It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What a terrible day - 21 dead most are children

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Ah, so murders with guns are much worse than murders with knives?

Nope but far easier to commit for a start.

Really? Then why does London have so many murders and more as New York has? Lots of murders in New York are done with guns, illegal guns at that.

Cant off 22 people with a Stanley knife or kitchen blade.

Actually...yes you can...

And "you claimed your children are safe in the UK."

London teen homicides: Boy's stabbing is record 30th killing

As for mass knife murders, they can and have occurred and not just in China

by: CNN Wire

Posted: Dec 21, 2016 / 07:37 AM EST

Updated: Dec 21, 2016 / 10:32 AM EST

The suspect’s identity papers were found inside the cabin of the truck used in Monday’s attack, which left 12 people dead and 48 injured, the official said. The man was born in 1992, he said.

An urgent manhunt is underway for the suspect, who is potentially armed and dangerous, before he can strike again, CNN terrorism analyst Paul Cruickshank said.

Tunisian man sought in Berlin Christmas market attack that killed 12 people

A note on mass victim knife attacks around the world: a single, very small 16 year old was able to wound at least 24 people with a knife in just 5 minutes

In the last mass school shooting in the U.S. the murderer locked himself in the room with the students he murdered. Are you claiming someone with a knife, or even a club can't do that?

edit on 29-5-2022 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

We banned guns for the most part and yet the sky has not fallen.

Seems to have worked out for us at least where mass murder via gun and school shootings are concerned, for the most part anyroad.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Im claiming killing people with a gun, especially the likes of an AR-15 compared to a knife is apples and oranges which is plainly clear to anyone with half a brain.

And London is not representative of the rest of the UK.

Its nuts, but these days London is in a league of its own.
edit on 29-5-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

link   

We banned guns for the most part and yet the sky has not fallen.

Seems to have worked out for us at least where mass murder via gun and school shootings are concerned, for the most part anyroad.

Yet murders in London can and have surpassed murders in New York with similar population numbers... Keep denying facts all you want.

link   

And London is not representative regarding the rest of the UK.

Thats a fact.

I know idiots, pals even, that come up to Glasgow and would never feck around but when they go back down south turn into little Al Capones.

Just because they can get away with it down to the sheer size and scale of the city.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Im claiming killing people with a gun, especially the likes of an AR-15 compared to a knife is apples and oranges which is plainly clear to anyone with half a brain.

Actually, I am quite sure I have a full or rather a normal sized brain... You see someone with half a brain would not be able to think much less live long and lots of people with their entire brains intact and working, like yours, make really illogical claims and even lie after being caught in their lies...

And London is nor representative of the rest of the UK.

Its nuts, but these days London is in a league of its own.

Ahhh...so now London is not a part of the UK...got it... Then, can we rule out the murders caused in democrat cities and states as well as the crimes including murders that occur because of democrat policies such as "open borders"?... I mean, fair is fair right?...

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 11:21 AM
link   

According to you i have to read every single post you have made on the topic, and every single thread you have responded on the topic to be able to respond to a post you made in this thread...

Not at all....but if you are going to make things up about what I allegedly think and believe I'd suggest that a little bit of research might be wise.

You made some massive leaps and assumptions....all of which were wrong.

More so when you claim I am obsessed with "maintaining the status quo..." Not to mention the fact you put words in my mouth and you go as far as implying that my answer meant that I find acceptable such mass murders... Which again it is just in your head as none of my comments even come close to implying what you claim I implied.

But to the casual observer that's exactly what they imply......

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Governments with armed populations are less likely to impose draconian measures on their people. Of the English speaking countries which of them retained more freedom and personal liberty throughout the lockdowns?

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Actually, I am quite sure I have a full brain

Lets hope you keep it and some horrable little bastard having a bad day don't blow the other half off with an AR-15.

London is part of the UK, but crime-wise, they are playing by their own rules in this day of age.

Its another place that if it doesn't get its act together sharpish, violence-wise, bad things are apt to be on the horizon/are on the horizon.

Put it this way, its quite hard to walk into a pub in Glasgow and buy a gun these days, down there, in some places in London dafties are openly trying to sell them at the pub toilet or carpark if you are in the wrong sorts of boozer.

It's nuts with a capital N.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 11:25 AM
link   

So politicians and rulers can have as much weaponry as they like, up to and including nuclear weapons and fighter jets but the civilians they are supposed to represent can’t be trusted with a gun.

What kills more people, civilians with guns or politicians and the armies they command?

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Glasgow at one point was the knife crime capital of Europe. It didn’t reduce this plague by outlawing knives, instead it relaxed the laws and filtered budgets toward youth engagement programs, treating violence as a disease.

edit on 29/5/22 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Actually, London's murder rate has and can surpass the murder rate of New York. Both of which have a similar population number. But people like "andy06shake" just want to argue that "murders with guns are worse than murders with other tools. It seems that "andy06shake" is scared of even the words "gun" and "firearms."

