It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Cancel Culture anti-American?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk
The “words hurt” and “I don’t like what you are saying” crowds are in control. See also - “everyone gets a trophy” and “no ability to debate” crowds.

It breeds laziness and ignorance. Without laziness and ignorance, you can't have total control. Look how the media can successfully turn their side against us over one manufactured news article like the jussie smollett debacle. His story didn't make sense from the very beginning but if you didn't believe him, you were called a racist and homophobe.

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 08:58 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: LeoStarchild

How are people encouraging "white genocide"? And I don't think cancel culture is race specific.

Heard of Nicole Wallace? MSNBC host who has the idea that drone striking Americans who think the election was stolen is a good solution to getting rid of us.

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tekner

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Cancel culture is a defense mechanism for liberals since they can’t debate any of their stances. No worries though once they’ve cancelled everyone they disagree with the next step is bullets flying since nobody will be discussing things anymore. Plus liberals don’t like guns and want them banned, so you see where this is going.

Here's your typical liberal debate

OH MY WTF was that?

I couldn't get past 2 minutes. They should have failed not just for blaming white people and their whiteness (keep hearing that's a myth), but for how many times they said "UH".

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I wouldn't doubt it. MSBNC is the counterpart to stations like newsmax. Ultra bias garbage. Not sure why anyone watches mainstream news anymore. All they do is push extremes and agenda-driven news.

Although, I don't think any of this relates to "white genocide". Most trump supporters are white, but so are most leftists. I know there is notions of white priveldge. But the term "white genocide" is pretty extreme and usually a term paranoid racists use. Not that the poster is racist, but Id be careful about throwing that term around.

edit on 23-2-2021 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

I wouldn't doubt it. MSBNC is the counterpart to stations like newsmax. Ultra bias garbage. Not sure why anyone watches mainstream news anymore. All they do is push extremes and agenda-driven news.

Although, I don't think any of this relates to "white genocide". Most trump supporters are white, but so are most leftists. I know there is notions of white priveldge. But the term "white genocide" is pretty extreme and usually a term paranoid racists use. Not that the poster is racist, but Id be careful about throwing that term around.

I agree about the news, but what would you call it - Trump supporter genocide? I agree with that term because black Trump supporters get treated and mentally abused as bad or worse than the democrats treated and abused blacks in the Jim Crow era. Women, too. Whiteness is always the cause though, so that's why the term "white genocide" is used.

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 09:52 AM
link   

That was a debate? It seemed like a poetry slam competition but the woman took a line of coc aine beforehand.
YAH YAH YAH!!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I would honestly call it anti-human more than anything. Yet, ironically, it also tends to be a very human thing to do.

We are our own worst enemy, after all.

a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

While it is indeed garbage.. Garbage is what is driving our society. Many might not see it because it runs through some filters and buffers before it reaches them.

The dumbest, most emotionally charged takes get the most attention. These metrics are then used to drive everything from the media cycle to institutional influence.

However, just by us *not* giving it attention individually, it still seeps into everything because of the platforms at the core of our society (like social media).

That graphic kets posted is extraordinarily racist in an impressive number of ways. And, it is (part of) the perspective and ideology of the social groups that currently control the rudder and sails of our societal ship.

So, not giving it attention is part of the equation.. to an extent. The much, much more critical part is designing alternative platforms that reduce or eliminate the rampant emotional addiction.

Most of the people that are giving this stuff momentum have no idea what they are doing. They believe stuff like Critical Race Theory actually fights racism, anti-racism fights racism, anti-fascism fights fascism, etc. But.. None of them do, and the extreme level of rhetoric coming from these groups is still dismissed as if it were some random dude with a sandwich board on a street corner, yelling at the sky.

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Except whites or trump supporters are not being genocided… Bias from leftist outlets or pundits? Sure. But it is just silly to say that somehow these small group of extreme leftists that think Trump supporters should die and white people are evil are going to genocide white people, take away trump supporters right to vote, or prevent white people from getting jobs.

Why not just call it racism, instead of white genocide? Throwing that term around is pretty silly.

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Cancel culture is a defense mechanism for liberals since they can’t debate any of their stances. No worries though once they’ve cancelled everyone they disagree with the next step is bullets flying since nobody will be discussing things anymore. Plus liberals don’t like guns and want them banned, so you see where this is going.

