It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are People So Mad about the Biden 10K forgiveness

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: jedi_hamster

so if you think our tests are "intensive", you may as well just kill your kids, because they're bound to be braindead anyway after going through your education system.

Isn't it funny that the whole damn world BEGS us for our "braindead" help when needed.

US college graduates are a bunch of morons, possibly even dumber than before they got in in some aspects. what you consider top tier education, in many parts of the world is considered pathetic at best.

That's why so many foreign parents would give their left arm to have their kids attend school in the US.

no, nobody needs your help. they just need your money - or rather, are willing to use it, because your country is dumb enough to be the world's largest money printer.

and you're paying the bill for that.

also, fighting someone else's wars is the definition of being braindead. and a sidenote, any military might you think you have, is a result of immigrants working their asses off in your top secret labs. there's a reason you brought all that german scientists to your place after WW2. it all comes down to money though, print enough money and throw it at a problem, and sooner or later you'll have it solved, because almost every scientist can be bought.

Again, can't argue with you. It's true.

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 02:26 PM
link   

a reply to: jedi_hamster

no, nobody needs your help. they just need your money

Not sure what planet you're living on but money = help

money is just a piece of paper, and sooner or later all you'll be able to do with your prescious USD is to wipe your ass.

so if money is what defines your worth for you, you're in for a ride.

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Bruh the goal is to stay high.

Humans arent all that complicated.

a reply to: Tekner

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Were poor business owners not eligible or were there less? If a poor person is a running a business then it is probably not successful so why would they get more money than a bigger company that has more employees to pay? Your link mentions 60% must go to payroll and the rest can be used to pay mortgage/lease/supplier costs which would make sense. Then mentions only a third of the total went to payroll. If that is the truth and the company didn't spend 60% on payroll then they don't get it forgiven...

Oh just wait my friend that second part is coming to fruition. There were posts and many stories of mom and pops that did NOT get PPP loans. There are many stories of celebrities, rich, and actually many politician connected people getting PPP loans no problem. BTW, it was both Democrats and Republicans that benefitted.

Why do you think they are beefing up the IRS. They don't care about Sallie and Jim Bob and that may owe an extra $600 (well they actually do, but it's not the focus) I've heard they are going to be going after fraudulent PPP loans, small-big businesses. That's where the money is at. This is just my speculation right now, we'll see soon enough.

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Rent went up so they no longer have as plentiful dope houses flop houses etc....

You expect them to magically get off dope cause you gave them 40 bucks? Haaaa

Comical thinking plus you don't understand homelessness quite a few said # society I rather live this way.

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Plenty of homeless get hundreds of dollars of "help" daily, but for some reason they still don't seem any better off hmmm

I said help right, not better.
Do the homeless get food, do they get their hit, do they buy cheetos or whatever else they spend their money on, yes.

Definition of help

make it easier for (someone) to do something by offering one's services or resources

I've said many times, this is not a CURE. It is a bandaid to a broken system.

edit on 25-8-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Manson sed;
Why would I go and work for someone else's money like teenie bopper? I got 10 or 15 girls a motorcycle and a sleeping bag why would I go and work for someone else's money??

Not everyone was made to be a regular jackhole.

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I think many people against this just take pleasure in seeing other people suffer.

And I understand the argument the government borrowing and spending money causes the inflation because the Fed will just magically create more money. And the creation of too much fiat currency will cause an over supply of money which will then create inflation. The thing is, wealth inequality is at all time highs and so much of the supply of money is being hoarded by a small number of people, I'm not sure paying off these loans will will cause inflation. I think there's a supply side and demand side to inflation to take into account. We've already had so much inflation it just seems to me there would not be that much big of bump in demand for products and services to cause real inflation as opposed to denominator inflation. After spending 5 or 6 trillion on Covid stimulus and relief I'm not sure 300 billion is going to matter than much.

I think for the Democrats side, this is a smart political win and will help voters choose voting Democrat.

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AllSeeingEye2025

I think for the Democrats side, this is a smart political win and will help voters choose voting Democrat.

So, "buying votes" confirmed I guess.

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I want to hear it.

Why are you upset?

