It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 6

page: 65
<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying
a reply to: Observationalist
I don't think the models failed, they looked to be quite accurate with no mitigation done.

The numbers are so significantly lower because of social distancing, masks, and other mitigations.

And the fact is, you don't actually know that - and in fact, there is considerable evidence that the collateral damage being done by the isolation is equal to or worse than any damage t hat may have been done by the virus.

If those had not been done, hospitals would have been overwhelmed, and the death toll would have been much higher because of higher infection numbers, and lack of health care.

Blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda...

You can make absurd claims all day long, it doesn't make them true - just more fear-mongering-hype-driven blah-blah.
edit on 28-4-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Byrd, that's some impressive undertaking by those guys. I look forward to crunching some of those numbers.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2
a reply to: cirrus12
Even then, it wouldn't be transferred through the food, unless we ate it raw, and unwashed.

Well, since I only grill my 2" thick ribeyes for one minute per side (so, mostly raw), I guess I'll be a good canary for you all to watch...

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Thanks for the update. We don't see much Japanese news here in the UK
a reply to: musicismagic

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

a reply to: Observationalist
I don't think the models failed, they looked to be quite accurate with no mitigation done.

The numbers are so significantly lower because of social distancing, masks, and other mitigations.

And the fact is, you don't actually know that - and in fact, there is considerable evidence that the collateral damage being done by the isolation is equal to or worse than any damage t hat may have been done by the virus.

If those had not been done, hospitals would have been overwhelmed, and the death toll would have been much higher because of higher infection numbers, and lack of health care.

Blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda...

You can make absurd claims all day long, it doesn't make them true - just more fear-mongering-hype-driven blah-blah.

Likewise, you don't KNOW that it did not. Evidence points to the fact that it did.

You don't KNOW that vitimin C will help, but you keep claiming it.

You don't KNOW that everyone who gets a bad case has a depressed immune system, dispite your claims.

Yoou don't KNOW that zink is the answer, even though you repeat it, but no scientific study to back it up.

So I guess we BOTH DON'T KNOW much.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Yeah these types of experiments should not happen IMO. Way too risky. Scientists seem split on whether or not they should be done - but the ones that wanted to do them won unfortunately.
Just reading that article freaked me. It's crazy that it's allowed to happen. And in low security labs as well.
a reply to: McGinty

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Link to Nextstrain.org for Europe, showing the Spread, and mutations of the Ncov-Sars-2 virus.

North-American version.

Global Version

Explore, its very 'clicky' and 'mouse-over'.
You can even animate the map below the right pane.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2
Link to Nextstrain.org for Europe, showing the Spread, and mutations of the Ncov-Sars-2 virus.

North-American version.

Global Version

Explore, its very 'clicky' and 'mouse-over'.
You can even animate the map below the right pane.

Oh wow! That's really neat!!

There's a static version of that genetic tree near the bottom of this paper: www.sciencemag.org...

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Nope. You just think you are Gods gift to creation, and you KNOW more than anyone else.

MrRCflying, not directed at you, but in agreement with you...
I have acquaintances that feel they know everything. It is is obvious when they open their mouths, they know very little, and can't understand why others don't support them. YES, sometimes they accurately quote a reliable source, but more often than not they fail to understand their lack of knowledge.

Social distancing has been proven as a very good way of decreasing communicable diseases. Lessons learned in the past are trying to be applied to this disease, but some feel it is not acceptable this time.

To quote Ebenezer Scrooge, "If they would rather die, they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population." "It's not my business. It's enough for a man to understand his own business, and not interfere with other people's"

Seems like some who post an opinion here, understand Ebenezer quite well, when they reflect that we should not close an economy to save those who would die due to this disease. Presently, we as a world, are not seeing this as drastic as the Spanish Flu of 1918, but can we be so certain, that it is not the "Spanish Flu" of the 21st century?

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
1 confirmed and 1 probable cases in Aotearoa/New Zealand today.
Kia kaha world.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Thought this worth posting here, Dr Chris Martenson's latest video on COVID-19 where he breaks down "excess mortality" charts which I think is the best available data at the moment to put the number of COVID-19 related deaths into context -- and clearly proves that even though the total deaths we're seeing is way lower than what it could have been, had we not practiced strict lockdown measures, this was still way worse than any of the worst "flu seasons" you can muster up.

He starts covering excess mortality about 4.2 minutes in.
edit on 28/4/20 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   

It's been a few days....
Please read this!

This thread is for Corona Virus UPDATES ONLY!!!

...not debating and/or bickering

...not chit chat, DIET ADVICE, SOAP BOX speeches, recipes, political trolling, class warfare, conspiracy theories, bigoted comments, medical advice, OFF TOPIC banter
ill-mannered remarks toward members or arguing....

Some NON-UPDATE threads here, feel free to join in any of these:
Diseases and Pandemics

Diseases and Pandemics:: Medical Disclaimer
This thread is NOT for discussion of alternative medical treatment of illnesses!!!

Members who continue to disrupt will face temporary posting bans. ATS will not allow the few to ruin it for everyone.

Go after the ball not the player.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility WILL face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl
... there is considerable evidence that the collateral damage being done by the isolation is equal to or worse than any damage t hat may have been done by the virus.

Severe damage to lives from the lock-down is continuing despite passing the pandemic's peak; in fact, that issue is getting worse by the day, and not just in a disastrous economic sense, rather a psychological one. An ATSer (I won't name them but they can contribute here if they read this) posted today in another thread that a close friend had hung herself at home last week due to the stress of the lock-down, and was buried yesterday. It both chilled and angered me, uncomfortably reminding me of a close friend of mine who is 'on the brink', for whom my fingers remain crossed on a daily basis. Naturally it affects me terribly, too, and is one of the reasons I rarely like to talk or even think too much about this pandemic.

My point is that these people are as much victims of COVID-19 as those unfortunate to die directly from it.

The lock-down has successfully eased the pressure on hospitals, but in the UK doctors are extremely concerned about people avoiding hospitals in general, putting themselves in extreme danger from other ailments due to being obsessed with not catching the virus from a ward, or not wanting to interfere with the COVID emergency in general, despite the fact that many hospitals have plenty of capacity at the moment.

Those people are also as much victims of COVID-19.

It's a very distressing situation from BOTH points of view being argued here. Neither side should forget that.

Peace to all.

edit on 28-4-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

Years ago when doing some medical studies the Tutor always said look for the simplest cause first. Here is an interesting analysis by our old friend Cliff High, known too many for his Woo, but also known for his other logical programing attributes. Here he shows the blood analysis of people presenting to hospitals for corovid treatment. The analysis suggests that even the accepted Vitamin D and C levels are far to low, who would that benefit?

<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join