It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Navy Sailors On USS George Washington Found Dead In Less Than 1 Week

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2022 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

The operative word there is "YET".

posted on Apr, 22 2022 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Salander

Virus is 98.7 percent survivable, vax is 99.9999999999998 percent survivable.

The problem isn't dead seamen, its seamen who are too sick with flu to run a ship. If 5 percent of seamen were sick in bed for 3 to 5 days, it would be the equivalent of someone knocking a couple of carriers out of action. Which would harm Americans defences.

posted on Apr, 22 2022 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD
I read your link. I’m not at all surprised. Conditions on that ship are awful. I’m so glad I retired in 2008. I couldn’t imagine what it’s like being in any branch of the military now. The PTB on the George Washington need to get their heads out of their asses and do something. 10 suicides in a matter of months is completely unsat!

People are weak now. I look at people these days and wonder to myself what takes them 'til the age of 35 to start acting like they're fully grown. I look at all the damned bums in the city and wonder to myself, "What the Hell happened to teaching people self-responsibility?"

Suicides in the military are a phenomenon. They break out in a rash (and they can be preceded by an unexpected death in the unit too). Always have.

You and B-Man have a better understanding of the closed human circuitry of ship-life. But it happens everywhere in the military.

posted on Apr, 22 2022 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Pure propaganda AZ, your usual fare....

posted on Apr, 23 2022 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

I read your link. I’m not at all surprised. Conditions on that ship are awful. I’m so glad I retired in 2008. I couldn’t imagine what it’s like being in any branch of the military now. The PTB on the George Washington need to get their heads out of their asses and do something. 10 suicides in a matter of months is completely unsat!

People are weak now. I look at people these days and wonder to myself what takes them 'til the age of 35 to start acting like they're fully grown. I look at all the damned bums in the city and wonder to myself, "What the Hell happened to teaching people self-responsibility?"

Suicides in the military are a phenomenon. They break out in a rash (and they can be preceded by an unexpected death in the unit too). Always have.

You and B-Man have a better understanding of the closed human circuitry of ship-life. But it happens everywhere in the military.

I respect your opinion, but I’ll agree to disagree with you on this. What these Sailors are going through on the George Washington is horrible. I’ve been in contact with others actually on the ship,and it’s horrifying. The higher ups are ignoring this problem, hoping it goes away. That will not happen. 10 suicides on the same ship in 9 months are a sign that there needs to be a serious reckoning. It’s a #show.

posted on Apr, 23 2022 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

Considering they wrote a report blaming the pilots of two CH-53s that collided off Hawaii, for not having the moral courage to stand up and say they weren’t ready for such a complex mission, and totally ignored their higher authority not having the moral courage to do the same thing, a reckoning is the farthest thing that will happen.
edit on 4/23/2022 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2022 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I’ve been in contact with others actually on the ship, and it’s horrifying.

I know you know how to communicate effectively. When I see you generalize I wonder if it's safe to even ask.

Would hate to hear leadership is running amok and is tacitly accepting of these losses.

posted on Apr, 23 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

Pure ad hom from you, your usual fare. Gullible, or what?

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy Russell Smith visited Washington in the shipyard, and in answer to questions by sailors, told them the crap conditions they're going through in the yards (crap food, no hot water in living spaces, etc) could always be worse.

“What you’re not doing is sleeping in a foxhole like a Marine might be doing,” Smith told sailors, according to a partial transcript of his comments that was provided to Task & Purpose. “What you are doing is going home at night, most nights, unlike the [deployed aircraft carrier] Harry S Truman. So, when you’re here, some of it is that you have some more stability in that you’re here. The downside is some of the # that you have to go through logistically will drive you crazy.”

“One of my favorite moments from [aircraft carrier] Lincoln, in drydock, was watching Captain, retired Vice Admiral, Carr walking past me with a towel over his shoulder,” Smith said. “I was like ‘Sir, where are you going?’ He goes, ‘I’m trying to find a working shower, there was no hot water in my head [bathroom].’ And uh, no one is immune to it.”

“No one is telling a Marine that’s out in the field or a SEAL that’s on a boat on a river, ‘Hey, I’m going to get you that hot meal tonight,’” Smith said. “Sometimes, you’re going to have to live through and this is the circumstance in the community in which you serve and in which you live.”

taskandpurpose.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2022 @ 10:48 AM
link   

<< 3  4  5   >>

join