It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First American in Washington State has died due to CoVID19

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   
So for those of us keeping score, it is now:

Flu - 10,000+
Coronavirus - 1

10,000 deaths in the United States from the flu in January 2020. Source

And for our slow witted liberal friends out there.. If you're in a panic over coronavirus, and still want open borders, you need to go have a mental evaluation done on yourself. It is for your own good. Something is CLEARLY wrong with you!
edit on 3/2/2020 by Gojira54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
just breaking 80,000 people have already died this year of heart disease.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Ok so why is everyone dieing in King County....

3 new deaths

So that makes a total of 5 CONFIRMED DEAD IN USA

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: circuitsports

Holy Crap! Headed out to get the eggs and milk and bringing my guns in case there are mobs!

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I don't understand all you cultists comparing a new and still escalating virus with plenty of remaining unknowns, to an existing one which has been around for years and we know how to handle.

It's like you just want any reason at all to be irrationally cynical.

"LMAO look at people being cautious in the face of a largely unknown threat xD"

Grow up for gods sake. Go play with your Lego while the adults figure this one out.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Grow up for gods sake. Go play with your Lego while the adults figure this one out.

Okay, Adult. What's your plan?

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: circuitsports

That’s why I smoke two packs a day and drink half a handle of vodka every night, because death kills 100% of people eventually, nothing we can do about it, no need to freak out!

[/sarcasm]

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Flu - 10,000+
Coronavirus - 1

And for our slow witted liberal friends out there.. If you're in a panic over coronavirus, and still want open borders, you need to go have a mental evaluation done on yourself. It is for your own good. Something is CLEARLY wrong with you!

I'm not sure if it would be possible for you to be more demeaning and a-holish to those who don't share your special brand of wisdom.

As far as your misbegotten numbers - this virus with an R0 of 2.5 to 5, and a fatality rate of 20 + times influenza, has in a SEASON the ability to kill more people than 40 flu seasons combined. Comparing a flu season with the outbreak of a new virus in the first 2 months is ridiculous. Do you understand exponential growth?

There has been 6 times as many deaths from this virus than your posted # since you posted this.. today.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gojira54

Flu - 10,000+
Coronavirus - 1

Flu stats are pretty worthless in the USA. Okay that might be a slight exaggeration. According to the CNBC article you posted there were 180,000 hospitalizations. Do you want to guess what the actual confirmed figure is?

A total of 15,319 laboratory-confirmed influenza-associated hospitalizations were reported by FluSurv-NET sites between October 1, 2019 and February 22, 2020 www.cdc.gov...

That figure is about 12x lower because the numbers you see quoted about the flu are based on modeling. The CDC also has the number of confirmed positive influenza results that number is 213,769 so far this season. That number is 168x lower than the reported 35.5 million. For this coronavirus we're using actual figures and they're getting close to the influenza numbers already. The CDC doesn't report actual death figures anymore, but the last time they did in 2009 the number was 3,433 for the whole season.

The CDC does report pediatric deaths or deaths of children up to 17 years old and the number this year is 125 which is higher than average. The worst year was again 2009 when the number was 282. The novel coronavirus has only been responsible for 1 death that we know of in this age range.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Aptom90

You

For this coronavirus we're using actual figures and they're getting close to the influenza numbers already.

Really. Do you have a source to cite other than yourself?

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85
I don't understand all you cultists comparing a new and still escalating virus with plenty of remaining unknowns, to an existing one which has been around for years and we know how to handle.

It's like you just want any reason at all to be irrationally cynical.

"LMAO look at people being cautious in the face of a largely unknown threat xD"

Becuse:

Normalcy bias, or normality bias:

is a tendency for people to believe that things will always function the way they normally have functioned and therefore to underestimate both the likelihood of a disaster and its possible effects.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

And what is being underestimated? Vs media driven fear. Seems there are contradictions abound?

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
Stock market will likely take another big drop on Monday once this death has circled the media all weekend.

If another victim succumbs on US soil before Monday, the drop will likely make heads swim.

Sincere condolences to the friends and family of the victim(s). We must make the loss of their life/lives a “wake up call” to the seriousness of this disease.

Yet the stock market does nothing when 60k die every year from "normal" flu.

Strange isn't it? It's like they know something we don't. The bankers gearing up knowing they might have to fund something.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

You

For this coronavirus we're using actual figures and they're getting close to the influenza numbers already.

Really. Do you have a source to cite other than yourself?

Sure. Remember Total flu deaths aren't available except for 2009 during the pandemic. The USA recorded 3,433 deaths which is pretty close to the figures seen so far for this coronavirus (3,134 ). Actually that's the figure on Wiki, but the CDC number for lab confirmed deaths is even lower at 2,498. www.cdc.gov...

The other point I was making is even though something like 35 million flu illnesses are estimated by the CDC the actual reported figures are not even in the same ballpark. The number I calculated was just over 200,000 which you can double check by adding all the influenza positive tests on flu view. gis.cdc.gov... There's nothing conspiratorial about that, it just means that lab reported figures are an underrepresentation of total flu illnesses which I can agree with. That said for this virus we aren't reporting estimates so comparing just the confirmed figures this one has hit almost half of the flu figures already. That's close compared to using the estimate of 35 million which is 380x higher than Ncov confirmed figures.
edit on 3-3-2020 by Aptom90 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   

From the CDC

www.cdc.gov...

Like to state what the margin of error is for the low end estimate of 18,000 flu related deaths.
edit on 3-3-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

So no. We have not came close to the number of Coronavirus deaths vs the margin of error of the estimated world wide annual flu deaths of 300,000 to 500,000.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

So no. We have not came close to the number of Coronavirus deaths vs the margin of error of the estimated world wide annual flu deaths of 300,000 to 500,000.

Those are only estimates though. I said if you compare confirmed figures only they are close, certainly closer. The most cited paper for flu deaths in 2009 published by the Lancet estimated deaths were underreported by 15x. Which is fine, but it shows the actual confirmed figures were much lower. just under 20,000 worldwide that season.

If you want to compare estimates which are more than 10 times higher than actual recorded figures that's fine. But then I could say the same about this coronavirus and say that the actual figures are more like 31,640 deaths so far. That's what you get by multiplying the number by 10x. It doesn't even need to be a conspiracy either because pneumonia deaths are common enough to reach those figures.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   
4 or 5 of the deaths in Washington was in an old folks home, but I think all had other serious conditions already. The bad part is many that have it show almost no symptoms and so they are walking typhoid Marys by being contagious and not knowing it.

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

9 deaths now. Oh, I see you mean just out of the elderly care facility.

I heard that there are also 2 males in their 20s currently hospitalized. I didn't think Washington would get hit so hard.
edit on 3-3-2020 by Aptom90 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Again. For the USA

Now. For the USA. What are the number of Coronavirus deaths. Vs the number that die annually in the USA from the flu. The low end estimate is 18,000. It seems the high end estimate is 46,000.

What is the margin of error for the low end estimate flu deaths of the 18,000. Vs the USA Coronavirus deaths.

edit on 3-3-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join