It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did we start wishing death on our neighbors?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Habs2133

I don't believe in pro or anti vax I believe in personla choice but unfortunately it would appear that people in positions of power and influence see to prefer mandates and passports and all kinds of nonsense in order to push the vaxx agenda.

I've always believed it has more to do with the vaccine passports than the vaccine itself. It'll be interesting to see how they react when nearly everyone has natural immunity from omicron. Cornell University shut down a 97% vaxxed campus because omicron swept through. I thought that was ridiculous. We have to start learning to live with sars2. It's not going anywhere, and we are lucky that it's turned into something as mild as omicron.

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Somewhere around the day that Obama became a contender in the Democratic primaries.

That was when the current divisions in society broke to the surface. I've seen some dirty and divisive political campaigns in my time, but that election really took the cake.

It's was the Swift Boat veterans time 100.

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Been hearing that since Clinton, and I'm talkin' 'bout Bill.

Revolution, civil war, uncivil war, been there, heard that. Nothing ever really came of it.

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Even longer than that.

Just after the American Revolution it started.

Only once has it actually happened, thankfully...as we're still dealing with the repercussions of our last excursion into national madness.

I've not had any bad encounters with mask-idiots lately, as most in my area of the world no longer wear 'em. A lot of older folk do--maybe 50%--by older I mean 70 plus. A few parents with their kids go about masked.

My opinion remains the same as it has all along. You do you, I'll do me, and we'll all be happier with our lives.

All I ask is to be left alone.

I've heard most of the things being said here, people want me fired because I refuse the "vaccine". People who want to deny me medical should I need it, for the same reason... Meh.

If people can't see the sheer stupidity of that, that's their problem. I shall continue my attempts to ignore them.

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
If one thing Covid has opened my eyes up to is how much people wish death on others. It is sad, it is shocking (at least for me)

It’s both side.

I see almost daily some form of the vaccinated saying the unvaccinated should die, they shouldn’t be treated if sick, they should be outcast from society. They are saying good luck if you get Covid in a very sassy way as if they are wishing death only to say I told you so.

Then I see the unvaccinated saying that the vaccinated will die from the jab by heart attack, cancer, or just sudden death at either 6 months, 2 years, and I even heard 20 years, lol. Every manner of sickness is being blamed on the jab.

Ummm...

There is a huge difference between wishing someone/group dead for their refusal to take the jab, and simply stating that you believe that someone/group will die due to having taken the jab, due to what is in it.

I haven't heard even one unjabbed person say anything even remotely as vile as wishing the jabbed to die.

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

I picked it up too but knowing Jags posting history a bit, maybe she just didn't clarify on the difference like you did just now, but left it open for interpretation.

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   

If one thing Covid has opened my eyes up to is how much people wish death on others. It is sad, it is shocking (at least for me)

It’s both side.

I see almost daily some form of the vaccinated saying the unvaccinated should die, they shouldn’t be treated if sick, they should be outcast from society. They are saying good luck if you get Covid in a very sassy way as if they are wishing death only to say I told you so.

Then I see the unvaccinated saying that the vaccinated will die from the jab by heart attack, cancer, or just sudden death at either 6 months, 2 years, and I even heard 20 years, lol. Every manner of sickness is being blamed on the jab.

Not me, I want my family, my friends, my neighbors to all live. I don’t care if they are vaxed or not. I actually don’t even want to talk about it. If they ask me, it’s none of their business. I am very passionate about some of the topics surrounding Covid and the vaccine, but death? When did we become like this?

The easiest way to tear a nation apart is to divide and conquer, who in a million years would have known it would have been because of vaccination status?

What crapshow are you watching/reading to see these things?

None of my coworkers or friends talk about it or say anything like that. I don't even see it on youtube. Don't have FB though or twitter. They are silly.

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Make a wish foundatoin... Bless their little hearts. a reply to: IAMTAT

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   
"When did we start wishing death on our neighbors?"

When people found out that they could say anything on the internet and not beheld accountable.

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 03:21 PM
link   
when?

it was the first real story in the bible. Cain and Able.
10 commandments are full of prohibitions about doing wrong to your neighbor

it is very old news

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Neighbors? Hell, in my own household. My stepfather has said on many occasions that if I drop dead from covid that its my own damn fault for being stupid, and that I deserve it. Granted, he is also a drunk , a misogynist, and a bigot, so..

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain

I picked it up too but knowing Jags posting history a bit, maybe she just didn't clarify on the difference like you did just now, but left it open for interpretation.

I got the vibe at times, a select few people were rubbing their hands together with the "you gonna die of the jab" like they couldn't wait to be right, and then they just started moving goalposts. And have heard simular, and far worse from the other end too.

So far for me, still friends with everyone I was before, some very pro vax, some against, makes no difference to me. I do have 2 friends who have not set foot in my house for almost 2 years..that does irritate me, my housemate being unvaxxed is probably why. Family..meh..lol, me and my brother are on the same page, but mom and husband believe every damn word the media tells them..and there is no changing their minds.

I do sometimes try to tell people that things are not as they appear, and what the media is doing, and the fear mongering. But really, unless the person want to hear it, they wont.

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I have to admit that i have always wanted to live in a zombie apocalypse type scenario, or that funny tv show, last man on earth,

This is mainly because even when i was a kid, i could sense that most adults are so broken, they almost seem like npc characters, broken records.. Their thoughts are not really their thoughts.

