It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 6

page: 114
<< 111  112  113    115  116  117 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
some goods news..

.. I remember at the very beginning someone saying that it would disapear as fast as it appeared.. this gives me hope

www.reuters.com...

“In reality, the virus clinically no longer exists in Italy,” said Alberto Zangrillo, the head of the San Raffaele Hospital in Milan in the northern region of Lombardy, which has borne the brunt of Italy’s coronavirus contagion.

“The swabs that were performed over the last 10 days showed a viral load in quantitative terms that was absolutely infinitesimal compared to the ones carried out a month or two months ago,” he told RAI television.

I can't quite remember who predicted this. I have to wonder though, if this is true how does that impact the threat of a second wave? Either way I hope that this is weakening, that would be awesome.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManSizedSquirrel
I can't quite remember who predicted this. I have to wonder though, if this is true how does that impact the threat of a second wave? Either way I hope that this is weakening, that would be awesome.
There are mutations, and it's thought at least one of the mutated strains is weaker. That doesn't mean all the mutations are weaker though. It seems like there are so many mutations they could be hard to keep up with.

Emerging SARS-CoV-2 mutation hot spots include a novel RNA-dependent-RNA polymerase variant

SARS-CoV-2 is a RNA coronavirus responsible for the pandemic of the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (COVID-19). RNA viruses are characterized by a high mutation rate, up to a million times higher than that of their hosts. Virus mutagenic capability depends upon several factors, including the fidelity of viral enzymes that replicate nucleic acids, as SARS-CoV-2 RNA dependent RNA polymerase (RdRp). Mutation rate drives viral evolution and genome variability, thereby enabling viruses to escape host immunity and to develop drug resistance...

We characterized 8 novel recurrent mutations of SARS-CoV-2...

These findings suggest that the virus is evolving and European, North American and Asian strains might coexist, each of them characterized by a different mutation pattern.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Read this yesterday. Very interesting indeed.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

I have been taking quercetin 500mg, mostly for bp . And i have been taking melatonin nightly for years.
if i feel sick i have zinc lozenges but i havent been taking them. I have also been taking a multivitamin that has plenty in it.
i think my system is full of this stuff already.
I have only been sick 2 times in the last like 7 years. And my first fever in 19 years was this December. which may have been 'it' because i was bedridden for about 2 days.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

you made me lmfao bc you're correct and that was funny

i like black humour

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: GravitySucks

Thanks for bumping Encia22’s post. I missed it the first time round and it is indeed an interesting fresh perspective. Could it be that it’s a blood vessel disease and the respiratory issues are secondary?

Or that it’s simultaneously a blood vessel and respiratory disease/infection.

Can that even exist in nature?

If not can such a think be created?

Obviously I know very little about this stuff, so I hope someone with expertise chimes in.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

Good common sense here! I've been taking Piriteze and 4x Muller Choco Ball Yoghurts a day since my illness. My next door neighbour, Richard told me he'd read a study that Mullers Choco balls contain a high potency ingredient that can pulp covid19 like a wet otter beneath the blade of a lawn mower. It's certainly not done me any harm so far despite government warnings.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Numbers Update for Europe, and Elsewhere (No Bno) :

www.worldometers.info...

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2
That number for new deaths in UK is not what the Government announced. They appear to be 'massaging' the figures.People are starting to twig though.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
2 articles out today that really backup the thoughts we've had on this board since hte beginning

1. Lab Created:

www.news.com.au... 0a211af696fa2f30d5e7306dbf4780

The first curious characteristic of COVID-19 is that the virus binds to human ACE2 receptor cells more strongly than it does to any other animal, including bats.

The second unusual thing about the virus that causes COVID-19 is that it has what’s called a “furin cleavage site” that its closest genetic bat-coronavirus relative, RaTG-13, does not have.

“I believe that this is the only way an insertion like the furin protease cleavage site could have been introduced directly at the right place and become effective.”

Dr Shemesh points to the insertion of a furin site as the most unusual aspect of COVID-19.

“I believe that the most important issue about the differences between all coronavirus types is the insertion of a furin protease cleavage site at the spike protein of SARS-CoV-2,” he said.

“Such an insertion is very rare in evolution, the addition of such four amino acids alone in the course of only 20 years is very unlikely.”

Dr Shemesh, who has a PhD in genetics and molecular biology from the Hebrew University in Jerusalem, and over 21 years of experience in the field of drug discovery and development, said it is even “more unlikely” that this insertion happened in exactly the right place of the cleavage site of the spike protein – which is where it would need to occur to make the virus more infectious.

2. Colder climate is a factor

www.news.com.au...

A new study has found a link between COVID-19 and low humidity brought on by the winter months.

New findings by Australian researchers have found that as Australia goes through the cooler months they could be facing an increased risk of community transmission of coronavirus.

“We need to be thinking if it’s winter time, it could be COVID-19 time,” said Professor Michael Ward, who led the study.

“COVID-19 is likely to be a seasonal disease that recurs in periods of lower humidity."

The study by the University of New South Wales was conducted during the early epidemic stages of the COVID-19 outbreak, and found an association between low humidity and an increase in locally acquired cases.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 12:59 AM
link   
MEdcram gave a good linkcovid-19 vaccine tracker

There are many COVID-19 vaccine trials in the works and "RAPS" appears to be a nice website to track vaccine progress.

