It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Calvine UFO Image is finally out

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

Craig Lindsay has said he made one copy of the clearest of the 6 and if you mean none of the others have been available to the public that is true, however there are quite a few that would have seen them (and studied them at length).

Also, no matter what may be conjectured elsewhere, the MOD would have vectored the Harriers and had pilot reports, they didn't just stumble across it on a summer evenings joy flight.

Unless of course it is all a hoax.

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: chundered

Nick Pope never had copies or access to the 6 photos and inherited the one alleged photocopy on a wall in an office he moved in to.

Bottom line for me is……bring out the other remaining 5 photos copies..

What has been presented to the world may have been the best of the 6…..however…my curiosity wants to see the others….whoever else has them….if Craig Lindsey won’t.

👽☕️🍩
edit on 18-3-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: introufo2
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I don’t know what Mellon is showing but it's not the kind of crafts I refer to.
And there are pictures and testimonies of solid silvery UFOs.
You talk about pictures but then you cite a case with no pictures and very likely the official explanation is correct that there were no craft, and no metallic objects.

What Arnold saw was likely distantly related to the effect you see on a long, straight stretch of hot road, where there's an appearance of water on the road, it almost could be described as metallic-looking, but due to the air flow, the image is unstable. Note that Kenneth Arnold described the appearance of what he saw as unstable, since the objects were both changing shape and becoming so thin as to also disappear at times, and also displayed very erratic motion.

Kenneth Arnold's description of unstable images of the "craft" is the clue that tells us he was likely seeing mirages, because that very lack of stability is consistent with mirages and is not consistent with any known theory of aerodynamics for real solid craft.

Kenneth Arnoald’s description of the nine crafts he witnessed in 1947

You left out the most important part of his description that tells us he saw mirages rather than craft, although the "faded" is another clue to the likely mirage origin, since mirages are more likely to "fade" than real craft.

Kenneth Arnold UFO sighting

Sometimes he said he could see them on edge when they seemed so thin and flat they were practically invisible. According to Jerome Clark,[3][4] Arnold described them as a series of objects with convex shapes, though he later revealed that one object differed by being crescent-shaped. Several years later, Arnold would state he likened their movement to saucers skipping on water
The changing shapes to sometimes near invisibility, and "skipping" motion is consistent with him seeing mirages, and is not consistent with being real physical aircraft.

The motion he generally described as weaving like the tail of a kite and erratic flipping.
So nothing in his description seems consistent with real craft and everything seems consistent with mirages, especially the changing shapes and erratic motion.

The Army Air Force's formal public conclusion was that "the objects of this sighting were due to a mirage."
I know people steeped in the religion of UFOlogy think that sounds like a fake explanation, but it's really the explanation that makes the most sense and is consistent with Arnold's description which is very much like mirages and nothing at all like actual aircraft. So I think the evidence supports the Army Air Force's conclusion that Arnold saw mirages, based on my own research into mirages.

I know not everyone agrees with that and it's not completely proven, it's just the explanation that's most consistent with what Arnold described. Most people don't know much about mirages, so they're not as likely to accept an explanation they may not understand and which in some cases may not fit their preconceived bias on the UFO topic.

Steuart Campbell has said that the objects Arnold reported could have been mirages of several snow-capped peaks in the Cascade Range...Mirages could have been caused by temperature inversions over several deep valleys in the line of sight.

Whether anybody chooses to believe they were mirages or something else, that case highlights the importance of having photos or video to corroborate a sighting, and either could have lent either more or less credence to the various theories floating around about what he saw.

Don't forget the Chad Underwood case where the video he shot proves the opposite of his description of the video, meaning the pilot's perception can be worse than worthless, he says the video shows extraordinary motion when it actually hardly shows any motion at all except for an optical illusion of sudden motion when target lock is lost. So the only reason we know what happened in Chad Underwood's case is because of the video he made. If we went by his description, we would have no clue what really happened, because it turns out his description is completely wrong, the UFO never defies the laws of physics as he claimed the video shows.

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

First of all, I’ve been into ufology for a long time and have seen pictures of metallic crafts. I nor anyone else can claim they know it’s an ET craft...

And some of them might be hoaxes...that’s not the point.

I can get you some pictures of crafts but don’t have the desire to do that now.

Just google it you’ll get all kinds of pictures claiming to be UFOs and they are solid-looking crafts...

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1

originally posted by: chundered

Nick Pope never had copies or access to the 6 photos and inherited the one alleged photocopy on a wall in an office he moved in to.

