It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billionaires see fortunes rise by 27% during the pandemic

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
Let’s start at time line zero.

Do states have to ask the DOJ to enact emergency powers over their own state?

False premise. The actual question: Do states have the right to financially discriminate against one citizen and/or business over another in an 'emergency'?

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Let’s start at time line zero.

Do states have to ask the DOJ to enact emergency powers over their own state?

False premise. The actual question: Do states have the right to financially discriminate against one citizen and/or business over another in an 'emergency'?

No. It’s not.

Moving on:

Do states have to ask the DOJ to enact emergency powers over their own state? No. They do not.

Now. Individual states grant emergency powers to their governors up to around 30 days before such actions require being voted on by the legislature. Is that false.

Now. Out of those emergency power laws which states are unconstitutional?

—-Now your big moment——
During those states initial governor placed emergency measures, please cite specific cases of groups being unfairly targeted. Please show if there was such cases, there was evidence of malice.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

And not from being able to maintain proper social distancing as outlined by the health department.

Added and fixed
edit on 9-10-2020 by neutronflux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   

No. It’s not.

Yeah, it is, that's the premise of my argument, I'm not interested in yours. You engaged me, not the other way around.

Now go make 5 posts in reply to this one.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Do state and city health departments have to have the DOJ ok health measures?

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   

No. It’s not.

Yeah, it is, that's the premise of my argument, I'm not interested in yours. You engaged me, not the other way around.

Now go make 5 posts in reply to this one.

Your Championing targeted groups? But you don’t have specific cases to cite?

Now you just seem disingenuous and ignorant.
edit on 9-10-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Your Championing target groups?

'Target groups'? That's the damn point, there shouldn't be any groups, equal application of the law.

Says the guy who can't follow a simple premise such as equality.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   

You

Target groups'? That's the damn point, there shouldn't be any groups, equal application of the law.

But you cannot cite a case of specific groups targeted during a state’s initial governor invoked emergency period. Groups you champion, but cannot name?

Again..

And you cannot cite any state giving unconstitutional emergency powers to their governor as outlined by the state’s constitution?

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Pick any state’s lockdown. Day two of that lockdown, what group would you report to the DOJ as being unfairly targeted.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Pick any state’s lockdown. Day two of that lockdown, what group would you report to the DOJ as being unfairly targeted.

Anyone or any business deemed 'nonessential'.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Anyone or any business deemed 'nonessential'.

Unfortunately there is a long legal precedence set from anything including snow storms, hurricanes, disaster recovery that as nothing to do with Trump. Set and argued long before Trump was president. Past history of who can be on the road. Who can go to work.

Enjoy

EAI Toolkit banner
Emergency Declarations and Authorities

astho.org... ct-Sheet/

So. Now back to which state gives unconstitutional emergency powers to their governor.

———

So again...

You blaming Trump on the lockdowns is like blaming an over worked and backed logged mechanic you car doesn’t run because you got drunk and wrecked the car.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Unfortunately there is a long legal precedence set from anything including snow storms, hurricanes, disaster recovery that as nothing to do with Trump. Set and argued long before Trump was president. Past history of who can be on the road. Who can go to work.

Snow storms, hurricanes and other natural disasters are short term and impacts everyone, the government deciding which business or citizen is 'essential' is un-Constitutional in my opinion.

It's still odd that you continue to support the destruction of private businesses in favor of government overreach, you are a major part of the problem.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Snow storms, hurricanes and other natural disasters are short term and impacts everyone, the government deciding which business or citizen is 'essential' is un-Constitutional in my opinion.

It's still odd that you continue to support the destruction of private businesses in favor of government overreach, you are a major part of the problem.

Quote where I supported it.

That is different than you falsely blaming Trump for lockdowns. When your really arguing against set
legal precedence that has nothing to do with Trump.

The DOJ has involvement in being against extended lockdowns that abuse emergency powers.

Is that a false statement.

Lockdowns that targeted specific people’s had injections injected at the state level and did not require DOJ action. Is that a false statement.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   

That fact that you're arguing against it.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   

That fact that you're arguing against it.

What. Because I cite facts.

Using your logic you must be right wing.

Revealed: major anti-lockdown group’s links to America’s far right

www.theguardian.com...

Now

I asked you which states emergency powers granted to the governors through their states’s constitutions are unconstitutional.

If the DOJ filled their own lawsuits in addition to the lawsuits already filled state by state backed by the DOJ how would that sped up the results or changed outcomes.

The DOJ has involvement in being against extended lockdowns that abuse emergency powers.

Is that a false statement.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

No, because you think discrimination based on 'essentialness' is Constitutional.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Let’s go with you targeting groups. Out of the hundreds, if not thousands of lawsuits filed concerning lockdowns. Which lawsuits should the DOJ actively assign DOJ lawyers, resources, and financial backing without discrimination against those they cannot back. The DOJ does not have unlimited personal. When the lawsuits have advanced on their own with results mostly to your liking.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Which lawsuits should the DOJ actively assign DOJ lawyers, resources, and financial backing without discrimination against those they cannot back.

All the ones they never filed to stop 'non-essential' people from pursing their livelihoods.

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   

No, because you think discrimination based on 'essentialness' is Constitutional.

Sigh

Again...

Now..

Do states have to ask the DOJ to enact emergency powers over their own state? No. They do not.

Now. Individual states grant emergency powers to their governors up to around 30 days before such actions require being voted on by the legislature. Is that false.

Now. Out of those emergency power laws which states are unconstitutional?

posted on Oct, 9 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Snow storms, hurricanes and other natural disasters are short term and impacts everyone...

There you go, Sparky! You got it! They impact EVERYONE.

The shutdowns impacted NOT EVERYONE.

You finally win the comprehension prize.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join