It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 270
<< 267  268  269    271  272  273 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
British MSM seems to be starting to report more and and making it seem slightly more alarming then they have been..

disease x?

italy hunts super spreader

FTSE100 fall

how close to a pandemic?

SKY virus outbreak in realtime

Theres more too.. maybe this is the start of the drip feeding to us, however theres been a definite marked increase in the reporting this past few days.

edit on 24-2-2020 by BowBells because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Now that I see the US Senators are going to be getting a briefing about corona virus that we peons aren’t going to be privy to, I am convinced that no good will coming to us.

I propose a name for our upcoming quarantine.... ‘deadly vacation’.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Now that I see the US Senators are going to be getting a briefing about corona virus that we peons aren’t going to be privy to, I am convinced that no good will coming to us.

To be fair, the explanation for that being a closed door briefing is plausibly not nefarious. The reasoning was stated as being to permit Senators to ask question that may pertain to top secret information... the feds are using military bases for the quarantines, I'm sure some of the capacity and functionality of individual bases, including what facilities they have available, aren't public record and probably should remain off the public record.

It definitely creates the perception that there's issues afoot we aren't being informed of, though.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: butcherguy

To be fair, the explanation for that being a closed door briefing is plausibly not nefarious. The reasoning was stated as being to permit Senators to ask question that may pertain to top secret information... the feds are using military bases for the quarantines, I'm sure some of the capacity and functionality of individual bases, including what facilities they have available, aren't public record and probably should remain off the public record.

It definitely creates the perception that there's issues afoot we aren't being informed of, though.

Since this is the first official briefing I will be paying close attention to Cotton and Parker's actions/statements after.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

I am here tetra. Let’s party baby and corono it up!! Just kidding, I am terrified and finally convinced my wife to stop going.

edit on 24-2-2020 by JSpader because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Oh, Trump is on this? Wow, we are saved I guess.

Trump Has Sabotaged America's Response to the Coronavirus Pandemic

I mean.. aside from cutting funding and jobs from everything that is important to responding to this, I'm sure he is totally all over this. And as he said, the stock market is looking great! Only down 1k today, not bad at all.
edit on 24-2-2020 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

I just don't think that is fair to him (keep in mind I did not vote for him). Our country is trillions in debt and something had to be cut....you think the Military Industrial Complex is going to allow them have less money...lol...not a chance.

For probably the first time in a long time, people in my country will have to decide what we should be spending money. I hopeful this at least cuts the US voyeurism around the globe....not likely. We should be closing departments in this country not expanding them. With that said, a CDC like entity should be funded with the money we send overseas....time some other countries step up to the role of the world's policeman.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: GlobalGold

I got this ATS...

Deep State Shill: “Good Morning Senators, thank you for being here. We are facing a crisis, a possible panic to be sure. The markets are getting hit hard....”

Senator: “Wait. Wasn’t this a coronavirus briefing?” I’m confused”

DSS: “Well yeah, we are kinda concerned about that, but it’s the financial markets we are worried about. This is grave. We cannot have this in an election year. It’ll shake the faith in the foundation that is our democratic system.”

Senator: “Um what about constituent safety and stuff...?”

DSS: “Well, that’s it for now, we’re outta time!
We’ll keep you updated as the markets continue to slide. Good luck on your elections this year, and May the Odds be forever in your favor!”

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
More telling than the market itself is the fact that the 30-year US Treasury yield is now in uncharted territory at 1.84%. The 10 year is dropping as well. We saw the dreaded yield curve inversion when China first started applying lockdowns in January, but the 10-year picked back up in very early Feb when it appeared this virus may be confined to China. Friday and today show a very large number of investors seeking the 10 and 30 year shelters... that's a very bad omen that usually precedes an actual recession.
www.treasury.gov...

ETA: I realize this isn't exactly a "Coronavirus update" as it is economic news first and foremost, but investors tend to keep their fingers on the pulse of world events more than many politicians and average citizens do. Today's market activity is absolutely a direct indication that Wall Street feels the worst of this has not yet passed. I think they gave China time... even if China had come out today and said "All clear, we're going to reopen for business next week" we'd have seen significant selling. The market selling is as much a result of a month without China manufacturing anything as it is a measure of future fear... simply put, investors kicked the can down the road a few weeks rather than taking losses when it was first realized that China would be missing production deliveries and that impact would go well beyond China. The yields are the concerning part here... the Treasury is dropping yields precipitously and it isn't squelching demand. That indicates investors are looking to lock up their money for the next 10 years at rates that are well beneath inflation... it's costing them money to save their money, but they fear even greater losses in the short term and in the markets. That's how serious the Coronavirus is where the economy is concerned.