Bottom line for me is……bring out the other remaining 5 photos copies..

What has been presented to the world may have been the best of the 6…..however…my curiosity wants to see the others….whoever else has them….if Craig Lindsey won’t.

👽☕️🍩

They apparently no longer exist according to the MOD, the original negatives having been returned to the Daily Record (who never received them) and it seems the MOD received actual photos not negatives anyway. There is reference to photos in a still classified file related to Aurora but it isn't known if that is these.

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 09:10 AM
link   

a reply to: DaydreamerX

Here’s the story as it was exclusively released to Newsweek in 2022. Newsweek is notorious for ads…..you’ll have to scroll pass them as you see them. It suck’s…I know.

'Best' UFO Picture Ever, the Calvine Photo, Found After 30 Years Missing

Notice the caption says ‘pictures’ plural…..on the surface of the table/desk looks to be the rest of the pictures from the backside dimensionally…imo…no one has yet to see those others publicly……

👽

Thanks Ophiuchus. Will read tonight.

cheers)

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: introufo2
Chances are I've seen them all. I was just inquiring since your previous post implied you knew of better images than the Calvine photo, and I was asking for examples of some better images in the hopes that you knew of something better than what I've seen, because what I've seen is not very good and I would say unimpressive.

I don't know if the Calvine photo is real or a hoax, but either way, it seems a lot more interesting than most of the other photos I've seen. If it's real, it's awesome and is at least somewhat clear. Even if it's fake, it's a more interesting fake than so many others that look like hubcaps, toy train wheels, canning pot lids, truck mirrors, and other metallic objects that for some reason impress some people but look like junk hoaxes to me, if they are clear. If they are not clear, then they are often just fuzzy and it's hard to tell what they are, like the three pentagon UAP videos released a few years ago. The problem with lack of decent UFO imagery is discussed here:

The Enticing Mysteries of U.F.O. Photography

“Considering the notorious camera-mindedness of Americans,” Carl Jung wrote presciently in his 1958 book “Flying Saucers,” “it is surprising how few ‘authentic’ photographs of UFOs seem to exist, especially as many of them are said to have been observed for several hours at relatively close quarters.” Now with high-definition photographic tools held perpetually in the palms of billions of people across the globe, this problem should give us even more pause. Does this relative shortage of visuals amount to evidence that the U.F.O. phenomenon is pure bunkum, as many skeptics would have us believe? Or is it, as Jung himself famously supposed, because “UFOs are somehow not photogenic”?

So yes there are lots of UFO images, but they are unimpressive. The "best" UFO cases tend not to have imagery, like Fravor's "tictac" or the 1976 Tehran Iran case, though the lack of imagery in some sense makes them not the "best cases" because of that lack. Fravor had a camera so I don't know why he didn't use it, even though his mission was to ID a UFO, and the Tehran UFO got so much attention, it's amazing nobody photographed it.

edit on 2024319 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Patchycody
All very good questions.
Answers to some coming soon

Absolutely pathetic. This is why UAP study is considered a joke in academia and just about everywhere else. Ufology or whatever pretentious title it's labouring under now is a clique comprised of overgrown middle-aged school boys who consider themselves to be custodians of classified material, when actually they have very few formal credentials and would be laughed out of any serious academic journal or scholastic conference. The photo is a hoax and a crude one at that.
edit on 19-3-2024 by harponianlodge because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus

Ophiuchus, I've read the article. I am asking myself, why so much secrecy around this case? Secret tech? I doubt..there are many desolated locations in the US where the test could have been conducted with zero witnesses except for the test site staff.

Accourding to the description of the encounter, the object did not move too fast. May be drifting. But no witness has mention in what direction on the picture the object was drifting. The aerodynamic fins the artist added to the object may not be entirely accurate. What if the object was drifting from left to right?

edit on 19-3-2024 by DaydreamerX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DaydreamerX
a reply to: Ophiuchus

But no witness has mention in what direction on the picture the object was drifting. The aerodynamic fins the artist added to the object may not be entirely accurate. What if the object was drifting from left to right?

DDX ….folks here know me as Ophi….it’s less keystrokes 😊

To what I’ve read …the only witness(s) are the ones who took the pictures and can’t be found…..peruse this article

Hunt for the Photographer Who Took the ‘Best’ UFO Picture in Existence

As for the logistics of which way the craft was moving….it’s speed…etc…….I’m clueless.