Over the years, i have come up lots of theories, but one thing is always the same in them, at some point in our history, something went wrong, so instead of being another species, existing on this planet, we are became a perversion of nature, and because we have worked so hard for thousands of years to separate from nature, nature can no longer help us, or destroy us. In the end we will destroy ourselves because deep down we all know how warped we are.

We really need to give another species a chance, you see the point of evolution is not to conquer planets and stars and have smartphones or electric cars, the point is to live in perfect sync with our surroundings.

We have no place here.

So yeah, i hope we all die.

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

The vaccination status of someone has nothing to do with my feelings or friendship towards them. Contrary to that, if I get shamed for getting my 1st shot because it's mandated and I want to provide a life for my child outside the home... then that's huge evidence to back away from such persons. Not because I feel grudged but I would have thought a friendship is more than agreement on a political idea.

I got the vibe at times, a select few people were rubbing their hands together with the "you gonna die of the jab" like they couldn't wait to be right

I never got that vibe and I do not get it when I read "you gonna die from the COVID". It's procastination but does not read like a wish. Remember, everything else we interpret is just because of what we think we know about the person. Our personal bias is feeding into it, at these moments. S

Like I know we both have different political viewpoints, but that does not stop us from having this respectful conversation about our opinions. I saw you doing it, so I am inclined to think this is one too. See what I did here but in a positive way? How else can we grow in life if we all ever agree on everything?

But going back to the "I hope you die" comments, it's not a secret here that I am against the vaccine mandates. Saw it coming last year. So indeed color me biased, I can self reflect enough to see this probability, but I've read more spiteful comments from pro vaccine about how we're all backwards, dumb, gullible, afraid and generally anti-vax than from the other side.

And statistics support my claim because evidently looking at the numbers, I belong to a minority, just statistically speaking there is a very high probability that there have been more insults from supporters of this all.

Not that it would matter, wishing someone death or being excited about the prospect of someone dying is wrong wrong wrong in any kind of sense. No matter the side, I think we both agree.

"

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 04:44 PM
link   

It’s both side.

Not me, I want my family, my friends, my neighbors to all live. I don’t care if they are vaxed or not. I actually don’t even want to talk about it. If they ask me, it’s none of their business. I am very passionate about some of the topics surrounding Covid and the vaccine, but death? When did we become like this?

The easiest way to tear a nation apart is to divide and conquer, who in a million years would have known it would have been because of vaccination status?

It's one thing to say I'm s snarky and negative way, "Good luck if you get sick ..." when they clearly mean that they hope you get sick and die. Hell, many of them have said exactly that in plain words.

It's another to simply state s fact: they there are serious risks inherent in the jab.

It's like the difference between one person saying, "I hope your house burns down," and another saying, "Those two exposed wires could easily cause a short and burn your house down."

The first is a cruel and ugly thing to say and reveals a sick heart. The second, no human being with a conscience could not say.

There may be a few among the smart folk who refuse to be guinea pigs that would wish evil on others, but most of us are simply speaking the truth.

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Please post a link to the Make A Wish Foundation story. My bovine-waste senses are tingling

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

The vaccination status of someone has nothing to do with my feelings or friendship towards them. Contrary to that, if I get shamed for getting my 1st shot because it's mandated and I want to provide a life for my child outside the home... then that's huge evidence to back away from such persons. Not because I feel grudged but I would have thought a friendship is more than agreement on a political idea.

Thats the way it should be. I hope I didn't imply otherwise. No one has shamed me, nor I anyone else, my friends, we disagree about things and have a laugh after..never a grudge or hard feelings.

I never got that vibe and I do not get it when I read "you gonna die from the COVID". It's procastination but does not read like a wish. Remember, everything else we interpret is just because of what we think we know about the person. Our personal bias is feeding into it, at these moments.

That's probably more true than not, bias, or experience with a poster could make one misinterpret.

Like I know we both have different political viewpoints, but that does not stop us from having this respectful conversation about our opinions. I saw you doing it, so I am inclined to think this is one too. See what I did here but in a positive way? How else can we grow in life if we all ever agree on everything?

Absolutely, echo chambers are not progress in any way, sometimes our views need challenging/discussing. I like to hear other viewpoints, some people are more amicable to discuss/debate, some less so, and that ok too.

But going back to the "I hope you die" comments, it's not a secret here that I am against the vaccine mandates. Saw it coming last year. So indeed color me biased, I can self reflect enough to see this probability.

I am very much opposed to mandates as well, my bad for not sooner entertaining they were coming.

I've read more spiteful comments from pro vaccine about how we're all backwards, dumb, gullible, afraid and generally anti-vax than from the other side.

I might disagree here, I have read a lot of the dumb, gullible, sheep, afraid, stuff against those who got vaxxed, it has toned down a bit lately though, some posters are just not here anymore. I think 50/50 on it, to be fair though, I'm not spending much time on Covid these days.

Not that it would matter, wishing someone death or being excited about the prospect of someone dying is wrong wrong wrong in any kind of sense. No matter the side, I think we both agree.

100% agreement!

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 06:33 PM
link   

People have always secretly wished death upon others.

Now many have an excuse.

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Long before Covid, some Americans were wishing death upon U.S. President Trump and supporters.

Two psychopaths don't make a patriot. Or do they?

posted on Dec, 16 2021 @ 09:10 PM
link   

No? It's pretty damn uncomfortable to practically have condolences tossed your way when you admit you're vaxxed amid all the vaxxed will die here, vaxxed will be zombies there, vaxx is all for mind control this, vaxxed will get cancer over that ...

No one might be openly saying they wish you'll die, but it's pretty obvious this is the tactic they take to feel smug about resisting the shot.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join