It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil Debate Please - Why do you refuse to wear a mask?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

So can you refute the argument or not?

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: AverageWang

I'd say 99% of the population doesn't know how to wear a mask properly.

They become petri dishes for respiratory bacteria and viruses over time.

99% of the population have not been fit tested, thus negating the efficacy of masks.

People wearing masks are often touching their faces before and after donning masks, negating the efficacy of masks.

Masks are a symbol of obedience and virtue signaling.

You avoid the question.

Wearing a mask (even if not perfectly) is better than no mask at all.

No I didn't.

You can't quantify that scientifically.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Because I don't comply with the psyop.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Mostly because they are an easy way to show compliance.

F compliance.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I don't wear a mask because it's very uncommon here, I have natural immunity, and I rely on reading lips to understand people. If someone requests that I wear I mask, I put one on, no problem. I believe wearing a mask is more unhealthy than being exposed to fresh oxygen. To each their own though. If you want to wear a mask, cool. If you own an establishment, I'll abide by your rules. If you walk up to me in public throwing your weight around, bite me.

I see it as many in this thread do, it's control. Blatant control, at that. Nobody making these rules follow these rules, and I certainly don't follow those people. It's like chicken pox, get the damn thing and move on. Tear off the bandage (mask). Just my opinion. I'm a dolt in the end.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 03:28 PM
link   

" Why do you refuse to wear a mask? "

Because I prefer to Breath Fresh Air and at the Same time Present my Beautiful Face to the World to see .

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I really cannot negatively comment about someone using a mask, it is actually smart to wear a mask in a crowded place, people are always spreading germs about, I can't even count the times I got sick from others. I often wear a mask in stores if it is crowded and expecially if I have a cold or have a nose that is dripping or throwing junk down my throat, I feel intimidated when I cough on someone. I am not into eat in restaurants much these days, I often suck down crumbs into my windpipe when I eat or I get water or pop down my windpipe when sucking sodas or water through a straw, that rarely happens when I have a cup of coffee. I hate freaking people out with a cough or sneeze.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

" Why do you refuse to wear a mask? "

Because I prefer to Breath Fresh Air and at the Same time Present my Beautiful Face to the World to see .
There is no fresh air in a tavern and the only way someone is going to think your face is beautiful is if they are too drunk to stand up.

I had to say that, that is what I would say to my friend in a bar if they said something like that.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Ummm…except for those that are smart enough to use an ultraviolet wand on their mask periodically throughout the day…kill those little buggers your exhaling into the filter media…and those little buggers being sucked into the weave from all those diseased…human beings…you come in contact with…

YouSir

It is not that simple, or that easy. Best to just but on a new one.

In order for UV light disinfection to be effective, however, several critical factors must be controlled. First, the rays need to be at the correct wavelengths for the target virus. While this usually depends on the specific organism, anywhere between 200-300 nm is “considered germicidal” with peak effectiveness at 260 nm, says Malley. They also need to be at the proper dose — UV intensity multiplied by the amount of contact time, he explains. “The proper UV dose typically needed is very broad, ranging between 2 and 200 mJ/cm2 depending upon the specific conditions, the objects being disinfected, and the desired level of disinfection.” It’s also essential that the area is free of anything that could interfere with the UVC light getting to the target, says Malley. “We refer to UV disinfection as a line-of-sight technology, so if anything blocks the UV light including dirt, stains, anything casting shadows then those ‘shaded or protected’ areas will not be disinfected.” If that sounds a bit complex, that’s because it is: “UV disinfection is not simple; it’s not one size fits all,” emphasizes Malley. And that’s just one reason why experts and research are still unsure exactly how effective, if at all, it can be against the coronavirus. (See also: How to Keep Your Home Clean and Healthy If You’re Self-Quarantined Because of Coronavirus)

www.bli.uci.edu...

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   
They don't work and they are annoying.

asymptomatic spreading was proven to be a lie.

AND IM NOT SICK!

haven't been in a very long time.

I usually assume the people wearing masks are either physically sick or mentally sick.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I am very anti-authoritian. But, I would wear one if I thought it really helped, but it doesn’t. Even if national classes were given, people would still touch their nose or mouth and then touch stuff.

I have been around so many infected people as a fireman without a mask, never wear one unless forced, and either had covid and didn’t know it, or still haven’t caught it. My daughter had it last week, she was down for 1 whole day feeling achy like a cold, and then over it. Why do this to society?

After this bs first happened we were in Austin Tx, a liberal turd hole, for Track state championships, and our Uber driver showed up. The app said we must wear a mask, and our guy showed up and was completely DEAF and relied totally on reading lips!