Interesting video discusses face masks - cloth homemade v none with laser scatter video example

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Reminder for those that missed it

Works in a covid-19 icu so definitely exposed to the virus.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 04:12 AM
link   
So, we all think lockdown is easing here in the UK? Welcome to 1984.... Please read it all...the last one will have you in stitches!
Have a look at all this lot that came into force since last Thursday...
#1 "A paragraph has been added to part of the law governing its “application and interpretation”, reading: “Childcare has the same meaning as in section 18 of the Childcare Act 2006.”

That law states that it cannot include care provided by relatives, adding: “Relative, in relation to a child, means a grandparent, aunt, uncle, brother or sister, whether of the full blood or half blood or by marriage or civil partnership.”

The change means that childcare would no longer be a legal exemption for Mr Cummings’ journey to Durham, but the new law cannot be applied retrospectively." ......so the State will look after your children???

#2 “no person may participate in a gathering which takes place in a public or private place outdoors, and consists of more than six persons, or indoors, and consists of two or more persons”.

#3 "A separate provision makes it illegal to stay overnight outside your home “without reasonable excuse”, which can include moving home, work, attending funerals, providing care and escaping harm."....maybe I have a loophole to go practical training my students now......

and finally......not sure how they are going to sort this one....unless there will be people doing it outdoors in their gardens or public places....
#4 "There is no exemption for couples who do not live together, meaning that the law has effectively banned them from having sex indoors or staying at each other’s homes."........best leave your phones in the garden then

No sex indoors if you don't live together

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Very interesting. I have to say though, I have learned more about diseases in the last 5 months than I ever thought I would have needed too. Thank you for the info.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

What the Funk is this BS??

I did read it yesterday in some article and thought the same as you and also, it's becoming like 'Minority Report', do you remember that film?

But I can't see people abiding by these silly rules... it's our private and personal properties... we can do as we like on that property and if we want to stay overnight somewhere then we can do that... it's our choice, let's not start abiding by these draconian rules, otherwise we'll be accepting it as a ... forever rule/s.

Fair enough on the mass gatherings at beaches, clubs etc... whilst the virus is still here

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

Dems the new laws. I'm more concerned about the welfare of children in all this.
The sex bit....I don't have a partner/boyfriend

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Great post Agit,
I was here from January/December.

Yes its lab created... its so obvious...

It boggles my mind that its not an accepted fact as of yet... I guess its just too frightening for the avg sheeple to acknowledge.

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Okay, here is a central Illinois update:

The county in which I reside, Macon county, in the more rural middle part of the state, still seems to be doing comparatively well at the moment. The number of COVID-19 patients in the unit at my hospital is down to 1 positive patient. That is great! We have had 194 total positive patients in our county (35 additional since my last update 16 days ago), and 19 deaths (2 more in the last 16 days). I would rate this as 'success' currently, though I am worried about all the people outside protesting in our area (we have had several stores looted, and a house burned down, etc.). We may get another peak. *sigh* Oh well, we will see if COVID-19 is going to just disappear soon or not. I hope it continues to decline....

Chicago continues suffering the worst in Illinois, but that is where people are most densely concentrated, and there are more people in Chicago, and more riots there currently too!

Illinois overall is in 'phase 3' of re-opening. At my hospital, that means we are doing elective surgeries again, and I might add that we are getting back to a normal volume of procedures and activity. Every OR patient is tested for COVID-19 prior to surgery, and so far, we have had zero positive surgery patients! Everyone here is wearing a mask constantly at work, unless they are alone in their own office.

The level of COVID-19 activity in our community is low to very low currently. We are treating people at our hospital with Remdesivir and convalescent plasma mostly, under study protocols, one from the Mayo Clinic. There is a lot of paperwork involved, but the goal is to gather as much data as possible that could prove helpful for the future.

The Illinois government COVID-19 statistics page is also worth seeing, for anyone interested, linked at:

www.dph.illinois.gov...

I might add - I hope this is my last update on this thread, and that local COVID-19 cases continue to decline. That'd be great, but I am not holding my breath.

edit on 2-6-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: fixed the link

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Just read this in the Q thread (i needed a distraction
) and if true it's absolutely huge...!

I got some news from a RN relative that info coming out of Italy, because of autopsies they have preformed on many of their casualties from Covid19, is leading them to believe that this is a bacterium and not a virus. The info states that the bacteria is causing blood clotting leading to the respiratory issues and that if the patient is given anticoagulant and antibotics thier condition improves almost immediately.
I hope this is true info and not false. Has anyone else gotten this info? If true the WHO, Gates and the rest have a lot of explaining to do.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Since the msm don't appear to be looking into this it's either being covered up by you know who (Gates/WHO, like they apparently tried to cover up the Madagascan tea treatment according the country's president), or of course, it's simply inaccurate/mistaken. Lets all hope it's true!

edit on 2-6-2020 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DougHole64

pip pip wot old sport?

i like me a good choco i do.

covid?
its all about the riots now
nothing to see here

top topics

<< 111  112  113    115  116  117 >>

join