It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schools across nation close due to Tik Tok & Threats

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   
They actually closed a school in Woodland Park,CO because of this:

www.koaa.com...

WOODLAND PARK — The Woodland Park School District is canceling classes on Friday due to a "Tik Tok" video that is promoting school violence.

The "TikTok" challenge encouraged students to bring weapons to school on Dec. 17, 2021. The "Tik Tok" challenge did not specify the school district or any specific school.

I remember back in the 80's when I was in Highschool we tried to call in a bomb threat to get out of school one day and when we called the office they just laughed at us and hung up the phone.
Also in our woodworking class if anyone was about to get into a fight the teacher actually would take you to the football coaches office and they would put boxing gloves on you instead of telling the principal or getting detention.

edit on 17-12-2021 by ColoradoTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: JAGStorm

Why can't these assholes ever do a "Straight A" challenge?

Nothing to add, just wanted it seen again!

link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid
Oh the stress about getting to the bus station ten minutes earlier

We had Judo contests on school fests, the whole school would watch how *gasp* two different genders would compete against each other at times. That tunnel vision when you study the opponent and planing an attack while half of the gym screams your and the opponents name.

I lost to another girl one head taller and like twice my mass. You didn't cry you accepted that you could not overcome the physical constraints with technique and seeked to train with the other one more. Instead of blaming rules, differences and unfairness, it was mostly seen as a challenge to get better, faster and more precise.

Never won any fight against that girl but hey I wasn't the only one struggling. The challenge made us better in so many ways. Want to go to national sports competition then earn it. Participation trophys were introduced back then but our sports teacher would not hand them out.

And if I got one I would have been ashamed.

link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Isn't it about time for mid-terms at CC?

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 12:27 PM
link   
We got a text yesterday morning about it. School's here are open but most kids aren't at school today.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   

For the last 2 months Central Catholic Highschool here, has received 3 bomb threats. but not clear if it was sent by phone,text,e-mail or letter.

I think we can all collectively agree,
Cathloic students..............................
are the worst!!!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Our local schools have also closed because of this. I'm glad that my kids are adults and finished with school. Classrooms do not seem like a safe place for kids these days. This, along with the covid closings, have got to be giving the kids major anxiety.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

have got to be giving the kids major anxiety.

Two professions that will have unlimited income potential in the future

-Mental health careers
-anything with neck/back help

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Never liked Central Catholic. Had to play them in Baseball and Basketball. Must be nice to be able to draft students for your team.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

Isn't it about time for mid-terms at CC?

Lol... yes I suppose.😁

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I was just talking to my Niece. Her daughter didn't go today because of this. She's in Beaver County. How many of these dumbass kids added their school to the list just to get a day off? We used to have a bomb threat for Finals every year.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Haven't heard about beaver. Usually folks out that way pretty much want left alone and can't be bothered by this crap.

Lol... remember the good old days when we had pay phones with rotary dial inside the school? Now the kids use VPN to text it in.

At Shaler we got the paddle... I was a good kid though.

My friends however...

edit on 17-12-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I received an email from our Elementary school where I have two attending regarding this. My daughter was standing near me when I read and I had her read it, too.

She swears she hasn't seen anything like that.

Hrmm, are they TRYING to scare us?

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Yes, I am tired of seeing it everywhere. Where I used to live at least once a month, some stupid teen would say he was going to bring a gun. It never happened, kid got the cops called on h and a detention. Was it worth it, I would say not. My daughter went to school and she us home now, early release day. No issues. I think Tik Tok should be banned but that's just me.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I got the email from out school district. Some kid didn't want to go to school so he made that up. Even still the schools are on alert and nothing happened.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Tik Tok sucks. I guess some kids died and many got ill from the Nutmeg challenge. That challenge was more dangerous than the cinnamon challenge that my granddaughter got sick from...she missed two days of school from eating a tablespoon of cinnamon.

The ice water challenge also hurt lots of people, some older people had heart conditions happen imediately after, and some kids and even adults dropped heavy buckets on others heads causing neck injuries. Doctors love the stupid things people do like that. It is good for business when people are idiots.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Not crazy about TikTok but the reality is it is no different than Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or even this very site.

Yes different age groups use different sites. The second they take TikTok away something will replace it.

It is more of a problem of society as a whole. We took away shame in every form. Everyone from children to adult can behave badly. Only sometimes they are caught and cancelled. We don’t know wrong from right anymore, the lines are so blurred.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   

LOL, eating nutmeg and cinnamon.

My friends and I did stuff when we were kids where I'm still concerned about whether or not the statute of limitations have run out on us yet.

edit on 17-12-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Help me....I'm clotting up at altitude!

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

LOL, eating nutmeg and cinnamon.

My friends and I did stuff when we were kids where I'm still concerned about whether or not the statute of limitations have run out on us yet.

I’m convinced my Generation (Gen X) is the only one that knows how to keep secrets.
The stuff we did….

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I’m convinced my Generation (Gen X) is the only one that knows how to keep secrets.
The stuff we did….

It was how you determined if you could trust someone or not, even my wife doesn't know all of the stories.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join