It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are People So Mad about the Biden 10K forgiveness

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: 3000Hard
a reply to: JAGStorm

Just wanted to let you know your OP was full of sound reasoning.

Thank you. I think the vast majority of people share my view, we just don't hear it on here.

It's unconstitutional.

Therre are several lawsuits already being filed.

Next month Biden will come on tv and say he tried, but the only way to do it will be to have a democrat House and Senate.

It's a ploy for democrats for the midterm elections.

Politics in a democratic Republic. All the GOP has to do is come up with something that appeals to the broader electorate.

Q has some good suggestions!!

You think you live in a a republic that still believes it’s sustained by a democratic process? 🤣🤣🤣

The GOP has come up with “something” that is good for the majority and that the majority of this country agree with but the ignorant shoot it down every chance they get.

The GOP spends so much time defending this country against your party’s stupidity and insanity that it’s difficult for them to move forward on other issues. Problem is…there is a lack of conviction and tenacity from republicans to get past all of your party’s BS.

edit on 27-8-2022 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Because the entire reason college is so expensive is because of the law passed which made college loans non dischargeable in bankruptcy, this made lenders fine with loaning huge amounts of money so colleges raised prices to ridiculous levels.

The solution is freaking simple, repeal the law and prices will go back to what the market can actually afford.

This is just a way to make colleges even more profitable while screwing the common man.

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Wrong, illegals don’t qualify for Federal loans, even DACA kids don’t.

Again FALSE

studentloanjustice.medium.com...

Democrats/leftists always find ways to get around laws. Similar to how Obama forced insurance companies to charge people $1 dollar for abortions, despite there being a law that does not allow federal money to be used to pay for abortions. Not to mention that the left/democrats and Obama himself all claimed that this wasn't true. Yet we found it was true.

If you haven't learned this by now, I don't think you ever will.

Here is one example of leftists bypassing our laws to help illegals.

Notice the following is under "Financial Aid" and under "Resources for Undocumented Students and MN Dream Act"

Minnesota Dream Act Application

Instructions

Select the correct school year's MN Dream Act Application below for instructions.

www.ohe.state.mn.us...

Here is another example of leftists bypassing our laws to help illegals pay their tuition with federal money, in California of course.

Financial Aid for Undocumented/Dreamer Students There are many financial aid options for undocumented/dreamer students, both through CSAC and through colleges themselves

There are many financial aid opportunities for undocumented/dreamer students including: Cal Grant, Chafee Grant, Middle Class Scholarship, UC Grants, State University Grants, California College Promise Grant (CCPG), EOP/EOPS, some University scholarships and some private scholarships administered by campuses.

Cal Grant, Chafee Grant, Middle Class Scholarship
UC Grants, State University Grants
California College Promise Grant (CCPG)
EOP/EOPS
Some University scholarships
Some private scholarships administered by campuses

The priority application deadline for Cal Grants is March 2. However, students attending a CCC can still apply for Cal Grant consideration by September 2.
Dreamer Cal Grants include

High School Entitlement Cal Grant A & B
CCC Transfer Entitlement Cal Grant A & B
CCC Entitlement Cal Grant A & B
Cal Grant C
Competitive Cal Grants

Financial Aid for Undocumented/Dreamer Students

Notice that they include "University grants." From where do you think California Universities get the money?...

If you don't know from where Universities get their grants.

Federal grants at universities received 27% of the total investment or $41 billion from the federal government in 2018. Grants are a form of financial assistance given to individuals or organizations to fund research and projects that contribute to the public good, according to Datalab.

What do universities do with the billions they receive from the government?

edit on 27-8-2022 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment, excerpts and links.

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 03:56 PM
link   

True I guess they feel hard done by for paying of their loan, punishing those who did the right thing.
Encourages people to do the wrong thing still it's only bitterness

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Would you be okay if it was a home loan forgiveness? You could pay off my home.

Take aside for a second the entire unconstitutionality of this, personal responsibility has left the building.

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Would you be okay if it was a home loan forgiveness? You could pay off my home.

Take aside for a second the entire unconstitutionality of this, personal responsibility has left the building.

No. You probably have a great rate and plenty of equity.

You should pay off my home instead.

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Wrong, illegals don’t qualify for Federal loans, even DACA kids don’t.

Again FALSE

studentloanjustice.medium.com...

Actually, i am very right.

Federal and state financial aid for DACA students
Some states may ask you to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA, to see if you’re eligible for state aid. In that case, you will need a Social Security number to start the process. Consult the guidelines at studentaid.gov for instructions on how to fill out the tax and residence information.

Financial Aid for DACA Students

in the above you will find how states like California, Minnesota, and others bypass our laws to give Federal money to illegals to pay for their college/University tuition with Federal money, such as Grants, scholarships, etc which are received by Universities and Colleges by way of Federal money. Despite false claims from leftists, they do use Federal money to help illegals.

Illegals are receiving Federal money also to pay for their rent, to have health insurance, they get free cell phones, and other money and Federal programs they receive free for them of course, but in fact it is paid by the American tax-payer.

edit on 27-8-2022 by ElectricUniverse because: bold excerpt and add comment.