👽

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 09:32 PM
link   

photos.app.goo.gl...

i was out in the mi9ddle of the ocean and saw this bad boy drifting along

DETAILS
Mar 10
Sun, 9:46 PM
GMT-05:00
IMG_2795.MOV
2.1MP
1080 × 1920
GPS
24°28'19.2"N 79°28'36.8"W

it acted as a single unit at first(one orange ball) than it moved and and the body and light became visible

no FAA lights

unless like yellow/orange with out strobes and green and red are okay now(doubt it).

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BTBTBTallover

Ya know not bad for what it appears to be so often reported…a triangle ….consider making a thread for your vid….to scrutinize in detail. Any three lights in the sky will always form a triangle from the angle of the cameras perspective. Unless they are in a straight line.

Here’s some food for thought……

Do airplanes have orange lights?

While normally red in colour, anti collision lights can often appear more or less orange, depending on the background and atmospheric conditions. It is impossible to determine the aircraft type just based on the fact that it has a orange light on it, since almost all aircraft have reddish orange anti collision lights.

👽🍺
edit on 19-3-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 10:39 PM
link   

its possible but it didnt act like a normal aircraft not red and green lights the odd orange single ball turning to 3(could be a AOA thing and only saw the other two when it moved

generally aircraft move this just hung in the sky till it took off

it could be anything but if you look at the GPS where i was it would see odd for an aircraft to be playing games with lights near Cuba

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BTBTBTallover

its possible but it didnt act like a normal aircraft not red and green lights the odd orange single ball turning to 3(could be a AOA thing and only saw the other two when it moved

generally aircraft move this just hung in the sky till it took off

it could be anything but if you look at the GPS where i was it would see odd for an aircraft to be playing games with lights near Cuba

Given the coordinates where you were and the lights in the sky…..I’d say whatever it was …was possibly within or just outside the Bermuda Triangle boundary lines. Of course it depends on what direction you were looking from where you were and where they were..

Interesting…Hmmmm

That would be a kawinkydink….a triangle within a triangle 😉

👽
edit on 19-3-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 11:44 PM
link   

im a night owl, but i was also on a large luxury boat that was lit up like time square on our wat to St. Thomas for a dive trip so maybe whoever was just checking us out on a lonely night or scare some people

when i was under water i heard a lot of very strange sonar like up sweeps and they were exactly the same every time and that says, to me, is some sort of sound emitter and it was super loud

if its not the NAVY(US) than who is it?

i was getting my recertification for my job so i was at 100M that's about 384 feet. i was breathing 38% Helium and 12% oxygen and we were very deep and bright to what i equate to the surface of the moon is how i imagine it, but wet.

I was told by my scuba boat guy that there is something the navy is working on but that is far as he would go and he also said it was all rumor and what not, a overactive one.

the ocean is another world right here on earth and you can even fly around in it(subs) If i had to guess where we keep such things it would be under the ocean with alot of traffic but in an area with deep canyons and caves to build into.

edit on 19-3-2024 by BTBTBTallover because: bad typer

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 11:46 PM
link   

didnt even realize where i was until you pic

lol

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BTBTBTallover

didnt even realize where i was until you pic

lol

It appears to have some sort of distortion or interaction between the left two lights.

That’s a new one on me….

If indeed you shot the footage yourself…..try getting it on TV’s….Paranormal Caught On Camera! All they could do is say No…but if Yes…..your vid may make it onto the show..

Here’s the contact….

Good Luck 🍀

👽
edit on 20-3-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Just came across this……for the nuisance of signing up …….this appears to be a little more in depth on the Calvine photograph(s) (I haven’t signed up)

It’s a UK url….directly to the Sheffield Hallam University..

Photographic analysis of the 10x8” print of Calvine UFO photograph donated by Craig Lindsey and currently held in special collections at Sheffield Hallam University

👽☕️🍩

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Just came across this……for the nuisance of signing up …….this appears to be a little more in depth on the Calvine photograph(s) (I haven’t signed up)

It’s a UK url….directly to the Sheffield Hallam University..

Photographic analysis of the 10x8” print of Calvine UFO photograph donated by Craig Lindsey and currently held in special collections at Sheffield Hallam University

👽☕️🍩

Here I found the main PDF - calvine_ufo_photographic_analysis_v4.pdf

I can't find the Supplemental Material and accompanying image.

I didn't try to register on the Sheffield Univ. site; it looks like it is reserved for Uni. Staff only.

edit on 20/3/2024 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

A quick scan…it looks to be good…..I’ll have time on my next trips to the golden throne 🤓

I’ve downloaded it….

Thanks!

👽🍻

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join