option for me.

Do you think I missed when you said it was your first child?

Oh Yay! Hooray -- you did what millions of single moms do all the time -- without the self-righteous attitude.

So, you completely ignore that I was pregnant with a 3rd while this was going on.

edit on 27-10-2022 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2022 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

Endanger my kids and see if i let that happen.

Dude. You just "dared" me to endanger your kids. always the pugilist, eh? Picking a fight isn't risking your life to save another's. It's putting lives at risk.

edit on 27-10-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2022 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I’d be surprised if you even have kids. Most men would run a mile the minute you opened your gob.

“If” you endanger my kids. I’ll defend and protect them with my life, you can be assured of that.

Reading comprehension.

Bye, bye.

posted on Oct, 27 2022 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Most men would run a mile the minute you opened your gob.

Again - the usual fallback.

posted on Oct, 27 2022 @ 09:45 PM
link   

True tho isn’t it. Hence your husband ran a mile and nobody took his place.

Your pal probably never even had any kids, well any that she didn’t flush down the toilet.

posted on Oct, 27 2022 @ 09:47 PM
link   

True tho isn’t it. Hence your husband ran a mile and nobody took his place.

Your pal probably never even had any kids, well any that she didn’t flush down the toilet.

You on your phone again -- or can you see my avatar?

Yeah, that is me in my avatar when I was in my 20s. You honestly think I had issues with men?

Problem with ex-hubby -- he didn't want to share me with the kids. He was jealous of his own kids. He had to go.

posted on Oct, 27 2022 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Unlike most men I’m attracted to a woman’s character rather than their looks.

Fair enough, as I said everyone has their reasoning. I’m tired of arguing now. I’m under no illusions that men are blameless. My mother is an angel and my father was a devil, I owe everything to my mother and out-with my children she’s the most important person in my life.

I’m sure like everyone else you have good and bad points, as I said earlier I just find this subject reprehensible and can’t fathom how anyone could kill a little defenceless baby. If you can’t deal with that opinion then don’t reply.

Nothing will convince me otherwise. As I’ve said many times abortion is the choice you must make and then reconcile mentally, I simply don’t agree it’s morally correct and can’t advocate for it. Hence my position is pro-life and if given the choice through vote I’ll choose candidates who align with that opinion.

posted on Oct, 27 2022 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Unlike most men I’m attracted to a woman’s character rather than their looks.

Fair enough, as I said everyone has their reasoning. I’m tired of arguing now. I’m under no illusions that men are blameless. My mother is an angel and my father was a devil, I owe everything to my mother and out-with my children she’s the most important person in my life.

I’m sure like everyone else you have good and bad points, as I said earlier I just find this subject reprehensible and can’t fathom how anyone could kill a little defenceless baby. If you can’t deal with that opinion then don’t reply.

Nothing will convince me otherwise. As I’ve said many times abortion is the choice you must make and then reconcile mentally, I simply don’t agree it’s morally correct and can’t advocate for it. Hence my position is pro-life and if given the choice through vote I’ll choose candidates who align with that opinion.

Fair enough -- I will be voting against you.

Women's rights in reproduction are no one else's business

posted on Oct, 27 2022 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Then I’m glad we can finally agree to disagree.

I apologise for the attitude and immature trolling, it’s a charged subject and as my name suggests when my fuse is pulled I tend to explode. It’s a Glaswegian thing.

Pin has been put back in.

I’m leaving the thread now, I can’t maintain composure when I feel so strongly about the issue. I know I keep saying that but I really am gone now.

All the best and god bless you and your children.

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
a reply to: Quadrivium

I do not have my fingers in my ears. You can spew whatever fits your fancy.

I flat out DO NOT CARE.

I support women's autonomy over a Zygote.

Is that clear enough for you?

You can move on now. I have nothing else to add.

Hence, you are no better than slavers, who thought a group of humans were property or Nazis, who thought a group of human beings were "less than" human.
How can you not see the similarities?
You refuse to accept the FACT they are human beings.
And You refuse to listen to any proof of that FACT aka "Lalalalaaa, I'm not listening, lalalallalaaaaLA".

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Back to calmness.

I commented much earlier on in this discussion, and have kept an eye on the polarisation of much of the commentary, which is sad, but expected.

Would it be helpful to say that abortion is bad? Very few women would say it was good.

That said, in most sensible countries it is recognised that abortion is necessary, for whatever reason. Consequently, laws allow abortions to take if the mother deems it necessary, but within a legal framework. The legal framework prevents abortions taking place when the fetus is adjudged to be "viable", i.e. after a set time limit. Abortion is a complex subject, and the legal framework is informed by ethical and medical considerations.

The ethical question whether a fetus is "human" is covered in legal and medical frameworks too. In English law, a fetus has no legal rights. A fetus only gains rights when it is born - as a baby, as it's disconnected from its mother. When I said "no legal rights" I was of course fibbing, but it is an area of legal process or precedent that requires context. In English law, a fetus is considered to be part of the mother, but unique and separate at the same time. Context matters.

Should add that the reason why a fetus is not a legal entity per se, is because giving the fetus rights would undermine the legal status of the mother. For example, who would win if continuing a pregnancy would kill the mother, because people would argue the fetus has equal or higher rights!

So, there you go. Cold and hard legal and ethical issues to consider.

Where is religion in all of this? Well, apart from Iran and the Vatican and a number of other countries, law is above religion. In complex societies, ethics transcend religious dogma.

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium

originally posted by: Annee
a reply to: Quadrivium

I do not have my fingers in my ears. You can spew whatever fits your fancy.

I flat out DO NOT CARE.

I support women's autonomy over a Zygote.

Is that clear enough for you?

You can move on now. I have nothing else to add.

Hence, you are no better than slavers, who thought a group of humans were property or Nazis, who thought a group of human beings were "less than" human.
How can you not see the similarities?
You refuse to accept the FACT they are human beings.
And You refuse to listen to any proof of that FACT aka "Lalalalaaa, I'm not listening, lalalallalaaaaLA".

Find a new argument.

You sound ridiculous comparing Nazis to abortion.

Choice in reproduction is about personal autonomy.

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Would it be helpful to say that abortion is bad? Very few women would say it was good.

It's about personal autonomy in reproduction rights.

Humans have the technology to make reproduction a choice.

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 09:26 AM
link   

We have the technology to level cities as well, doesn't make it right.

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 09:27 AM
link   

We have the technology to level cities as well, doesn't make it right.

Are you sole owner of a city?

posted on Oct, 28 2022 @ 09:31 AM
link   

What does that have to do with ethics.

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join