It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 333
<< 330  331  332    334  335  336 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181

originally posted by: butcherguy
Pennsylvania Gov. Wolf calls for everyone to wear face masks when they are away from home at places where people congregate, such as stores and pharmacies.

Or what. Like we can just go to our bin and pull out a mask at whim. Dumb ass must not know that there’s a friggin shortage.

He specifically called for the public to wear fabric masks, so we don't deplete the supply of N95's for healthcare workers.
We can make serviceable masks without sewing.
Youtube

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Geoff Bennett
@GeoffRBennett
·
24m
INBOX: U.S. Senators @SenBlumenthal
and @ChrisVanHollen
are leading a group of 17 Senators calling on the Defense Department IG to conduct a formal investigation into the USS Theodore Roosevelt coronavirus outbreak and decision to relieve Capt. Brett Crozier of his command.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying

originally posted by: 38181

originally posted by: butcherguy
Pennsylvania Gov. Wolf calls for everyone to wear face masks when they are away from home at places where people congregate, such as stores and pharmacies.

Or what. Like we can just go to our bin and pull out a mask at whim. Dumb ass must not know that there’s a friggin shortage.

There was plenty around in January.

That's when I bought mine.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
New York is merging all its hospitals to battle the coronavirus
“We’re in an almost apocalyptic crisis, which requires cutting through the bulls**t.”

Right now, New York’s hospitals are no longer operating as independent facilities. Under the plan announced this week by New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, there is effectively one big New York state hospital system fighting off the coronavirus. As one VoxCare reader who works in health insurance put it to me, “This verges on the socializing of the entire system.” To be clear, they were being descriptive, not pejorative — and while that is a little hyperbolic, it’s not as far off as you might think. Cuomo announced this week that he had met with New York hospital leaders and come up with a plan to, in effect, merge them into one operating system with many different locations. From Buffalo to NYC, hospitals will be sharing staff, patients and supplies for the foreseeable future, with Albany overseeing the distribution of resources. ”It’s not unusual for a time of an emergency for regulatory authorities to basically say, ‘Hospitals, you must do this.’ Usually there are provisions in state law that enable that to happen,” Susan Dentzer, a senior policy fellow at the Duke University Margolis Center for Health Policy, told me. Hurricane Katrina is one recent example she gave. But the plan is still remarkable. There are about 200 hospitals in New York state, totaling 53,000 beds before Cuomo told them to double their capacity. About 20,000 of those beds are in New York City. It is a matter of necessity, as New York has already seen more than 100,000 Covid-19 cases and 1,500 deaths — with the peak still projected to be a week away, according to the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation’s estimates, requiring as many as 100,000 beds. ”This is on a scale that has not ever happened in the United States ever, with the possible exception of 1918,” Dentzer said. “Nothing on this scale has ever happened in at least 100 years.”

www.vox.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Los Angeles Times
@latimes
·
17m
Breaking: U.S. records 1,000 coronavirus-related deaths in a single day
--

All the counters I follow still say under 900 but it's only 3pm my time and the counts usually stop around 5-5:30

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Here's an update for NY. Oneida county number has moved up to 79, 2 have died:
www.wktv.com...

UTICA, N.Y. – Another Oneida County resident has died from coronavirus, according to County Executive Anthony Picente. The county is not releasing any personal details about this person. As of Friday, 79 people in Oneida County tested positive for coronavirus, and 14 people have recovered. The positive cases increased by 11 from Thursday.

edit on 3-4-2020 by Chance321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Long lines have been forming at funeral homes in Wuhan over the past two weeks, as family members have been informed they may collect their loved ones’ remains ahead of Tomb-Sweeping Day. Some waited six hours to collect an urn, then the ashes.

The Hankou Funeral Parlor’s crematorium was operating 19 hours a day, with male staff enlisted to help carry bodies. In just two days, the home received 5,000 urns, the respected magazine Caixin reported.

