It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does America NEED Migrants

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
Aren't all Americans descended from migrants?
What's your point, though? At some point, can't we start saying no to more so that we don't wind up every square foot of land? All we are doing is delaying the day when we all have to start controlling our numbers, and moving closer to famine because there will be less excess room and farmland.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Solvedit
No, America does not need more migrants, but they quickly start making someone a pile of money.

My union would fasttrac a migrant wanting to work, into membership before an entitled Psych major with his hat on backwards.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Solvedit

What's your point, though? At some point, can't we start saying no to more so that we don't wind up every square foot of land? All we are doing is delaying the day when we all have to start controlling our numbers, and moving closer to famine because there will be less excess room and farmland.

You are SO right, in NJ we have built on every single INCH of land left, at least in our area -
The traffic is bumper to bumper all the time, never saw this in my life, they can't possibly squeeze any more people in here, yet they keep shipping them up here........

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 09:40 PM
link   

isn't everyone descended from migrants?

if we didn't have illegals, who is gonna get shot in the bogaydus.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The problem isn't migrants on it's own, it's how they are coming in invited illegally by Obama/Biden and allowed to bypass all the laws and the legal processes.

Twice a week in every state there are thousands of new citizens being sworn in as brand new citizens, and they are from every corner of the globe.

They paid all the fees and went through the legal process including background checks.

I know because I sponsored my wife of 15 plus years to go through that process.

What the current lawless administration is doing is making a mockery of all of that and it's a big insult to every new citizen sworn in weekly as a new US citizen.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 10:07 PM
link   
All the migrants I've met were here on a Working Pass.

They would work the fields and farms for the season and take their earnings back home for the winter to provide for their families and communities.

They did not establish permanent residences or claim asssitance programs.

The majority of legal immigrants in my current area are working in processing plants doing the jobs that the locals don't feel they're paid enough to do. They're polite, hardworking, respetful, industrious and have strong family values, live frugally and honestly and are assets to the community and surrounding areas.

The ones who open resturants and food stands also make the best damn authentic Mexican Food you've ever had.

Every place has a different Family Tradition so the food is always unique.

Insert random video for personal reasons and a bit of sanity break from better days and simpler times.

edit on 9/20/22 by GENERAL EYES because: spelling corrections because practice makes perfect

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Agreed.

Too many of the children, and that's what they are, graduating from our institutes of "higher" learning are little more oversized children who think they know more than they really do.

Of course, that can be said about their professors, too. One of the reasons I quit college was because I'd been out in the real world--I know how it works, and professors are trying to tell me that what I've seen, heard, and experienced--both the good and the bad--are not really the state of affairs...

Someday, I may go back and finish it--I'm only a year or so away from both my degrees. But I doubt it.

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: olaru12

Someday, I may go back and finish it--I'm only a year or so away from both my degrees. But I doubt it.

I went to work when I almost had my Phd, dissertation and everything. I also thought about going back but decided to buy my Phd online in theology for $75. Dr. Olaru12 if you please...

I only went to Univ. for the parties and received a great education in spite of myself. It's my contacts/friends I made at Univ. that is allowing me to live the dream, today.
edit on 21-9-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

There is a huge difference between LEGAL and ILLEGAL immigration.

Illegals start their lives by breaking U.S. laws, and they have to keep breaking U.S. laws.

What's more, we know a lot of criminals, and people who work for the Mexican and Latin American drug cartels get their criminals into the U.S. through illegal immigration.

Every week I keep seeing at least one or several Americans and legal residents who get murdered by illegal immigrants.

One of the latest murders was an illegal who beheaded a young woman and this sort of barbarism we keep seeing in towns and cities close to the border.

What's more, because of the open border and ILLEGAL immigration we know that many ILLEGALS get murdered, women and children get raped, and or get left behind to die by coyotes.

The number of murders of illegals by the human traffickers that the corrupt and criminal Biden administration has made stronger and richer just keeps increasing and it keeps getting worse.

LEGAL Americans who live close to the border take pictures after pictures of the murders and abandoned ILLEGALS that coyotes leave behind to die.

Law enforcement agencies have been stating that they cannot control the amount of crime, drugs and human trafficking because of puppet Biden and corrupt democrat leaders.

How many ILLEGALS are working for the human traffickers, the drug cartels, the Latin gangs, etc?

Judge Lets Illegal Immigrant Out Of Jail, He Beheads Woman In Daylight

Illegal Immigrant BEHEADS 13-Year-Old Special Needs Girl, Murders Grandmother, Officials Say

Report: Suspect in beheading murder confirmed to be an illegal immigrant, media outlets not mentioning it

Illegal Alien Out of Jail on Bail Accused of Beheading Man, Playing ‘Soccer with His Head’

And then there are other crimes committed by many illegals such as hit and runs.

