It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things to buy NOW

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Try running away w 1 suitcase and your kids.

Gold? You won't get far with it.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Man ... I could hardly get through an airport like that using the carousels as cheaters.

But ... gold buries. And screw everyone if I'm not around to dig it back up.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   

You are right, thats why a backpack is probably a better idea.
When you think about things you REALLY need, there really isn't much.

Things to think about. Have your most important documents in a binder ready to go. Make sure you have photos of them in case something happens.
Your most precious photos, again load somewhere on the cloud, send to friends, have copies. Not just during wars, but this has been a Godsend for people that have houses burnt down, or natural disasters.

Survival tools, knife, fire starter, something to collect water.

Think about your shoes. I mentioned this one before. Buy quality shoes/boots now. The quality of footwears is just horrible. It takes a while to order high end durable shoes, do it now before it goes up or because impossible.

Warm real clothes. Let me tell you, my hobby is textiles. The crap today is atrocious, mostly plastic. Get real fabric, silk, wool, cotton -----------------ALPACA!!! Trust me on alpaca, trust me. I cringed when I saw the price. I now know it's worth its weight in Gold!!!!

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Oh wow! I guess in some states carrying a gun wouldn't bea bad idea. You also mentioned we maybe targeted so we lose electricity and water, where did you get the info?? Lucky for us we have well water, so when we do lose electricity we still have cold water only.

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: starlahazelnut

Oh wow! I guess in some states carrying a gun wouldn't bea bad idea. You also mentioned we maybe targeted so we lose electricity and water, where did you get the info?? Lucky for us we have well water, so when we do lose electricity we still have cold water only.

Here is one site but i've been hearing it for quite a while. Aging infrastructure, terrorism, etc.
If you read up on it there are maps that will actually show the likelyhood of certain places being attacked and why.
If you are watching the conflict in Ukraine you'll see they are attacking utilities.

From what i've read cyber attacks to our grid is of concern.
energsustainsoc.biomedcentral.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Point taken, friend!

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: starlahazelnut

READY.GOV

has survival, disaster and medical lists for you and family.

1st Responder

posted on Feb, 27 2022 @ 07:01 PM
link   
As will your friends, neighbors , family , etc…..a reply to: mysterioustranger

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 02:37 PM
link   
If you are staying in your home, and you have a freezer:
start using your empty freezer space right now and freeze tap water in plastic bottles. If the electricity goes out, the food you can't eat will be lost, but the water will stay good for at least 6 months if you keep the bottles closed (and cleaned them out well before freezing) After melting, keep the bottles as cold as possible. This method was verified to me by a chemist/pharmacist. The water will probably be drinkable much longer then 6 months and in time of need it's better then nothing.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Man ... I could hardly get through an airport like that using the carousels as cheaters.

But ... gold buries. And screw everyone if I'm not around to dig it back up.

A cache of buried goods can be useful, a few even better. If you are hiding metals, be it gold, silver, brass and lead or iron, then bury it under some kind of metallic trash, like a stripped down car or a pile of empty food cans, or what have you. A pile of metal junk will confuse any metal detecting efforts and actually mark the place where your cache is.
edit on 7-3-2022 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 11:32 PM
link   
i'M too old for this #.

but going all out mad max would be fun.

couple big hunting dogs would be good.

and a horse.

edit on 7-3-2022 by sarahvital because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: starlahazelnut

Here is one site but i've been hearing it for quite a while. Aging infrastructure, terrorism, etc.
If you read up on it there are maps that will actually show the likelyhood of certain places being attacked and why.
If you are watching the conflict in Ukraine you'll see they are attacking utilities.

From what i've read cyber attacks to our grid is of concern.
energsustainsoc.biomedcentral.com...

Ill take your word for it for now, ill dig into it later ive got Beethoven playing right now to try and mellow out my brain.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 02:58 PM
link   
we bought propane and a few jerry cans of gas(40 gallons worth)

i have ammo for all my weapons from side arms to shotguns and rifles.

i just got a new passport, i wonder if i could put that to good use.

I'm not Ukrainian by blood or family or anything but if i can get myself there i would

i have US military training and US contractor training and was a PJ in the field for almost 4 years(not including training time).

I'm a really really good shot and I'm a better medic.

if i could get there safely and not worry about getting blown out of the air by a SAM i would go. i think if you get to another surrounding country they are turning Americans away.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I'm surrounded by Mennonites, one guy plows every driveway on the whole street, no charge.
I'm mostly prepared, I think if we work together we can take up each other's slack & be reasonably OK.
At least until such time as it gets untenable and I have to bug out.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join