It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schools across nation close due to Tik Tok & Threats

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: rickymouse

LOL, eating nutmeg and cinnamon.

My friends and I did stuff when we were kids where I'm still concerned about whether or not the statute of limitations have run out on us yet.

Cinnamon used to be considered a potent medicine, same with Nutmeg. Too much cinnamon can kill a person and Nutmeg is even more dangerous. Cinnamon is converted to benzoic acid in the metabolism and can have dire effects to the body if overconsumed in a short time plus some types contain a lot of coumerin in them. Nutmeg is psychotropic and some people can die from eating even a teaspoon of it. These are not harmless spices if over eaten. Another dangerous spice that can seriously injure or kill people is Cream of Tartar. High potassium can lead to a heart attack from consuming too much Cream of Tartar or even eating a lot of cookies rich in cream of Tartar plus baking powder which contains potassium too.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Let me know when there's an 'Anarchist's Cookbook Challenge' on the TikTok. Hopefully they blow some good stuff up; mailboxes, tool sheds, cars, their neighbor's above ground swimming pool.

edit on 17-12-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Help me....I'm clotting up at altitude!

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

My wife is an elementary school teacher and a bunch of her co-workers "called in sick" because they were afraid of the "Tik Tok Challenge"/threats.

This is in a small little town in Vermont with kids up to grade 4, not the place you would expect kids to bring weapons to school. It got so many of her co-workers freaked out and I said "that's exactly the point" (even though law enforcement said they was no credible threat they identified from investigating).

Tik Tok has also been of National Security concerns due to its servers being in China (as I understand it? I could be wrong).

Tik Tok is a plight on society IMO

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Let me know when there's an 'Anarchist's Cookbook Challenge' on the TikTok. Hopefully they blow some good stuff up; mailboxes, tool sheds, cars, their neighbor's above ground swimming pool.

I wonder if you could blow up someone's swimming pool with subsonic pulsing sound? You would need a powerful speaker for that, and some sort of long tube to put it into to aim it. Look how a subwoofer rattles a car and shakes the liquid in a bottle of soda. Hmmm. Now I may have an experiment to do. You can not even hear the frequencies that I am talking about but you can feel them in your bones.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I kept my kids home because in today's society it only takes 1 to try and earn that rep. Stupid #ing #, Tic Toc is garbage.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I wonder if you could blow up someone's swimming pool with subsonic pulsing sound?

Someone must have done that to my neighbors ears. He talks at screaming mode at all time.
I can hear him scream at his wife from inside my house. I have good windows and insulation.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I wonder if you could blow up someone's swimming pool with subsonic pulsing sound?

Homemade plastique works better.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Cinnamon used to be considered a potent medicine,

Real cinnamon is medicinal, most of the stuff around is the fake stuff.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I always found The Poor Mans James Bond was alot more fun.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoTemplar

Oooooo, new reading material.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

My wife is an elementary school teacher and a bunch of her co-workers "called in sick" because they were afraid of the "Tik Tok Challenge"/threats.

This is in a small little town in Vermont with kids up to grade 4, not the place you would expect kids to bring weapons to school. It got so many of her co-workers freaked out and I said "that's exactly the point" (even though law enforcement said they was no credible threat they identified from investigating).

Tik Tok has also been of National Security concerns due to its servers being in China (as I understand it? I could be wrong).

Tik Tok is a plight on society IMO

Me and my wife were talking the other day........I thought that all schools now have a metal detector at the doors and a cop on duty is that not the case?

edit on 17-12-2021 by ColoradoTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   

a reply to: ColoradoTemplar

Oooooo, new reading material.

You can probably find a free pdf version this is what google has to say:

Intended originally for the political Right, The Poor Mans James Bond is now geared for use by the Civil Authorities. It embodies all the practical paramilitary knowledge collected and studied by dissident groups through-out America.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 04:24 PM
link   

What happened to the gold old days when it was just the 'Punch a Teacher Challenge'?

When was that? I was in high school in the early 70s and the worst thing I remember happening was kids smoking pot and skipping classes.

edit on 12-17-2021 by LogicalGraphitti because: spelling

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Someone must have done that to my neighbors ears. He talks at screaming mode at all time.
I can hear him scream at his wife from inside my house. I have good windows and insulation.

sorry, i'll try to be more careful.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 07:44 PM
link   
pavlov

Tiktok is platform to train the behavior the masses.
be submissive, behavior conduct response, with video and music.

raaam

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 08:15 PM
link   
My kid's school sent a parent email about it, but didn't close.

Did kids in the 90's, or China perhaps, organize a nation-wide school shooting/bombing "joke?"

The phone example therefore is a false equivalency.

However, if the internet and these apps were as they are today, in the 90's, perhaps we would have had many of the same issues we are seeing.

originally posted by: JAGStorm
www.usatoday.com...

School districts across the country issued warnings, increased security and canceled classes Friday in response to vague, anonymous shooting and bomb threats that officials say were made on TikTok but are not considered credible.

Numerous schools in my own area have closed due to threats. Some say there were hit lists on bathroom walls. Others say threats were made.
Some say it's just an internet prank.
It is happening all over the country, why isn't this being talked about more?

Some blame TikTok, but did we blame phones in the 90's when threats were made?

edit on 17-12-2021 by Madviking because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 08:18 PM
link   
My understanding is it is also toxic algorithms, as in worse than those on FB and other such platforms.

originally posted by: ColeYounger
Most people are unaware that the Chinese "Tik Tok", loosely transalated, means:
"Destroying Western society through short-form user videos with durations between 15 seconds and 3 minutes, from genres like pranks, stunts, tricks, jokes, dance, and entertainment."

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: butcherguy

For the last 2 months Central Catholic Highschool here, has received 3 bomb threats. but not clear if it was sent by phone,text,e-mail or letter.

Parchment and a wax seal

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Start reading a thread about school threats and learn that nutmeg and cinnamon are dangerous. Funny how I learn things. I had no idea about those two seemingly harmless ingredients.

posted on Dec, 17 2021 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
Start reading a thread about school threats and learn that nutmeg and cinnamon are dangerous. Funny how I learn things. I had no idea about those two seemingly harmless ingredients.

They can be very very beneficial in proper quantities.

Garlic and onions are also seen as medicine to some.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join