Illegal immigrant arrested in connection to hit-and-run that killed Colorado sheriff’s deputy

GRAPHIC: Illegal Migrant Trying To Run Away From Agents Get Hit And Killed By Car

Meanwhile, corrupt democrat leaders keep protecting the most hardcore criminals who are ILLEGALS in their "sanctuary cities" at the cost and suffering of LEGAL U.S. residents, American citizens, and even other illegals as well.

I could keep on going posting crime after crime committed by ILLEGALS. When is it enough?

The criminal Biden administration and corrupt democrat leaders are allowing CRIME to rule in the U.S. Not just by illegals but also by BLM, Antifa, and other far leftists who are far more violent than anything Trump supporters did on January 6th 2020.

When is this criminal administration going to be accountable for all the crimes they have committed? For allowing crime to rule, for leaving behind over 14,000 LEGAL U.S. residents, U.S. citizens, and families of our soldiers trapped in Afghanistan, etc?

The criminal and illegitimate Biden administration and DEMOCRAT leaders not only left our LEGAL people trapped in Afghanistan but they BLOCKED attempts to rescue our LEGAL people meanwhile the same corrupt and criminal administration and corrupt democrats allow all illegals in which is letting in a lot of hardcore criminals, drugs, human trafficking at levels not seen in decades.

So when is enough enough?

edit on 22-9-2022 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

And our parked vehicle was destroyed by an illegal -
So I know all about how the system 'works'.
Politicians will do NOTHING to illegals, I went to Senators, Congressmen, Mayors, police, no one would do anything for us.
I didn't write to the pres, because I would get nowhere with that either.
We were stuck with the repair bill, end of story.
When this happens to all of you guys, don't expect any help because you are an American Citizen.

edit on 22-9-2022 by RonnieJersey because: mistake

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 12:56 PM
link   
“My relationship to power and authority is that I’m all for it. People need somebody to watch over them. Ninety-five percent of the people in the world need to be told what to do and how to behave.”
— Arnold Schwarzenegger

We typically assume that the approximate 95% of betas, constituting a Mudsill Class, is entitled to equal living standards.

So, the provident farmsteads and mansions, built to last hundreds of years, were subdivided and became Orange County.

There were cages in Caruthers.

In greater San Diego, the big house is in the antebellum, Georgian style or outwardly resembles the notorious, Spanish Missions. Some are surrounded by guard towers and tall walls with razorwire.

Whether economic migrants and other yes men are useful or a drain depends upon which living standards you are subsidizing for them, or to what degree they are subjected to manorialism.
edit on 22-9-2022 by MisterBeef because: typo

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 02:41 PM
link   
SPAM removed
edit on 9.22.2022 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 02:41 PM
link   
SPAM removed
edit on 9.22.2022 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 02:43 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

(post by daveinats removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Why don't we break ships with hand held welding torches on the beach in the USA like they do in some countries?

If we keep letting too many migrants in, someone will find a way to employ them. The company owner might even make money off it.

If there are enough workers clamoring for jobs, they will start taking lower and lower work.

The opposite is true as well. They say migrants are taking jobs Americans won't do, but if the migrants weren't here, what would the less desired jobs have to do if they wanted to be able to continue to provide services? Raise wages, that's what. It would be a way of "taxing the well off" in a way, only their bottom line would get better rather than worse because society wouldn't have to bear the costs of too many workers for the jobs.

It's because companies don't bear the entire cost.

There should be a law that companies who employ undocumenteds or even legal immigrants, should have to pay the extra costs of their being here.

Wealthier people and insured workers are charged more for many things like hospital care in order to cover the uninsured. Or the Federal government subsidizes their Obamacare. Property taxes cover emergency services but there will be more usage and less revenue from newer communities of migrants. Their food and schooling may be partially covered by local, state, or federal taxes.

People say immigration is growing the economy. But if the companies aren't bearing the full cost and just passing it on, it reduces everybody else's real wages.

Hypothetically, if you doubled the number of workers and wages fell to 51% of their former level, that would be a growing economy especially because they'd have to spend more and save less, but your bottom line would go down.

Look at the economic advantages of South and Central America. What could be wrong down there making them less developed? Can it be Too Many Workers for the Jobs, Too Many Voters for the Tax Revenue?

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 09:06 AM
link   
yes, because population growth is near 0%, without immigration our population will start shrinking very soon. the baby boomers broke something and it lead to a steady decline in population growth, making us dependent on immigration to keep growing and keep our economy stable.

America shouldn't have the attitude of a developed nation like it does just because we have lots of money, we are still a developing nation in many areas and need population growth to reach developed status eventually.

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 09:46 AM
link   
LOL - you are all ignoring the fact that the rest of the world does not want these millions of illegals either.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join