It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First American in Washington State has died due to CoVID19

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

I don't think you understood his comment at all. He is saying Asians brought it into the US, all the original cases are of Asian descent. They 'carried' it into the US, he is not using the term carrier in the way you think he is I believe.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
Saying that Asians are the carriers is fear mongering at best, and targeted scape-goating at worse.

What kind of Politically Correct virtue signaling are you trying to get across here?

Of course Asians are floating this stuff all over the place. Where was the initial outbreak?

The lack of common sense in some people ...

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I also saw that it was reported as a Male patient but then the governor removed the gender of the patient from the statement

My local news channel posted an article about it WBNG News

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Apparently I drew the short straw today on ATS so was assigned debunking. The first death is a male, not a female.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

a reply to: Deplorable

There isn't any virtue signaling crappos in what I said. I just think that we shouldn't push any blame on any one nationality. At the first sings of this virus there was strong indication that the virus had came out of Canada before going to China. Was an Asian behind that as well, it should also be pointed out that some of the cases in the US are from people that are not from Asian Descent. They may have traveled from there, but that negates the point that was made.

Deplorable, I may have misconstrewed the meaning of what you said, but I was only pointing out the obvious thought that people who read it might think. Also it's being pushed around quite a bit now that China designed the virus to "take out people of European Descent" by groups that are shall we say ... racist as f*** So don't tak eit from me that people are spreading crap about this virus that needs to be tampt down.

Just a reminder to everyone on ATS: I live in Washington State, the place where the first person infected with the virus came in to the US. I'm not an expert, but I am keeping an eye of this because I'm not far from the epicenter of all the action is (I know some people here are much much closer than I am though)

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

The information about Washington is confusing because you have two patients with it in their 50s, and with the limited information they are allowed to release, that can easily be confused.

Last night they had 2 cases confirmed: 1 teen male and 1 woman in her 50s. Both had been sent home and seemed to be doing well there and were being monitored.

Then news broke of a death and more cases.

Then it turns out the death is a male in his 50s.

So with two patients who have their ages in common, it's easy to get the sexes swapped.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Yes, yes, yes ... it was racist to restrict flights from China too.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

WA state originally said male, then changed male to 'Washingtonian". That change suggests some confusion and going gender neutral to make it right either way. I wouldn't be surprised if that confusion led to them telling Trump one thing and the Governor another.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

WOW! that isn't what I said. Regional communities doesn't equal race, does it. If I flew from an Ebola affected area and stopped at your house with a cough, you would be concerned (assuming that you invited me over in this hypothetical). So no, restricting a flight from an area of known infection is not the same as saying that a nationality is the carriers of the virus.

Let's get back on topic:
Now that a death in the US has been presented, will the Media try and hype this event to fear mongering status, or will they see the issue as an attempt to inform people of the facts?

I think we all know the answer to this, but it would be interesting to see what people think. Personally I think local news outlets will be providing the best information with national new stations just banging the drums of fear.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

It wouldn't surprise me with Inslee if that's exactly what he did. I corrected my earlier by adding in the info at the bottom about the correct gender of the person. The issue that bugs me is that the family of the man that died was counseled about, but the health officials weren't clear if they tested any of the family members that were taking care of the man for the virus.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
"All elements of dates (except year) for dates directly related to an individual, including birth date, admission date, discharge date, date of death; and all ages over 89 and all elements of dates (including year) indicative of such age, except that such ages and elements may be aggregated into a single category of age 90 or older;"

Interesting, so, sex, nationality and age (89 and under) is ok to release - so they should just release it.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   

This is like saying that because most terrorists are Muslim, everyone will be afraid of every Muslim.

The fact is that right now, people traveling out of Asia are most likely to be the ones who will show up with corona virus. Even Iran is still Asian.

Is it pushing fear that my husband's company has had a standing travel ban for all of Asia for over a month now? Is it pushing fear that they just added similar restriction for the EU?

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think we both agree on this issue, if not just pm me about it.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
So if the airline industry employees went on strike for hazard pay and better working conditions would this be a good time to ground all flights?

All sea going trips would need to be a mandatory 2 weeks and mandatory CT scans on arrival. CT scans appear to be a good lung distress indicator.

Could be a way to get the power into the people and away from money men.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
My theory, and I could be wrong but I've been right a lot since this started (with info I've given to my husband and a small group of online friends), is that he was a healthy male. It is perfectly fine to release age and if they had underlying health issues... so I think they would make a point of saying something about it. I think for panic reasons they are leaving that info out of the news.

It was a man and he was in his 50's. That's all we know and we don't even know if that info is true. I have posted a couple of times about the live stream news report I saw at noon central time today but it's been skipped over.

The reporter was outside of the hospital where this person died (Evergreen in King county). She said that two people came to the hospital on Friday having trouble breathing. Whether they were together or not wasn't clear to me. One of those two people died today and the other was now in isolation. What I find unnerving is that this man only spent one day/night in the hospital before dying. IS THIS CORRECT INFO? I have no idea but I know what I heard her say. She had a copy of the letter the hospital sent out to it's staff too.... which she read a sentence or two from.

The camera was on before she started this so I saw all of her chat about audio and stuff and then the camera was still on when she finished and walked out of view. A passerby asked her something and she said "CORONAVIRUS" fairly excitedly (not a good excited) then she said "THEY DIED!" (something pertaining to them dying - can't remember an exact quote only that she seemed kinda freaked out and was basically shouting about it).

Anyway, my point is he was a new case.... from what I heard today. I'm not sure that will be widely reported and I have no idea how to find a copy of that live stream. It was on KIRO 7 news around noon central time

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I don't trust the news anymore. The regular flu kills way more people than this thing. It's getting media hyped and scare mongered for a reason. It'll end up being another swine or bird flu media driven panic.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: korath

Hopefully it won't be bad, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: korath
I don't trust the news anymore. The regular flu kills way more people than this thing. It's getting media hyped and scare mongered for a reason. It'll end up being another swine or bird flu media driven panic.

Why would you ever trust the MSM? Research yourself.

IMO, no-one is fear-mongering. This community is on top of this. Bringing real and revalent information.

Da Nile is Not just a river in Egypt.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
Stock market will likely take another big drop on Monday once this death has circled the media all weekend.

Liberal media says prepare for a "blood bath" on Wall Street all next week. They love seeing Americans hurt. Sick bastards.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Wow! When did we hit 71!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join