It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 244
<< 241  242  243    245  246  247 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin
a reply to: Anynamedangit

It’s unfortunate your post was ignored. I am from SC as well, welcome to ATS. I heard last night about the two cases here. I hope they are ok.

South Carolinian too, checking in! I was born in Kershaw County, but don't live there currently. My 89 year old mother and one sister still live there however. Hope the woman did not go to their church. Churches are huge gathering places of folks sometimes sitting shoulder to shoulder (especially in the choir loft) so they have the potential to be havens of spread, unfortunately.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Important public service announcement from Texas (a joke), but just in case singing happy birthday doesn't illustrate it, this might.

I think it takes even longer than that! After doing that, for three days if I touch my eyes, they burn from the jalapenos. But that meme is a good method to visualize what needs to be done.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Triple figures on one site a least, won't be long for the other sites to add up.

The coronavirus COVID-19 is affecting 100 countries and territories around the world

www.worldometers.info...
edit on 7-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: spelling and stuff

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

We will generally have someone with the sniffles or a cough, but this is the first time in my 7.5yrs there I've noticed much going on. I know a few of the guys had some illness going on, but since we don't share break areas I am really not sure of how many. We upped our use of Lysol spray and wipes on tables.

There are Asian visitors in and out of our plant on a very regular basis. It took until the end of Feb for my company to stop travel to/from China. Rumors were going around about a guy in office for 2 days before someone thought about that being a bad idea, but again..... rumor. It was also after all this went thru us, so i don't know what to think.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: alphacenturi
If this is ‘just the flu’, she would seem to be overreacting just a tad, no?

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: asdfa
a reply to: butcherguy

Ask him if he plans on abandoning his post

Although if he comes down with it, you might have to ask him during hospital visiting hours.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

Thanks for the welcome! Yes, i hope they recover quickly and it was caught early enough! I can't imagine the fear!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
New poster here.

South Carolinian.

Traveling from Charleston to Greenville this morning I passed 8 military convoys on I 26. Within these convoys were
around 25 Humvees with Avenger Missile batteries attached. Enforcing "No Fly/"

Generators, Medical trucks, transports, and nondescript "red vans" too.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Its fine to talk about conspiracy theories; but they do still need to make logical sense. Its not rational to think this particular virus will threaten nuclear power plants

Then I will talk conspiracy theories, like the one that is discussed on these threads that the body doesn’t build antibodies against this virus, and when you get it again, it is worse. Or after you recover, you fall over dead a few days later.

And to answer your question about hospitalization, it means that you are in a hospital, not working in a nuclear power plant.
It matters not if the hospitalized patient is comatose or awake.
edit on b000000312020-03-07T13:25:30-06:0001America/ChicagoSat, 07 Mar 2020 13:25:30 -0600100000020 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CarpeArabica

going inland to Savannah River nuclear bomb builder facility ??

I brought that up a day or so ago

been in SC since 1968 birthday at the Beach vacation

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   

It’s a drill weekend for SC. My buddy just told me.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Seen plenty of convoys around here, don't recall seeing any red vans traveling with them, ever.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CarpeArabica
New poster here.

South Carolinian.

Traveling from Charleston to Greenville this morning I passed 8 military convoys on I 26. Within these convoys were
around 25 Humvees with Avenger Missile batteries attached. Enforcing "No Fly/"

Generators, Medical trucks, transports, and nondescript "red vans" too.

So you saw a military convoy in a part of the country where there are a number of Military bases over a weekend.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anynamedangit

Seen plenty of convoys around here, don't recall seeing any red vans traveling with them, ever.

Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it isn't normal or hasn't happened before.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   
From the French Live feed (Still going after The Guardian and BBC went offline
) :

The RATP (French Parisian Underground/Bus Company) have announced that they will be regularly playing audio messages about standard hygeine, in line with Govt instructions :
- Cough in elbow
- Use single usage tissues
- Wash hands frequently
- Do not shake hands.

20h12.
www.20minutes.fr...

France still at 949(+296) and 16 Dead (+7)
edit on 7-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I know that. I even realize that it's quite possible I've just never noticed it. No need to be nasty! Have a good day!!

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Uber to offer drivers 14 days sick leave if sickened or quarantined due to coronavirus

It’s an adjustment in plan for the ride-share solution, which sees such employees as independent professionals not qualified for advantages.
“We are supporting drivers and delivery people who are diagnosed with COVID-19 or placed in quarantine by a public health authority,” Andrew Macdonald, elderly vice head of state of Rides as well as Platform, stated in a declarationSaturday “Drivers and delivery people in these situations will receive compensation for a period of up to 14 days. This has already begun in some markets and we are working to implement mechanisms to do this worldwide. We believe this is the right thing to do.”

The firm did not claim just how much cash employees that require to take sick leave will certainly get.

Source

With so many people dependent on gig employment that offers no benefits like sick time....employers and governments everywhere are going to need to consider how folks will survive weeks or longer off work. While we're bailing out Wall Street, we need to consider people who live paycheck to paycheck with little or no sick days allotted. No amount drivers will receive indicated in this story but, good on Uber for operning the dialogue and stepping into this effort.
edit on 7-3-2020 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anynamedangit
a reply to: opethPA

I know that. I even realize that it's quite possible I've just never noticed it. No need to be nasty! Have a good day!!

I don't think anything I said was nasty but rather just factual so I am sorry you read it that way.

Have a good day!

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Even Elbow-Bumping Is Too Intimate to Ward Off Coronavirus

Pence greets Gov. Jay Inslee in Washington state March 5 with elbow bump amid coronavirus concerns

Elbow-bumping was just beginning to become a thing -- even global leaders were doing it rather than kiss or shake hands as a safe means of greeting. But now, it’s apparently too risky.

The World Health Organization’s Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, the official leading the charge against the coronavirus outbreak, said on Twitter Saturday he favors a more distant sort of salute.

He tweeted, "When greeting people, best to avoid elbow bumps because they put you within 1 meter of the other person. I like to put my hand on my heart when I greet people these days."

Source

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Panic buying has begun in our local supermarket, low/no stock on a lot of things. Toilet paper almost all gone, freezer section practically empty, bleach gone, tins nearly all gone. Ibuprofen and general meds nearly all gone.

Midlands UK

It’s everywhere now on my social media, lots of people are talking about it... I’d say half are the ‘it’s just flu’ people.

top topics

<< 241  242  243    245  246  247 >>

join