It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex had vaccine....just tested positive for covid today.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

I was talking about the "luck" of living where I do but that is a possibility. It is also possible to become infected after vaccination (full or partial) but it seems that the chances of that are reduced from being unvaccinated.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: BrujaRebooted

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: carewemust

Like I said, I was listening in to the table convo of a guy who works in a hospital, and he was talking candidly with a friend. He flat out said that the vaccination won't keep you from getting it. He said he'd had the vax and gotten it. What he did say is that in his experience, he hadn't seen anyone in ICU who had gotten the shot yet.

So I'm not sure exactly what they're so big on pushing the shot for everyone for. OK. It can keep you out of the ICU, but is that benefit enough to put a gun to everyone's head who doesn't yet have the shot?

If our medical infrastructure is overrun by seriously ill people with covid, many others are left wanting and may die of non-covid due to lack of resources, caregivers and ICU beds. This has always been the goal.

This is the excuse that pisses me off, because it's disingenuous. Not you, but the hell-or-high-water social adherence to it.

The ACTUAL problem isn't the patient counts, it's the rate of quits going on in the medical care sector.

We're not overwhelmed with sick people, we're many years into being under water with chronic severely short-staffed medical facilities.

We cannot blame patients for that one. Because they didn't cause it. Piss-poor pay, hours and treatment of staff is what caused that, and people STILL refuse to hear them.

Totally agree, and as I said, solution is beef up the medical infrastructure, which absolutely includes training more caregivers. Boomers and ACA have increased need, with some attention to training more doctors and nurses in my community, but that varies widely.

Its never too late to try to address the need, but much could have been done over the last 2 years of covid if we had focused on treating the sick with a moon mission sized effort, if need be, and let the 98% fight it off. No lockdowns of the healthy, quarantine the sick and contact tracing.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Another update. She has now been admitted to the ER at Emory.

She's in a good place. Is she having trouble breathing?

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: anonentity

Your lucky

Educated luck, perhaps.

Like this guys luck

He was vaccinated in March.

Come April

A drive-by parade outside of Methodist Mansfield Medical Center last April was supposed to be Corey Ripe's happy ending. The 47-year-old was headed home after a week on a ventilator battling COVID-19.

Doctors told his fiancé, Jena Parris, he had a 50-50 chance at survival.

Flash forward to this past Saturday, and Parris was hit with a wave of déjà vu when she came home to find Ripe struggling to breathe.

“I was numb a couple of days. I thought there is no way that this is happening a third time, there's just no way,” said Parris.

Come January

Ripe, who beat the odds then, battled a milder case of the virus this January.

He was vaccinated in March.

Still, Saturday night, though he’d shown no prior symptoms, Parris knew it had to be COVID-19 again when she heard the fluid in his lungs.

She rushed him to the ER. And an hour later, Parris got a familiar call.

Ripe was intubated and waiting for an available ICU bed.

www.nbcdfw.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 08:34 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I don't know you've seen this website: covid19criticalcare.com...

It consists of tons of research and treatment protocols by a group of highly credentialed doctors (experienced in treating Covid from the beginning), including:

Dr Paul Marik, currently Professor of Medicine and Chief of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Eastern Virginia Medical School in Norfolk, Virginia.

There is information on prevention as well as protocols for various stages of illness with COVID-19.

If your ex-wife has someone to advocate for her at the hospital, she will have much higher chance of escaping intubation (which is practically a death sentence), if they can get her doctors to utilize these regimens which have a very strong experientially successful track record.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Which tends to support all the latest, that the vax just primes the immune system for Alpha which is passe, and with a stuffed immune system you have real problems with the other 120 plus variants.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Which tends to support all the latest, that the vax just primes the immune system for Alpha

Is that why the vast majority of hospitalizations are among unvaccinated?

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
It's not rare, the vaccine should just mean the effects will be less damaging.

Have you wondered how it would be affecting them if they had not had the jab?

a reply to: Vasa Croe

I'm actually wondering that right now, my vaccinated roommate got me sick, and hes in worse shape than me (no more symptoms).

So when can I tell him the vaccine kicks in?

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Congratulations.
You and your roommate are anecdotes. Indicative of nothing.

edit on 9/11/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Which tends to support all the latest, that the vax just primes the immune system for Alpha

Is that why the vast majority of hospitalizations are among unvaccinated?

Does it count if a person tests positive, then goes to the hospital in search of treatment?

ER gonna take you every time, but how many of those times were simply seeking a prescription?

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Does it count if a person tests positive, then goes to the hospital in search of treatment?

Treatment for what? What are the symptoms? No symptoms, mild symptoms? Or trouble breathing and stuff?

ER gonna take you every time,
Does that mean admittance to the hospital?

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Congratulations.
You and your roommate are anecdotes. Indicative of nothing.

Anecdotes can still be indicators,

Would I have covid if not for my roommate? No, it was indicative of him to be careless in this process.

Is it something to be brushed off as anecdotal? Well I never said otherwise.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Treatment for what? What are the symptoms? No symptoms, mild symptoms? Or trouble breathing and stuff?

Yes

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 10:04 PM
link   

So people are admitted your hospital showing no symptoms? Sounds like poor management.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I just posted this link for Vasa Croe and wanted to share with you as well:
covid19criticalcare.com...

Actually, for you I posted the link to the 'prevention' and "early outpatient" protocol...

Below are the parts of the protocols that you can start your dad on right away (making sure that nothing he is already taking is contraindicative), because they don't require prescription.

**Anti-coAgulAnts + immune FortiFying**
Aspirin 325 mg daily (unless contraindicated)
Vitamin D Vitamin D3 5,000 IU daily.
Preferred form if available: Calcitriol 0.5 mcg on day 1, then 0.25 mcg daily for 7 days
Melatonin 10 mg before bedtime (causes drowsiness)

**AdjunctiVe / synergistic therApies**
Quercetin 250 mg 2 x daily
Zinc 100 mg/day (elemental zinc)
Vitamin C 500 - 1000 mgs 2 x daily

My family are all vaccinated, but I have had us on the 2nd list of supplements, plus the Vitamin D - as they are part of the 'prevention' protocol as well as "early out patient".

You might want to also get some NAC (N-Acetyl-Cysteine), available in Natural Health stores, as it is shown to protect the lungs from damage, if your dad starts feeling his lungs are being affected by the Covid.

Best wishes for your dad's recovery!

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Not sure if you are confirming, because a lot of people freaking out about having covid are going straight to the er, I don't have a link, I only have the words of the many nurses at henderson hospital that I deal with.

It's basically, oh you have covid, now go home.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 10:08 PM
link   

It's basically, oh you have covid, now go home.

That would be good management, unless there are more severe symptoms being displayed.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: GravitySucks

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Another update. She has now been admitted to the ER at Emory.

She's in a good place. Is she having trouble breathing?

Yes. Very congested. She is finally in a room and they are giving her oxygen and the Regeneron Monoclonal Antibodies at this point.

Yeah....Emory was where my family and friends all went to medical school and residencies. Great docs and facilities.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Well, they are finally figuring it out. I don't know why the CDC let this information be let out.

medicalxpress.com...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join