It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child Killed During Christian Ritual

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: gkskg

This isnt isolated or a rare occurrence. I grew up in an Assemblies of God church in the late 80s and early 90s. Talk about a denomination with a fetish for casting out demons and bringing on the end of the world. That is a mainstream evangelical group and the belief in possessions and casting out devils was very real to them ( at least up until the late 90s when I split and never looked back).

All you've proven to us is that you can't handle the idea that demons exist. Assemblies of God can come across as pretty extreme, but most of them mean well. From my experiences in the past with them, they're at least preaching the full message of the gospel and not all of them are extreme. They differ one from another in their practices.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 07:43 AM
link   

There is a major problem when scriptures are taught literally by clergy who dont have a clue what the books they are teaching from actually mean.

You've proven that you don't understand what they mean either, so I'm not convinced that you know more than they do on the subject in order to judge.

Yes, we all know that there has been child abuse within the Catholic church and predators (like someone else mentioned) will try to use the most unlikely settings to sit as a predator. It's the world we live in and it has nothing to do with Christianity itself. The hearts of some people have just turned cold and evil, but that's everywhere.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: chr0naut
It doesn't sound like a Christian denomination. It sounds like a cult with an apocalyptic leader, meeting in the back of a house.

Ingelsia Pentacostal churches are originally from South/Central America but there are plenty here now in the United States. The name alone shows it's a Christian denomination.

the name shows nothing. we also have "the church of Christ", which is a cult (not to be confused with churches of Christ, which are not part of them, and have been around far longer). or "Iglesia Ni Cristo", which means "church of Christ" in the Philippines, which is a wide spread cult in the Philippines and has started to spread around the world with OFW's (which makes sense since part of their beliefs is that they can only get to heaven when the times comes, by being inside the church building, which then flys to heaven), especially in North America. started by a Catholic, that went to an actual Church of Christ (the actual Christian church), college and then started his own religion combining tenants of Catholicism, Christianity, and some wacky ideas that almost sound like they come from the Scientology cult.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: generik

Everyone of those you mentioned is some form of Christianity.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Do you read ancient Greek and/or Hebrew? Are you claiming to understand the full message of the Gospel?

What denomination are you?

I view "demons" as negative thought patterns that become ingrained in an individual. Largely causing a person to consistently indulge in behaviors that prioritize base self interest over their realtionships.to other humans. These behaviors take many forms and influence the beliefs of the person caught in this type mental trap.

People don't need monsters to do terrible things or behave selfishly. Humans are perfectly capable of doing bad without a supernatural entity pulling their strings.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: abigredneck
Average 700 000 abortions a year,
one obscure "Christian" ritual death.
Yea, exactly the same.

They do like to jump on theses. It's like the infiltration of the LGBTQ into priesthood or boy scouts. Then they scream that those organizations are full of pedophiles and should be shut down to protect the children.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

your so long winded Chr0 lol you use 30 words when three will do .

Alas it's fine , and I don't know what the Lutherans Cherry pick as I'm not a Lutheran nor have I studied them in any great detail. I do find Martin Luther to be interesting , he did dabble in the esoteric sciences and mysticism .

I think one of Luther's great contributions to Christianity is the diluting of the Priests' Power , He taught that Christ can be sought by anyone with out the need of a Priest and of course the Catholic Church didn't like this as it lessened there power over the people.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: detroitnative

I believe you've mistaken my intent, for what it's worth.

You assume I am advancing some sort of political position.

My whole point in all of this is to highlight how children, born or not yet born, are used as props and talking points.

This happens no matter what side of the spectrum you are on , left or right. Liberal or conservative, democrat or republican, theist or atheist

The reason I chose this example of this specific Christian church is because it is an example of when literal interpretations are taken to the very extreme.

Someone reads that Jesus casts out unclean spirits and in an attempt emulate, they then try to cast out unclean spirits themselves.

In this instance, a child was killed. Children have been victims of the designs of men building religions. Christianity is no exception.

There needs to be a real inward look by all of Christendom as to why the patterns of abuse continue and what is the root cause.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 12:32 PM
link   
can we say with total assurance that exorcisms are not real, people don't really get possessed by evil, and any accusations to the contrary are flat out lies, or could there be more to all this than basic common sense? I have never seen a person who was possessed that I know of, nor have I ever seen a ghost, or anything that could be considered supernatural. Does that mean it doesn't exist? Or just that I haven't seen it?

