It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schools across nation close due to Tik Tok & Threats

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Our schools closed for Christmas vacation. No mention of tik tok terror threats in the daily communications from the school district.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Parents are to blame 100%! How about using parental controls? Oh yea parents are too damn lazy anymore, they want to be their kids BFF not parent.

TikTok is TOXIC AF! I can't stand that site nor the others like it. It is used by brain dead people and nothing good ever comes from it, just lots of toxic 'challenges'

OH yea I blame TikTok 100%

Maybe if kids worried about doing their school work and being useful members of society TikTok would disappear but nooooo the mindless use that site. I will never use it and I will NEVER say anything good about it. It breeds narcissism and look at me culture. I will PASS.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
When was that?

Couple of months ago.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I don't use it, and my kids are now in their 40's, but why don't they get rid of Tik Tok?

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I’m of the opinion that TikTok is just as guilty for all of this stupidity as gun are with killing people. It’s not TikTok, it’s the user behind it. The reality is if TikTok were to get cancelled, another will pop right up. Until something drastic changes, this is how it will be going forward. I miss the ‘80’s. I’ll trade you the entire internet for some Duran Duran.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColtKC
I’m of the opinion that TikTok is just as guilty for all of this stupidity as gun are with killing people. It’s not TikTok, it’s the user behind it. The reality is if TikTok were to get cancelled, another will pop right up. Until something drastic changes, this is how it will be going forward. I miss the ‘80’s. I’ll trade you the entire internet for some Duran Duran.

100%

It doesn’t matter if they get rid of it, it would be replaced so quickly.
Your comparison to guns is spot on.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
When was that?

Couple of months ago.

Teachers are looking weak these days. When I went to school we had actual fear of our teachers.
They all drank and smoked in the teachers lounge and were one screw away from actually murdering a kid and we all knew it.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Our school system issued a statement about this "challenge" yesterday.

A few families we know kept their children home, due to rumors of threats against schools.

I am sort of scratching my head at this point, because this has to be about the 3rd TikTok "challenge" that has related to promoting unacceptable and downright dangerous behavior in school-aged children.

IMO this should be a much bigger story, considering the context of where TikTok originated from. Zuckerberg was dragged in front of congress for privacy concerns on his social network, and this is getting to the point where it is a safety concern, so....kind of wondering when TikTok will have their day in front of congress.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Multiple kids across DFW arrested and some charged with felonies for being stupid

At least 12 students from several ISDs across North Texas have been arrested for making terroristic threats towards their schools. Some as young as middle school aged are now facing felonies after the social media challenge has swept across the country.

Several north Texas high schoolers arrested

posted on Dec, 20 2021 @ 05:16 AM
link   
We need to put more money and resources in finding who is threatening our schools then we are putting into flying illegal aliens around the country.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join