It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you doing anything differently because of Coronavirus?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   
i've been going and picking fights in the toilet paper aisle.
been thinking about starting a new UFC league, Mixed Toilet Paper and Martial Arts.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Nothing different than working from home per company instructions - at least for the coming week. Husband has to go to work so he is out everyday. If we want takeout we do it. We stay stocked because we are in a hurricane zone. Just went in with my brother to butcher a calf so half a beef in the freezer. I shop every week and always replace what I used the week before. Didn't get to replace a lot this week but no worries will replace it next week.

I do use Walmart online and the pickup. I've always hated shopping so been doing the online thing for as long as Walmart has had it.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

I am now smiling when filling up my gas tank.. which I do twice a week. The Chicago suburbs dropped under $2 per gallon today.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yep. Meanwhile small oil producers go broke.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I am now smiling when filling up my gas tank.. which I do twice a week. The Chicago suburbs dropped under $2 per gallon today.

Lucky. Gas prices where I'm at are practically the same.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Husband will be working from home a lot more per company directives.

I'm still doing what I do, just taking some care not spread anything around if I can help it. My place of work has issued zero anything about corona virus.

So far as we know, school is still on, but this coming week is Spring Break. Continuing school is day by day. They could announce extended closure literally any minute at this point.

Kiddo's marital arts is also sort of day by day. So far as we know, his tournament in early April is still a go, but I'm guessing it will be cancelled or postponed any day now.

We are supposed to be heading out to my parents' to help move some furniture, but we're nervous about it, and that's day by day at this point. We may go if cases remain low in this area, but if they spike, we'll cancel.

Family is planning to get together for Easter in April ... but again, that may end up cancelled or postponed.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Apparently eating nothing but pasta this week because the stores were bare and shipments were cancelled and everyone in the area is panicked and buying up everything...

I keep saying, it's not the virus that's gonna do us in, it's the panic and everything that comes with it...

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   
This weekend I went snowboarding, visited a brewery twice, went hiking, and did a lot of traveling.

I usually do not allow the liberal media and fear mongering democrats to ruin what precious little time I have in life.

I'm healthy and not worried about it.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

This in turn makes the construction industry go broke.

We do a lot of work at the refineries.

I see a whole lot of layoffs coming if something dont turn around really fast.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

I think this is going to be our condition for at least a month or two before things start to get back to normal again, and then it will take time to get all the kinks evened out and ramp back up. There will be ripples for a while.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   

But coal is doing real good. Lots of coal work out there.

Right?

right?

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Everyone can always learn to code.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Any one can code.

Personally, I love it. But granted, it's not for everyone.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   

But coal is doing real good. Lots of coal work out there.

Right?

right?

I have worked in two different coal fired powerhouses. One was just shut down. The other is one of the first "clean coal" plants. They spent so much on it, that it isn't going to shut down for a while.

But they are disappearing fast.

I haven't seen any solar farm jobs opening up, have you?

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   

That’s business. If they can’t compete - bye!

It’s not a commentary on right/wrong. It just is.
edit on 15-3-2020 by EnigmaChaser because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   

As long as it not wiping my arse differently or breathing in an uncouth manner ile be a happy bunny rabbit.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   

It just is.

I agree.
But one should be aware that what may benefit one, may not benefit others.

OneMustCare. Right?

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I live on my terrace now until we are allowed out again. Spanish government is cracking down hard.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
CouldCareLess would be more apt

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   
We went out shopping over the last three days, three different stores. To pick up supplies to stock up our pantry so we can cook if we can't get out much in the future. We went out today, and forgot the cream cheese....bummer, now we have to go out again tomorrow so we can make cinnamon rolls and have some for our bagels and for the dip for our corn chips. Damn, I am getting tired of shopping, been three days in a row we went out shopping.

I'm tired of all the running around during this pandemic crap. I wish the snow was gone too, it sucks when I can't work outside yet. It would be nice if we could put off the pandemic for another month.

We didn't stop at any restaurants at all this weekend, usually we go out and eat at least one day, but we had to pick up the son in law from the airport yesterday evening, so we just came home and made supper since it was late already.

Yeah, we seem to be going out more in this pandemic but we probably will not be going out much when the disease gets around here much. That is the plan.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join