People who look at the facts would logically conclude that guns are just tools, just like knives, and are not the problem. Which is why London murders can, and have surpassed murders in New York.

Why doesn't UK ban football, or bars... It would really lower their numbers...

London is one issue, but how about Manchester?

From fraud to vandalism, the Greater Manchester area is struggling when it comes to crime. Figures indicate that Manchester is the UK’s most dangerous location for crime. Violence accounts for 17% of total crimes committed in Manchester, equating to around 122,117 offences every year or 384 crimes per 1,000 people. Antisocial behaviour is a leading cause in crime within Manchester; it is likely that crime is so high due to the large number of bars and clubs located in the city centre.

The difference is some big guy or guys come into my house and they will die, they go into Andy's house in the UK and they beat the crap out of him and his family with cricket bats and take his things and leave, well no one died right, to mess up the 1 out of every 100k.

edit on 29-5-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

link   

At a guess America?

That's what you wish to hear i suppose. LoL

Those draconian measures may have saved quite a few lives.

Not that the likes of Boris or his minions stuck to any sorts of lockdown all the same.

Nobody coming to get us Grenade, not the government or anybody else, and we don't have many guns.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I know i live there.

Not many people get shot all the same these days simply for kicks and hoots.

Here's the thing, take away all youth engagement programs and close all the community center's and they will stab one another for fun.

Give them something better to do and the majority will do that instead.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Not at all....but if you are going to make things up about what I allegedly think and believe I'd suggest that a little bit of research might be wise.

What exactly did I make up? Didn't i quote what you wrote?

You made some massive leaps and assumptions....all of which were wrong.

Which is exactly what you did, but in my case i didn't write you implied anything...

But to the casual observer that's exactly what they imply......

Ok... "maintaining the status quo..."

1. Can you elaborate exactly what "status quo" you think I am obsessed with?...
2. Again, did I not quote from you what you wrote yourself?
3. Can you show me where I wrote you implied anything?

Actually, here. Exactly what I wrote and what I quoted from you.

a reply to: Freeborn

More deflection?...

First of all, I am not going to waste my time looking for every "related thread and posts" in which you post your views on firearm laws.

Second of all, you argued, and I quote: a reply to: Freeborn
And how many people would be attracted to a career in teaching if a requirement is to carry a gun and be able to shoot people?

And where do they stop with these measures?
Secured entrances to shopping malls, sporting events, bars etc?
Armed guards everywhere?
Literally everyone carrying guns?

Would you want to live in a society like that?
I know I don't.

The only way to stop mass murders would be to have such a society which is what democrat leaders want, and BTW plenty of states have open carry and people don't kill each other willy nilly...

Third, even in democrat cities and states which have very strict gun control laws, gun crimes not only occur but are common. Enforcing even the well over 20,000 state and Federal gun control laws, not counting county and city gun control laws, would require an increase in police officers equal to the amount of criminals committing such crimes. The U.S. would become a "militarized under Martial Law nation." Which again it is the goal of democrat leaders and the global elites.

As for "everyone having guns..." Again we are not talking about arming criminals, but law abiding people... As it is in the U.S. up to 2.5 million Americans use guns defensively each year. More people defend their lives and those of family and friends with firearms, including AR-15s than people that are murdered with firearms.

4. Do you really want me to start insulting you because you decide to ignore facts? You did...

Now, can you answer my questions or are you going to keep on pretending that I implied something which I didn't even write and which cannot be construed as me claiming you implied something.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Oh they’re coming my friend, you will have no possessions and be happy. I’ll be in a mass grave or gulag.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 11:35 AM
link   

America should take the same approach, rather than outlawing guns, tackle the real problem which is the mental health of their youth. Also US children are the most medicated in the world, over there they think everything can be solved with a pill.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 11:36 AM
link   

When?

And what for?

"They" already have us by the short and curlies simply down to austerity and financial crashes.

I thinking we enjoy more freedom and security than most places illusory or otherwise myself if im honest.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

Oh they’re coming my friend, you will have no possessions and be happy. I’ll be in a mass grave or gulag.

Or living free because democrats are too scared of them coming for you. All you have to do is show them a picture of a firearm and they will flee. They will also go to and and yelling in dismay at the top of their lungs: "HE HAS A PICTURE OF A FIREARM....RUUUUUN...." If they don't pass out from the terror of having to look at a picture of a firearm....

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 11:39 AM
link   

America should take the same approach, rather than outlawing guns, tackle the real problem which is the mental health of their youth.

How long and how much will that take never mind what do they do in the interim whilst this generation slaughters one another with AR-15 for kicks and hoots?

Also US children are the most medicated in the world, over there they think everything can be solved with a pill.

Don't know about pills but ArmaLite don't solve much nor serve any other purpose than to deal death.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join