It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 6

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2
From BBC Live Feed :

- 12h51 : " It's not a given that we will make a vaccine ", says Sir James Farrar (British Medical Researcher, previously a professor of tropical medicine at the University of Oxford ) :

Sir Jeremy Farrar, a member of the UK Government's Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage), said he thought the UK was past the peak of the "first wave" of the virus but warned that if lockdown measures were lifted too soon the virus could come back in a few weeks.

The infectious diseases expert was hopeful the restrictions could be eased within about three or four weeks if the number of infections dropped "dramatically".

He told Sky he was "optimistic" about finding a vaccine for Covid-19 but acknowledged: "The truth is we don't have another vaccine for any other human coronavirus."

He added: "It's not a given that we will make a vaccine."

I'd say this post of yours is more needed and more worthwhile posting.

Yeah, i wish there was more info like this too.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Unfortunately the link is dead.

Did he do it? Only an egomaniacal megalomaniac living in a fantasy nightmare world made real by nepotism and fear would risk making such a statement before releasing this virus.... So I guess there’s a chance it’s true.
The link isn't dead, it's malformed because Rich put it in quotes for some reason. It talks about nuclear weapons, not biological weapons.

originally posted by: Rich Z
Oh, I know this is just silly and I have absolutely no basis of fact for this feeling, but I just can't shake the grinning image of Kim Jong-un about all this. I don't think you can presume that a sane mind would be necessary to do something of this nature.

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un warns of ‘shocking’ action, new strategic weapon

IMHO, of course.
Rich, please don't put the link in quotes, it breaks the link as McGinty noticed. Yes the NK leader seems a bit nuts but I don't think he had anything to do with COVID-19. Here is the fixed link without the quotes:

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un warns of ‘shocking’ action, new strategic weapon

edit on 2020419 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
From French Live Feed :

- 16h16 : " Antonov An-225 lands at Paris-Vatry airport in the Marne, with ~150 tonnes of Medical Equipment. "

This was a private purchase, for a private company, French news states, and that the Government was not involved.
More at this France3-Regions Link with a short video of the landing (mostly the taxi).

- 16h27 : " Some of the non-drinkable water in Paris is polluted by COVID-19 "

This is the water used to clean the streets, and is in no way connected to the drinking water.
'Eau de Paris', has confirmed that 4 of the 27 test points have tested positive.
All of the non-drinkable water use has been immediately suspended, out of pure precaution.
They repeat, this is in no way a problem for the Drinking water, which is perfectly safe to consume.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Looks like there is now a downward trend in Spain what with only 410 fatalities yesterday. Lets hope it continues. Maybe by the end of May the deaths will be in tens rather than hundreds if not single digits.

www.abc.es...

An interesting little aside note on Spain here, I noticed that yesterday too in my own app for tracking this thing. I thought I had a bug somewhere in my software, so I checked since I take the data directly from JHU's repository of raw data. This is what my app showed for Spain's day over day fatalities.

Full Size

Now, here is the header for the CSV file for daily reports in their repository

"FIPS,Admin2,Province_State,Country_Region,Last_Update,Lat,Long_,Confirmed,Deaths
,Recovered,Active,Combined_Key"

Here is their data from 04/17/2020 for Spain (Bolding is mine to show relevant field)
,,,Spain,2020-04-17 23:30:32,40.463667,-3.74922,190839,20002,74797,96040,Spain

and 04/18/2020
,,,Spain,2020-04-18 22:32:28,40.463667,-3.74922,191726,20043,74797,96886,Spain

So it seems there was no bug, but there may have been a keying error, but from whom? Spain or JHU?
OR is the number valid?
edit on 19-4-2020 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae
...There was the report of the woman who had been self isolating because she has an autoimmune disorder.... hadn't been in contact with anyone other than her husband for weeks and she wound up getting it.

On a side note, did you hear what happened to her? I’m asking cos I’ve got an autoimmune disorder too (seronegative inflammatory arthritis)

All I know is that she said she's never been so sick in her life. She was still at home at the time though. She probably got it from her neighbor who picked up groceries for her and later tested positive.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
A comment on Twitter to Dr Scott Gottlieb-

"I work as a nurse practitioner I had a patient with symptoms of a kidney stone. She had a CT scan which found a kidney stone and COVID19 in her lungs. She was totally asymptomatic. Luckily she and I both were wearing masks. COVID19 is definitely different than other infections."