Is it because someone is getting something you didn't? Well, that's life isn't it. Lots of people get stuff others don't.
Is it because it's a Democratic President giving it away? Why wasn't it a problem when PPP loans were given out?
Is it because he said it would do it and he did it and now that has empowered Democrats?
Is it because you are responsible and others aren't, yes, that one stings, but again, that's the unfairness of life.
Is it because of our national debt.......well, that's been going up exponentionally for a very long time.

So here is where i'm at with this. Our government is corrupt. They buy votes with favors. Sometimes those favors go to
businesses, sometimes to people. If it were me we would have the most fiscally conservative government the world has ever seen, and the most
socially liberal! Since I don't run the government I have to deal with what we have and i've learned to live with it and not get too worked up.
I vote and vote locally. That is where you can actually see at least a little differece.

The 10K to kids going to college is a drop in the bucket in the overall sceme of things. I personally would rather help college kids starting out vs sending money to other countries or illegal aliens. We always hear, why aren't our kids getting help. Well here is one time they are and everyone is up in arms over it.

My husband and I both went to college. I was living in real poverty when I was in school. We didn't have help from our parents. I worked three jobs at one point and went to school on and off. It was horrible and I hope nobody has to go through that. Even though college was very cheap at the time so was pay.

I can only assume their logic was something like "canceling student debt puts money back in the pockets of our struggling employees who wish they could spare just a few more dollars for every day expenses" and that's not really how it works. Instead of putting money back in our pockets, they are taking money away from institutions who will ultimately be forced to raise prices in other areas to compensate for the evaporated funds which will require years to fully recoup those losses.

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

They can give me all the money they want, all they are doing is ruining the economy and making inflation worse, and I still won't vote for them.
As my dad said paraphrased, take the gov benefits, but you have to realise they are all idiots and we are all doing the best we can.

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

they are taking money away from institutions

These loans are Federal loans, how would they take away from institutions?

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 02:53 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for POLITE political debate will be enforced.
Members must also Stay on Topic!!!
Go after the ball not the player.

Trolling, And What To Do About It

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Slow clap indeed.
A very very slow....clap.

link   

I worked three jobs at one point and went to school on and off. It was horrible and I hope nobody has to go through that. Even though college was very cheap at the time so was pay.

Gotta disagree with ya on this one Jag. There are people out there this very minute working 2 or 3 jobs just to put food on the table for their kids and be able to keep a roof over their head.
Do they get 10k in debt forgiveness ? Well, obviously not.

This a the "free stuff" tactic. Obama pulled the same thing. Give people free stuff and they will vote for you, that's all Joe is doing at this point.
What valuable lesson will these kids learn ? It won't be be about working to earn what you want, it'll be vote for the right person/party and all is forgiven.

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

It's about time the Democrats start playing hard ball. Yes, it's buying votes. But it's also good for everyone in the economy. Freeing up money for young people to spend is good stimulus. It wasn't that long ago people were fretting over recession.

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

I worked three jobs at one point and went to school on and off. It was horrible and I hope nobody has to go through that. Even though college was very cheap at the time so was pay.

This a the "free stuff" tactic. Obama pulled the same thing. Give people free stuff and they will vote for you, that's all Joe is doing at this point.
What valuable lesson will these kids learn ? It won't be be about working to earn what you want, it'll be vote for the right person/party and all is forgiven.

Say a student has all their loans paid off. And they still have a job. And they are earning their pay with hard work. What difference does it make where the post student worker is spending their hard earned money. It's still hard earned money. I don't understand why you think spending the money in one place matters more than another.

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AllSeeingEye2025
a reply to: underpass61

It's about time the Democrats start playing hard ball. Yes, it's buying votes. But it's also good for everyone in the economy. Freeing up money for young people to spend is good stimulus. It wasn't that long ago people were fretting over recession.

Good for everyone? Yeah, sure buddy

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AllSeeingEye2025

I think you're full of horse manure. I don't object to giving other people pleasure. I object to unconstitutional maneuvers to manipulate the vote and further impoverish those who are seriously struggling to survive.

posted on Aug, 25 2022 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AllSeeingEye2025

Yeah, they can spend that money on expensive gas
expensive groceries
expensive costs of heating and cooling
outrageous rent

Bwaaahahaha. Just kidding. They'll spend it on lattes at Starbucks and a new pair of Nike. THOSE companies will see a profit, while the rest of us are still paying out the ass.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join