Where does this all consuming fear come from is what I want to know. In my area the only people I see wearing mask everywhere are black people. I wonder all the time if it’s a cultural thing or if it’s because they listen to extreme leftist media and buy every word of the fear.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Because they are pointless and provide no protection against anything.
Mask worn by medical professionals are specific types of masks fitted and handled in a certain way. Impossible for everyday people to do this in everyday life.

edit on 2021 by shaemac because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AverageWang
I'm going to be completely civil no-matter how much hate I get.. but I've been wearing a mask in indoor public spaces (UK) since the pandemic began. When it was mandated, when it wasn't mandated, it didn't matter to me, it just seemed like a very easy thing to do.

I own a mask, it's free to wear, and there is evidence that wearing a mask can limit transmission of particles expelled from your nose and mouth, that is why they are used in healthcare all the time, pandemic or not.

I have absolutely no issues whatsoever with people who decide not to take the vaccine, it's a medical procedure, and it's not my place to judge those that decide they do not want a medical procedure, for the people that aren't vaccinated - I respect your decision.

But I'm slightly different on the mask situation. We know at the very very least that they are not harmful to use, and regardless of what you believe the benefits of them are, if you know they aren't harmful, why don't you wear one in public places?

Please don't be salty towards me, this is a genuine question and I'm not looking to exchange insults.

Love you and Happy New Year.

Also, if a mask actually worked, then you wearing a mask would be enough. Nobody else would need to wear one to protect you. Simple as that.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   

1. its a symbol for slavery.
2. they are nasty and ugly.
3. they are trying to force me to use it.
4. peer pressure from other hominids.
5. feel like i cant breathe wearing them.
6. because everyone else is wearing them.

Many mask deals that countries made in europe are connected to organised crime, so do not want to support that.

Happy new year!

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I really cannot negatively comment about someone using a mask, it is actually smart to wear a mask in a crowded place, people are always spreading germs about, I can't even count the times I got sick from others. I often wear a mask in stores if it is crowded and expecially if I have a cold or have a nose that is dripping or throwing junk down my throat, I feel intimidated when I cough on someone. I am not into eat in restaurants much these days, I often suck down crumbs into my windpipe when I eat or I get water or pop down my windpipe when sucking sodas or water through a straw, that rarely happens when I have a cup of coffee. I hate freaking people out with a cough or sneeze.

Went to a restaurant a couple months ago, inhaled some couscous while chomping my salad, panicked and ran to the restroom and in to a stall, there i coughed as loudly as one can imagine, i heard another person quickly pulling his pants up and running away from the restroom, got the sucker out of my lungs and proceeded to laugh hysterically about the situation.
Poor dude must have been thinking that i am dying from covid or turning in to a zombie.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth
Where does this all consuming fear come from is what I want to know. In my area the only people I see wearing mask everywhere are black people. I wonder all the time if it’s a cultural thing or if it’s because they listen to extreme leftist media and buy every word of the fear.

I hope this is not misunderstood, because I come from a family that includes just about every group on this planet, and I love every single one of them.

I noticed in my church that there are still a few people that wear masks, the majority don't, including the majority of the Black parishioners. But I also noticed that out of the few that do wear masks, that the majority of them are Black and East Indians.

I wondered about that too, because I know that it is not a cultural thing. Too many of our locals don't wear masks. So I am guessing it is because of heath reasons or family reasons. I know for a fact that some have elderly family members living with them that have serious health issues. I believe it is due to the fear of bringing home something that might make their loved one sick.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

It might because blacks are one of the groups least likely to get vaccinated, so they wear a mask as the next best thing. And given their history with the US government offering them free "health" care, I don't blame them for being suspicious. I was less suspicious until the government started doing everything to attempt to force people to get the shots.

If the disease was far more deadly or the shots far more effective or both, I'd be less suspicious of it, but as it is, they have a disease that barely kills anyone except people in certain groups and they're trying to universally force a vaccine and boosters that are increasingly less effective at what they're supposed to do.

It makes no sense.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Happy New Year to you, as well!!

I am mildly claustrophobic, so I wear the damned things as little as possible, while at work, to avoid a meltdown. I don't wear them any where else.

Not to mention the things are not quite as useful as some would have you believe.

We'll ignore my instant "Hell NO!" response to being told to do something I know is a less than useful "something"...it's a childhood thing that I've never quite out grown, and at this stage of life, it's not likely to happen.

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

What's that? You're supposed to cover your nose, too??

Who knew??

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Why do you fear people and life choices.They have medicine for that.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join