A few weeks ago I read about a woman having abdominal pain. CT scan happened to catch the bottom of her lungs.... and they could see it. A test was ordered and came back positive. I find these cases very interesting and wonder if the people from the Navy ships that are asymptomatic got CT scans would it show up?

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae
...There was the report of the woman who had been self isolating because she has an autoimmune disorder.... hadn't been in contact with anyone other than her husband for weeks and she wound up getting it.

On a side note, did you hear what happened to her? I’m asking cos I’ve got an autoimmune disorder too (seronegative inflammatory arthritis)

I have a friend with an autoimmune disease who has been diagnosed in UK. She was self isolating. Had a temp for 1 week so dr sent to hospital cos she is high risk. They did xray and said looks like covid. She's been sent home with a leaflet and is doing ok atm. It's been about a week so far.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: checkmeout

This is not directed at you, but im curious, how the HELL are CT scans or XRAYS being used to determine if a virus exists other than by using opinion or assumption?

Fluid in the lungs is indicative of so many things it cant possibly be a reliable measure.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

This is not directed at you, but im curious, how the HELL are CT scans or XRAYS being used to determine if a virus exists other than by using opinion or assumption?

Fluid in the lungs is indicative of so many things it cant possibly be a reliable measure.

When it's double pneumonia with ground glass appearance it's not the "normal" thing they see on CT scans of pneumonia. When that is seen on a scan a COVID test is ordered to confim. In China for a while they were only using the CT scans as an indicator because it was faster than the tests.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Andrew Cuomo
@NYGovCuomo
·
7m
NEW: NYS will undertake the most aggressive statewide antibody testing survey in the nation in the next week.

It will tell us for the first time what percentage of the population has actually had #Coronavirus.

This will be the first true snapshot of what we’re dealing with.

---
This should be interesting!

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Looks like there is now a downward trend in Spain what with only 410 fatalities yesterday. Lets hope it continues. Maybe by the end of May the deaths will be in tens rather than hundreds if not single digits.

www.abc.es...

An interesting little aside note on Spain here, I noticed that yesterday too in my own app for tracking this thing. I thought I had a bug somewhere in my software, so I checked since I take the data directly from JHU's repository of raw data. This is what my app showed for Spain's day over day fatalities.

Full Size

Now, here is the header for the CSV file for daily reports in their repository

"FIPS,Admin2,Province_State,Country_Region,Last_Update,Lat,Long_,Confirmed,Deaths
,Recovered,Active,Combined_Key"

Here is their data from 04/17/2020 for Spain (Bolding is mine to show relevant field)
,,,Spain,2020-04-17 23:30:32,40.463667,-3.74922,190839,20002,74797,96040,Spain

and 04/18/2020
,,,Spain,2020-04-18 22:32:28,40.463667,-3.74922,191726,20043,74797,96886,Spain

So it seems there was no bug, but there may have been a keying error, but from whom? Spain or JHU?
OR is the number valid?
We shall have to see how it goes this week to see if Spain are on the decent for sure. Some folk have returned to work so we will have to see if that has any impact. On 26 April under 12 years are going to be allowed out.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

humm your mood is investigatory but you can't search for an answer for yourself??

CT scans may be the fastest way to diagnose coronavirus ...

Some people get lazier and lazier roll on AI to do their thinking for them.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Another month? Computer modelers estimate how much longer coronavirus shutdowns should last

The University of Washington epidemiologists who set up a widely watched model projecting the future course of the coronavirus outbreak have translated those projections into suggested time frames for loosening strict shelter-at-home orders across the country. For Washington state, that time frame is the week of May 18, which is two weeks longer than the current expiration date for Gov. Jay Inslee’s “Stay Home, Stay Healthy” order. Based on the current projections from UW’s Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation, four states — Montana, Vermont, West Virginia and Hawaii — could loosen their restrictions as early as the week of May 4. Other states, ranging from Massachusetts and North Dakota to Arizona, may have to wait until the week of June 8 or later. Those projected dates could shift, of course, depending on how the institute tweaks its models, which it’s done repeatedly over the past month. And in the end, it’s up to the nation’s governors, not researchers, to determine how strict their social distancing policies are.

www.geekwire.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Numbers from around the world are now starting to come in for April 19th.