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I believe there is more to it.

The thing is that people often don’t take responsibility for their own actions and use the cop out that “the devil made me do it”.

Christianity teaches that if you truly know Jesus Christ demons can’t inhabit the same temple ( our bodies) as the Holy Ghost which we are informed dwells in us.

On the point of exorcism (a word which I don’t believe is in the bible but is more of a Catholic thing) casting out demons is done by invoking the name of Christ. Not by conversing or interacting with said demon.

We are instructed not to converse with them. It is not us that casts them out but Jesus himself.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: gkskg
a reply to: chr0naut

Just in then last 500 years, bickering between Protestants and Catholics (in the form of wars and aggression toward each other) has resulted in millions of deaths. Organized religion is capable of some extremely heinous behaviors.

just like pretty much any, and every ideology, be it religious (including anti religious), political, societal etc. we are humans, which apparently means bias, aggression, and fighting each other over anything and everything you can think of.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 02:09 PM
link   

a reply to: FlyInTheOintment
And my original point is that there is major issue in Christendom with the abuse of children. How they are disciplined, how they are taught to think, and how they are sexually objectified by those that are supposed to teach and protect them

gee just like in pretty much all society, and groups within our society. in fact what you say applies even more to schools these days, then religion.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

How are you supposed to know the difference between someone who is supposedly possessed by a demon and someone who is suffering schizophrenia?

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Everyone of those you mentioned is some form of Christianity.

the way you seem to think, you probably consider muslims to be Christians. after all they based parts of their religion off of the Christian and Jewish religions as well.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Very true. These problems are rampant throughout society. I am in no way trying to state that these things don't exist elsewhere.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: generik
the way you seem to think, you probably consider muslims to be Christians. after all they based parts of their religion off of the Christian and Jewish religions as well.

No, they are Muslims. These people accept Jesus as their savior, just like other Christians. Muslims do not.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 02:30 PM
link   
@chr0naut

Hey, CIA asset Cynthia Buckley DOB 3/7/1970, as a self-described witch who sold their soul to The Prince of Darkness back in 1985, why on earth are you commenting on any subject regards Christianity? From what I recollect your people were at one point trying to abduct me off the street so as to offer me up as sacrifice to The Prince of Darkness. Probably still are. If so, are the Virginia State Police still involved?

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 02:34 PM
link   

a reply to: NorthOfStuff

How are you supposed to know the difference between someone who is supposedly possessed by a demon and someone who is suffering schizophrenia?

That’s a fair question and something that Christians need to keep in mind.

The Biblical instructions for getting rid of a demon wouldn’t cause any harm to a schizophrenic person though.

For what it’s worth I suspect that schizophrenia and other similar disorders are far more common than demon possession and care and compassion needs to be a priority when addressing these symptoms in any way.

Any practice that results in harm to a person is not Christian or Christ like.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Evenflo
a reply to: infolurker

Sounds like a cult.

I agree.
That would be an apt description of Christianity in America.
Just for fun, look at a random town in the US in Google Maps.
Count the number of churches.
Now do the same in Japan.

Striking, isn't it?
try calling out Muslims for practicing their faith and see how folks respond. Or maybe you’d be more comfortable persecuting the Jews?

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Very true. These problems are rampant throughout society. I am in no way trying to state that these things don't exist elsewhere.

Since the beginning of mankind, the problem has always been...man/people. We, as humans, have a tendency and the ability to destroy everything. It's been that way from the beginning. We can find a way to take everything that's good in the world and use it for bad.

Your posting history is very telling. Half of your threads, including your first one, revolves around religion and religious conspiracies. You mention that you grew up in the Assemblies of God church. Obviously, something very troubling happened there or affected you based on your own parents' beliefs and practices on this subject. Instead of generalizing on why you think all denominations of Christianity are abusive, why don't you tell us what really happened with you? If you have a personal story to tell, I hope you start a thread on it. Maybe there's something deeper going on here and you only choose to scratch the surface of it instead of digging deeper, especially since the root of all of these problems really have to do with people and not the religions themselves.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join