Using photos posted online, social media sleuths have estimated that Wuhan funeral homes had returned 3,500 urns a day since March 23. That would imply a death toll in Wuhan of about 42,000 — or 16 times the official number. Another widely shared calculation, based on Wuhan’s 84 furnaces running nonstop and each cremation taking an hour, put the death toll at 46,800.

www.washingtonpost.com... 03/5a6daa50-7234-11ea-ad9b-254ec99993bc_story.html

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
So anybody want to comment on the second wave starting around Asia while Western countries haven't even hit the peak of the first one?

Asian countries impose new lockdowns

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Can Coronavirus Survive in Your Refrigerator? Here’s What a Renowned Scientist Told Us

Research is still ongoing for the current strain of coronavirus that causes COVID-19. A 2010 study by the American Society for Microbiology investigated the effects of temperature and humidity on the SARS coronavirus, which is closely related to the COVID-19 virus (officially named SARS-CoV-2). Scientists found that coronavirus thrived in low humidity and temperatures below 40° F -- the same environment found inside a typical refrigerator. Dr. Greene, who is familiar with the 2010 study but was not involved with it, says that's all the reason he needs to recommend everyone disinfect grocery items before they go in the fridge or freezer. "The point is, you would never put anything into your refrigerator without first decontaminating it," he said. “For foodstuffs and boxes and things like that, my wife and I do this together: take a towel, soak it in Lysol, and then really go over the hard surface of the cardboard; of the food product,” he said.

Instructions for decontamination in the link

www.nbcbayarea.com... d=IwAR03sTmf-x7E8N1MIzCJHIqARTSf4p0GwDE1Kbfdj0BquYjdPuf-v58wSP8

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Having an infant in the house, the thought of improvising face masks with disposable diapers must have first occurred to me a couple weeks ago. I didn't follow up the thought by searching on the internet, much less posting here.

Lo and behold, there are people doing this. Is it effective? I have not discovered a good answer, but I imagine they are at least as effective as masks improvised with bandanas or t-shirts. Diapers have a better seal (if made correctly), thanks to elastic "leak-guards".

A cursory search yielded many similar videos.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Teddy Roosevelt

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
So anybody want to comment on the second wave starting around Asia while Western countries haven't even hit the peak of the first one?

Rainbows
Jane

Well that's not good. I keep hoping TDawg was full of it but.....

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

The way I am reading this article on New York, to me is saying, that NYC is almost out of ICU beds and ventilators. I personally would not be surprised, if sometime in the next 24 -72 hours (if it has not already occurred) that NYC runs out of ICU beds. Gov. Cuomo appears to be taking a similar road that has been posted here in ATS about France, shipping either the patients to other hospitals in the state, or taking personnel and equipment from the rest of the state, and bringing it to NYC.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

#faced now has a new meaning...

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: InterplanetaryHobo

Yes I agree. They are really in dire straits. I think Cuomo has been handling it as well as anyone could.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
It is all very sobering, I can understand now why I am seeing so many people just kinda losing their minds, here and on social media, all this negativity will take a toll, on our mental health. Sigh, we are no longer looking at the precipice we are in it.
edit on 3-4-2020 by Bicent because: Auto correct

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

If one is morbidly dedicated to recycle/reduce/reuse, then yes.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae

originally posted by: angelchemuel

Rainbows
Jane

Well that's not good. I keep hoping TDawg was full of it but.....
It's a tool and it can only be stopped if there is total isolation by everybody everywhere for at least 1 month. What a weapon. Humans still have a very long way to go, ignorance, stupidity, selfishness, lack of health service (globally) and greed are mankind's worst enemy and those who engineered this virus understand that!
edit on 3-4-2020 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Bugs Bunny: So Mr Nice Guy in a suit, what's your question?

Willy FuFu: What's the purpose of this European Patent
with a filing date of July 23rd 2015 ?

EP 3 172 319 B1

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
NYC just issued an emergency alert :

They need ANY licensed healthcare workers to support facilities in need.

Alert was -
Severity: Extreme
Urgency: Immediate
Response type: Shelter
Certainty: Observed
Alert Category: Geophysical

Where to sign up to help:

www1.nyc.gov...

edit on 3-4-2020 by HelloboysImbackguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: HelloboysImbackguy

I feel for people in new York and New Jersey they're copping it bad.

<< 330  331  332    334  335  336 >>

join