It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saving UKRAINE is NOT Worth a War Between the USA and RUSSIA.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Great way to get rid of old gen tech...

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Oppositeoftruth

I do not however think that we've even remotely been told the truth about anything.

This is a fact. And it isn't just Ukraine it is on just about everything. We are given 1% of the information and out of the 1% who knows how much is even true or real

Media and government did this to themselves. They have done nothing to earn back our trust

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

So, to use Val's analogy we run the Mother and child over?

Me, I go for a third option; we don't rely on AI and have a human safeguard to override.

How that translates in practical terms in this real life scenario I have no idea.

There's always a third option to code to head to the first non-flesh obstacle. Self-sacrifice. That's always an option.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Valhall

I am familiar with another example often posed when programming autonomous vehicles is proposed.

In this scenario, the brakes work fine, but speed and distance are insufficient to prevent a collision, and the vehicle must choose to hit either the baby in the pram (or less dramatically, an ordinary pedestrian), most certainly killing the victim; or veering into a concrete barrier, likely killing the vehicle's driver and any passengers.

This "problem" is often presented as an almost "unsolvable conundrum" for autonomous vehicle programmers, for some reason.

Yet, it seems that we, as drivers, have often faced such circumstances, and usually, make the same choice for outselves: We steer into the barrier, disregarding the risk to ourselves and try to save the innocent pedestrian.

It seems some would consider some pedestrians "not worth" trying to save.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

Yep. I feel like I'm watching the Hunger Games and Ukraine is little Rue. Even the news coverage and the talking heads remind me of Caesar Flickerman interviewing soon to be dead contestants. Makes me feel dirty. That's why I'm sticking to the internet and rarely looking at mainstream media. They are vicious cannibals.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The only people who should be shipped off to fight this war are the ones that helped facilitate it...

Hunter Biden especially!!

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
The only people who should be shipped off to fight this war are the ones that helped facilitate it...

Hunter Biden especially!!

Unless Hunter #ed an oligarch's daughter and filmed it; or stole drugs from Putin's nephew, this is a LONG LONG reach.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Its one hell of a predicament my friend.

I don't think much at all of any of our 'leaders' at present - I haven't for a long time - but I really don't envy them their job at present.
There are no easy answers....but as I said earlier burying one's head in the sand certainly isn't an answer.

I see lots of criticism - and that includes from myself - but no possible solutions.
Lots of finger pointing....but nothing constructive.

Partisan party politics doesn't help anything either.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Saving UKRAINE is NOT Worth a War Between the USA and RUSSIA.

Why do you love Putin?

Also...Zelenskyy is Churchill 2.0.

link   
a reply to: Valhall

Self-sacrifice?

So in this instance that would be for Ukraine to lay down its arms and give in?
I don't know.....but I do know that won't happen, and nor should it.

link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: Freeborn

How that translates in practical terms in this real life scenario I have no idea.

I am not too sure either Freeborn but couldn't have said it better

There has got to be another way that nobody has thought of yet. A third option. I don't claim to have the answer but I have faith that a good answer is out there

Third option is for Ukraine to declare itself a neutral country favoring neither NATO or Russia - alas it'll never be allowed to happen.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I'm speechless on how little I knew and what I start to learn about this whole Ukraine escalation, I really hope we stay out of this crisis where the mainstream media wants to put us in.

I'm trying to find more sides of the story and this article seems to give some insights of the other side of the coin.

How complicated this all is

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

No, that's not what I meant. But that's a discussion for another day.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 05:10 PM
link   
A history lesson on why countries go to war. It’s definitely not for the reasons you stated. The reasons you state are what is told to the public so we can get behind the war machine. If it was to defend democracy and blah blah blah, then those SOBs would be the first to lead the charge. But when was the last time any politician led the charge??? Never. They will send our sons and daughters to fight their “righteous “ wars as they and their families sit all cozy behind their titles and “righteous “ values. a reply to: Sookiechacha

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I suspect a lot of the 'in favor of getting involved militarily' crowd is thinking of drone and air strikes.

boots on the ground is a lot different.

I agree with OP. I feel bad for Ukraine but am not willing to sacrifice US lives for it.

NATO needs to get its act together.

if we had a real leader in the West he might tell Putin 'go ahead and take half of Ukraine but NO MORE'.

does this make me an appeaser?

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 05:14 PM
link   
If all of humanity is on the edge on extinction due to a alien invasion... that would be the only time a global nuclear war would be okay with me. nothing else.. because we would sacrifice everything.

That said, I think we are doing much already to help Ukraine the best we can. Russia is going to go bankrupt, but it takes time.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 05:14 PM
link   

That would mean NATO is a bigger enemy to the world than Putin is. It was easy siding with NATO against PUTIN before today.

Yup. Something to keep an eye on. Russia shoots down one of those planes or they shoot down a Russian plane, going to very interesting to see how it plays out.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I think the point is if this grows into a war between Russia and USA no form of democracy or any form of Government wii survive

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 05:25 PM
link   

".. Just choose Ukraine.."

Wouldn't the more sane option have been for diplomacy. Was it even asked if Putin would accept Zelensky and staff resigning allowing the Ukrainians a new Election? Probably not. I mean it's not like we live in a movie where relevant plot points just drop into our laps.

He couldn't trust the Ukrainians, He needs to be the President. No compromise would ever be able to be worked out, Even without trying everyone knows that. Shouldn't Americans actually be a little angry about him "begging" for us to start WW3 on his behalf. All he did was tell his people to fight to the death. Now he is telling us to do the same too.
edit on 6-3-2022 by MockusRubot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 10uoutlaw
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I think the point is if this grows into a war between Russia and USA no form of democracy or any form of Government wii survive

Sounds like we're all Putins's bitch then. I mean, why should he stop at Ukraine, or even Europe? Why shouldn't we just give him world dominance now and get it over with?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join