It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does America NEED Migrants

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

18 year old High School students who want to be hired as managers, etc...

Not the way it works, or shouldn't anyway.

When I worked in the commercial fishing industry--on the boats, and on the docks--you started at the very bottom. So I did. Kept my mouth shut, worked my ass off, and gradually moved up the ladder. When I left I was just about to the level of being moved to corporate level--again, at the very bottom.

As it should be. Learn all the nuances, then manage. Not the other way around.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 04:20 PM
link   
So if you were told to go back to your own country as some folks like to try and say where would you be heading off to?

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Go back far enough, and the answer is yes.

Every single one of us.

My own family, the European branch, began arriving around the time the Massachusetts Bay Colony was founded. Other ancestors were peering out at the strange looking canoe, most of my ancestors were here by the end of the 18th century

The family relocated to the Ohio River Valley during what are called the French and Indian Wars. The farmstead in western Indiana is still in the family, though much smaller than it originally was. I've never visited, but fully intend to now that I live much closer to it.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Many do learn it.

Many don't. I've helped Filipinos learn English, too. Hispanics. Africans. Europeans.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Migrants are needed but not to fill jobs.... they are sought because they will insure the demand for US$...

continued supply lines of products, growing birthrates, sales/income tax/estates....'keeping the economic engine running

inflation is thus disbursed & instead we have 're-sets'

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I'd have a bunch to choose from

As I have a smattering of Native American blood in me (blackfoot), I could stay here.

As I have, let's see, German, French, Welsh, Italian, Russian, English, Irish, and Norwegian ancestory. Probably more that I'm not aware of.

I truly am a child of the "melting pot".
edit on 9/19/2022 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: JAGStorm

you should probably ask the right question here. Does America need 2.2 million illegal migrants each year?

BEST COMMENT!!!
And the crime that comes with them!!

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

Migrants are needed but not to fill jobs.... they are sought because they will insure the demand for US$...

continued supply lines of products, growing birthrates, sales/income tax/estates....'keeping the economic engine running

inflation is thus disbursed & instead we have 're-sets'

They are also necessary Votes!!

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

So if you were told to go back to your own country as some folks like to try and say where would you be heading off to?

a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Go back far enough, and the answer is yes.

Every single one of us.

My own family, the European branch, began arriving around the time the Massachusetts Bay Colony was founded. Other ancestors were peering out at the strange looking canoe, most of my ancestors were here by the end of the 18th century

The family relocated to the Ohio River Valley during what are called the French and Indian Wars. The farmstead in western Indiana is still in the family, though much smaller than it originally was. I've never visited, but fully intend to now that I live much closer to it.

I was born here on United States soil so I guess I am staying here because this is the country I am from. Now granted somewhere along the line some of my descendants came from other countries but not me.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: HODOSKE
i disagree. been in business for over 40 years. I pay $30 per hour and have been looking for good employee for 2 years now. All that apply is immigrants. But it is hard manual labor. a reply to: Hecate666

I was paying $50 for manual labor. Got a couple of guys. One quit after day one, the other one did a few days and then went to go work at a gas station.

We need manual labor robots!

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: greendust

You don't have to live by the laws, but you will have to deal with the consequences, IF the law finds out.
That's the same for illegal immigrants, and you wouldn't want to trade shoes in that scenario...

I don't have to, but when laws seem reasonable I do. That's because I live in a society. You probably do as well. Whoever you are it seems that you are full of altruistic gooey love. That may work for you, but where I have been in life that is just window dressing for hell.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 05:45 PM
link   

No , America Needs Legally Processed Immigrants . Always Did .
edit on 19-9-2022 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: HODOSKE

Small businesses cannot find any americans that want to do manual labor.

Horse feathers.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: HODOSKE

I Disagree . I have been doing Manual Labor for 40 Years . What ? You wanna Offer Me a Job ? It Will COST You Though , I Have Mad SKILLS .....*)
edit on 19-9-2022 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I thinks it's all a race to the bottom, same as in Canada, bringing in cheap labour mostly, and here..theres no f'ing housing!!!!!!! So, somehow, we end up getting the shaft.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Not exactly correct. First one has to understand what comprises an "official" language. An official language grants certain rights over and above others .So , in that respect , you are correct . However , the requirement to be able to speak and understand English (either US or UK) is still a requirement in the legal immigration process . And the test on the US Constitution is given only in English.

So now you know.
And knowing is half the battle .

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I would go and camp out in that person's back yard.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 07:53 PM
link   
No, America does not need more migrants, but they quickly start making someone a pile of money.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 08:14 PM
link   

a reply to: mtnshredder

Many do learn it.

Many don't. I've helped Filipinos learn English, too. Hispanics. Africans. Europeans.

Yeah, there are places deeper in the provinces or on more secluded islands that don’t and that kid may have very well been from there. I should have clarified.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I think that we need migrants, we just don't need or want illegal immigrants.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I was paying $50 for manual labor. Got a couple of guys. One quit after day one, the other one did a few days and then went to go work at a gas station.
We need manual labor robots!

The place I used to work for was very deadline oriented. When things got tight everybody pitched in. We'd hired a new Drafter and on his first day we were up against the wall because one of our vendors screwed up. We had everybody out in the shop sanding paint off of acrylic letters so that we could repaint them the correct color. I'm at a table with the new guy when he says "This isn't my job. I shouldn't have to do this." I laughed and said that it wasn't my job either and I'm your supervisor. I pointed out a guy at another table and told him "That's the head of Engineering and this isn't his job either. The guy next to him is the President of the Company and I'm pretty sure this isn't his job."
When he left for Lunch, he didn't come back.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join