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Why did Biden wait till now to do this?

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Those students who made sacrifices so that they did not have to graduate with tones of debt have a voice too. They worry that for them this give away is more than just about missing out on debt relief or wasting taxpayers money.

They are worried their government is putting them at a disadvantage that goes far beyond money. They aren't unhappy that people who might need assistance are getting it. They are rightfully pointing out that this 'assistances' is canceling out an advantage they spent years building for themselves. The government is picking them to be the lossers this time around. The government has come along and canceled out their years of hard work and sacrifices.

It leaves me wondering which opportunities I unnecessarily gave up in the name of saving and scrimping. Could I have learned another language? Lived abroad? Taken an additional major? Conducted more independent research? Spent more time building professional connections rather than speeding through required courses?

The choices that some of us made to avoid high college bills have distorted far more than just our college years. High school was fundamentally different and far more stressful, spent fixated on navigating a financially imposing future. The things we gave up in college very well may have put us at a professional disadvantage, placing us behind peers who borrowed to attend more prestigious schools and had the breathing room to participate in experiences that better equipped them for long-term success.

Graduating debt-free was one of the best parts of my college experience—and just four years since I started my degree, it's already more difficult to reproduce. The merit scholarship that made my cost-saving journey possible has been reduced and tuition has gone up. I don't wish severe sacrifice or struggle on anyone who hopes to attend college. But I don't think concerns about fairness are frivolous, and I don't think they should be waved away as people cheer yesterday's forgiveness announcement. This one-off cancellation isn't the way to make higher education more accessible and affordable—systemic reform is.

The Student Loan Debate Isn't Just About Money. It's About the Experiences Students Like Me Sacrificed.

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I'm surprised no one else has said it:

$10,000 or maybe $20,000? Who goes to school for that amount these days?

Why such a small amount which won't get most of these kids out of trouble, and given the way loan servicing works, they likely still won't have an easy time paying in their debt. This might reset the ones who stopped paying entirely over the last two years.

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I'm surprised no one else has said it:

$10,000 or maybe $20,000? Who goes to school for that amount these days?

Why such a small amount which won't get most of these kids out of trouble, and given the way loan servicing works, they likely still won't have an easy time paying in their debt. This might reset the ones who stopped paying entirely over the last two years.

I did mention that earlier; the average college debt in 2020 was 40k. This 10k is just enough to make the people who get it to be happy come November; but they will soon realize its not life changing. The banks are still going to get their money; and most of these people will pay the 10k back in interest. The bills are still going to prevent them from buying homes and such.

Biden just gave them enough to buy their vote.
edit on 27-8-2022 by dandandat2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 07:28 PM
link   
If trump , gave a debt subsidies to students, the right wing would say that trump must be the anointed one, look how he is helping the poor and downtrodden just like in the Holy Word. How inspired, trump must be with his generosity.

Perspective/ideology is so personal to the devotees. imo...a classic case of the cult of personality.

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 07:44 PM
link   

If trump , gave a debt subsidies to students, the right wing would say that trump must be the anointed one, look how he is helping the poor and downtrodden just like in the Holy Word. How inspired, trump must be with his generosity.

Perspective/ideology is so personal to the devotees. imo...a classic case of the cult of personality.

Going to that well is getting old.

This isn't a thread involving Donald Trump. Not everything is about Trump. The world was going around long before he became president and it will continue to now that he is no longer president.

Trump certainly has a cult following him; sounds like you might be part of it.
edit on 27-8-2022 by dandandat2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 08:09 PM
link   

*If Trump* ... but he didn't and he didn't even mention that he might, so you're making it up out of your nether orifice to make yourself feel better about Biden effing it up again.

If anything was said about it, it was about how to make it easier for those responsible to pay it off by restructuring the loans or putting clamps on the types of income payments plans that could be offered.
edit on 27-8-2022 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 08:10 PM
link   

whataboutism Trump owns your thought patterns lol.

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Hilarious you always to pretend you're some great thinker, yet you come off as a jackass always.

Heehee indeed.

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Pfft.

You'd have to be in a union to understand.

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I’m not upset but I can imagine a lot of people will be if what I heard comes to pass. I heard the Supreme Court will rule this debt forgiveness unconstitutional and then if that happens, taxpayers will be off the hook.

Otherwise tax payers are on the hook to pay 300 billion for this tax forgiveness act. I understand the way our government is spending money, they are devaluing all our currency and any savings like it is water going down the drain.

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I'm not "mad" I just think it's funny. We send billions and billions of money to other countries but when it comes to us we get crumbs.

But I already know what's going to happen. Courts will find it unlawful AFTER mid term votes are in.

There is also a difference in PPP loans. Business were FORCED to shut down. Some received fines for disobeying that unlawful mandate. These kids were not forced to take out a student loan. Theirs were all by choice.
edit on 27-8-2022 by jidnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2022 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: orionthehunter

On the hook for their debt, bribed to vote the way the Dems want this fall, and then on the hook for all the back payments when the SCOTUS says, "No."

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join