Spain - Pop: 44.6 M
196,586 Positive tests…….. or 1 out of 237 Spaniards
10.47% Deaths

Italy - Pop: 60.4 M
176,042 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 344 Italians
13.22 % Deaths

France – Pop: 67.0 M
151,793 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 441 French
12.72 % Deaths

UK – Pop: 66.6 M
120,067 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 555 UKers
13.37 % Deaths

Sweden – Pop: 10.2 M
13,822 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 740 Swedes
10.93 % Deaths

Denmark – Pop: 5.8 M
7,257 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 799 Danes
4.63 % Deaths

US - Pop: 330 M
739,582 Positive tests.... or 1 out of 446 Americans
5.18% Deaths

US death rates (2017):
1. Heart Disease …………….…………647,457 annual or 1,773 daily average
2. Cancer ……………………..……….….599,108 annual or 1,641 daily average
3. Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936 annual or 465 daily average
8. Influenza and Pneumonia …………55,562 annual or 152 daily average
10. Intentional self-harm (suicide):..47,173 annual or 129 daily average

COVID-19 ………………………………………. 38,381 (50 Day) or 767 daily average

*** SURPASSED *****

X. Auto accidents ………………….………37,461 annual or 102 daily average
X. H1N1 2009 ESTIMATED (8,868 – 18,638) for 1 year or 24 – 50 daily average

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Ozone Therapy Proving Successful In Covid-19 Patients

Italy and China Trial Ozone At the Santa María della Misericordia University Hospital in Udine, Italy, 36 patients with Covid-19 pneumonia who had respiratory failure were administered Ozone therapy. Only 3% required intubation compared to the usual 15%. There is a high mortality of intubated patients and given a fifth were spared intubation; it is an achievement to highlight. There are also four clinical trials underway in China and the provisional results could not be more hopeful.

theibizan.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

I really appreciate the posts by people from places where we usually don't get any local info, Asia, South America, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand, and USA state info, and elsewhere.

Just wanted to say thanks for your contributions and updates to this UPDATE thread. Others here DO appreciate your efforts and actually read your worldmeters updates here for convenience. I'd also like to thank everyone here for their contributions throughout this thread as it's been a invaluable resource when trying to navigate through this mess we find ourselves in. What makes ATS great is the collaboration, so many people with differing backgrounds/professions bringing something of value or interest to the table.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Pass
edit on 19-4-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

a reply to: drussell41

To me it says they’re on the corporate governments script of prioritising the economy, I.e. making the curves as short and sharp as is plausibly deniable.

Why did consecutive first world leaders delay lockdown despite seeing the shocking evidence for it in China, then Iran, Italy, Spain, the U.K. these folk, no matter how dumb they act and anything but and are surrounded by pretty smart chaps ready with all the possible scenarios.

Trump, Boris et al = economy > lives

Thanks for the feedback, McGinty.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

From BBC Live Feed :

- 12h51 : " It's not a given that we will make a vaccine ", says Sir James Farrar (British Medical Researcher, previously a professor of tropical medicine at the University of Oxford ) :

Sir Jeremy Farrar, a member of the UK Government's Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage), said he thought the UK was past the peak of the "first wave" of the virus but warned that if lockdown measures were lifted too soon the virus could come back in a few weeks.

The infectious diseases expert was hopeful the restrictions could be eased within about three or four weeks if the number of infections dropped "dramatically".

He told Sky he was "optimistic" about finding a vaccine for Covid-19 but acknowledged: "The truth is we don't have another vaccine for any other human coronavirus."

He added: "It's not a given that we will make a vaccine."

I'd say this post of yours is more needed and more worthwhile posting.

Yeah, i wish there was more info like this too.

I appreciate your posts.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

As Pasiphae says appearances are of pneumonia. Combined with inflammatory markers that can exclude a bacterial pneumonia. If you google it the x Ray's are pretty stark and almost always bilateral.

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join