Or Trump goons not believing their cult leader could lose.

How does that relate in any way to Trump and the election? Our stances over the election have been put out there over and over and over and over. In fact, Middle's post can directly reflect what you just said because all you can do to debate his post is say "Trump goons don't believe their cult leader can lose" and you brought nothing to back your statement up.

Because it's a classic example of cancel culture. Nation has an election, many on the losing side can't take that and literally tried to cancel it.

I appreciate you don't like it because it shows it's not restricted to one group of people showing the same behaviour, but that's your problem not mine.

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   
White geocide is scary. Just because someone's going to have to put down the ball and work.

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

What you see going on is putting us on the road to it.

We are at least two if not three and working on stage four on the road to genocide.

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   
It whats ever fits their narrative an goals.
Hell, the Simpsons was considered offensive to an extent back when it aired.

They lacl any real conviction though, most want communism yet will still wear name brand clothing, all the while companies want to support their own destruction.

Even if they achieved their said goals, they will quickly rip each other apart.

edit on 23-2-2021 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen88
It whats ever fits their narrative an goals.
Hell, the Simpsons was considered offensive to an extent back when it aired.

They lacl any real conviction though, most want communism yet will still wear name brand clothing, all the while companies want to support their own destruction.

Even if they achieved their said goals, they will quickly rip each other apart.

You don't find it ironic that this thread is about cancel culture being bad and yet you and others are doing exactly that.

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Please point out the flaw in logic in my post and why it supporting cancel culture?

I could always use some constructive criticism.

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Please point out the flaw in logic in my post and why it supporting cancel culture?

I could always use some constructive criticism.

Mainly through your dismissal of a group of people you have chosen to group together based on your opposition to the way you have decided they think.

Not that hard. You could say it just shows prejudice and bias, but that's what cancel culture is all about.

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Oh, you mean my generalization of BLM, Antifia, Woke crows,Neo-Liberals being lumped up into a simple designation, an widely accepted as "The Cancel Culture", and also brazenly claim to be a group?

Please tell me I'm stupid...i need to hear those words.

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Oh, you mean my generalization of BLM, Antifia, Neo-Liberals being lumped up into a simple designation, an widely accepted as "The Cancel Culture."

Please tell me I'm stupid...i need to hear those words.

Why would I need to call you stupid?

You could say why you think that isn't cancel culture?

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Cause it offensive if you dont.

Where did I "STATE" that I support Cancel Culture, as well, again, me "STATING" the above groups I mentioned, are actually pro freedom of speech? Cause I said the exact opposite, that they are Cancel Culture

Or was the fact that it was Conservative who felt Bart should of been a choir boy all those years ago, instead of bad influence on children?

On January 27, 1992, then-President George H. W. Bush said, "We are going to keep on trying to strengthen the American family, to make American families a lot more like the Waltons and a lot less like the Simpsons

posted on Feb, 23 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
White geocide is scary. Just because someone's going to have to put down the ball and work.

Genocide is always scary, regardless of what groups of people are being eradicated. What is happening is not what I would call genocide, and I don't think it is anything to fear. The world is more mobile, and more connected then at anytime in history. What I think is closer to the truth is not the destruction of White people, but maybe a change is what was considered the American culture.

I watched a Chinese couple having lunch at a local dinner, long before COVID, and I immediately knew they were American. How did I know without being able to hear a single word they said? Because of their mannerisms. I have a friend that is Chinese and I have been around enough of her family to recognize traditional Chinese mannerism vs American.

Since America is a land of immigrants there is no pure American culture. You are likely to find more regional culture than racial culture in America today. About 50 years ago is was common to see a clearer delineation between the blend, like TexMex, and International fare, because many Chinese back then, did not eat the standard fare you would find in a Chinese restaurant. Most international fare in America, has been Americanized.

With time, as it has always been through the ages, going back to before the time of Solomon, the races have integrated. That is how we came to be who we are today, and it is proof that we will continue to survive and adapt. I don't think it is anything to fear. My family is so mixed that I don't think there is a race or culture that we have missed, and we are doing just fine. Lots of love, learning, sharing, and understanding.

My family is not unique by a long shot. If you look deep enough, you are likely to find that we are all mixed with something, as long as it is human, I would think it would be something to be proud of.

edit on 23-2-2021 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join