True about not being specific to the virus but it is all related and at the end of the day we are all here to find out at what point do I really need to worry and protect me and mine. Money moving is a clue to me and warranted to be factored in.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
New case in Tenerife. An Italian doctor on holiday. Doesn't say how long he's been there or who he is with. BNO reporting.
edit on 2/24/2020 by checkmeout because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Speaking of Trump (something I don't enjoy doing) -- Isn't he in India - in a stadium of 100K - shaking hands and not eating cows and whatnot? No protection? Seems pretty risky if it's as contagious and deadly as some are postulating?

Doesn't seem like the type of guy that would risk his own well being.

Curious.
edit on vpm02p42Mon, 24 Feb 2020 16:42:11 -0600pm309 by vampira309 because: words

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I Just got a Flight physical done today, was asking the doc how the flu was this year, he said it’s terrible and he jokingly said to hold my breath and not touch anything. Anyways I asked him his thoughts on this coronavirus, he said they were kinda joking about it a while back, he hesitated, and said “it’s not looking good now, that they are concerned.” I did not pry any more questions, trying to stay professional.

Anyways, for what that’s worth to anyone out here in the south east USA and beyond.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Suspect1776

Thanks for that. … hold that thought. I must read that abstract before commenting further.

The abstract quoted for reference:

"
Towards a coronavirus-based HIV multigene vaccine.

Eriksson KK1, Makia D, Maier R, Ludewig B, Thiel V.

Author information

Abstract

Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection represents one of the major health threats in the developing world. The costly treatment of infected individuals with multiple highly efficient anti-HIV drugs is only affordable in industrialized countries. Thus, an efficient vaccination strategy is required to prevent the further spread of the infection. The molecular biology of coronaviruses and particular features of the human coronavirus 229E (HCoV 229E) indicate that HCoV 229E-based vaccine vectors can become a new class of highly efficient vaccines. First, the receptor of HCoV 229E, human aminopeptidase N (hAPN or CD13) is expressed mainly on human dendritic cells (DCs) and macrophages indicating that targeting of HCoV 229E-based vectors to professional antigen presenting cells can be achieved by receptor-mediated transduction. Second, HCoV 229E structural genes can be replaced by multiple transcriptional units encoding various antigens. These virus-like particles (VLPs) containing HCoV 229E-based vector RNA have the ability to transduce human DCs and to mediate heterologous gene expression in these cells. Finally, coronavirus infections are associated with mainly respiratory and enteric diseases, and natural transmission of coronaviruses occurs via mucosal surfaces. In humans, HCoV 229E causes common cold by infecting the upper respiratory tract. HCoV 229E infections are mainly encountered in children and re-infection occurs frequently in adults. It is thus most likely that pre-existing immunity against HCoV 229E will not significantly impact on the vaccination efficiency if HCoV 229E-based vectors are used in humans."

Okay, I don't know if I am legally allowed to have posted that entire abstract from the original work of these scientists, but I am going to leave it up here on ATS until deleted, because that is what I read, and all that I can base my further opinion on.

My further opinion is that there is CERTAINLY a motive to engineer coronaviruses to try to develop a vaccine for HIV.

That is a reason to work on both viruses in labs simultaneously, potentially.

I won't speculate further. *drops the microphone*

edit on 24-2-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: still digesting it

edit on 24-2-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: .

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JSpader
a reply to: fleabit

I just don't think that is fair to him (keep in mind I did not vote for him). Our country is trillions in debt and something had to be cut....you think the Military Industrial Complex is going to allow them have less money...lol...not a chance.

Cutting millions from critical programs while tossing billions at the war machine isn't the way to do it. I really don't want to get into politics in this thread, but imo Trump's agenda pretty much consisted of removing anything Obama put into place. Since it was the Obama administration that built up the funds and staff for these relevant positions due to the Ebola crisis (and a fear we were not prepared for a pandemic), I believe that was solely why it was hacked by the current admin.

Could be wrong - but people at the time said it was unwise to reduce funding for this and other critical functions, but.. it did not matter. Now.. it matters.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

Right, because elected officials are all about constituent safety. The only reason they care about this virus is because it might affect their reelection campaign.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Besides Australia does anyone knows how many other countries in southern hemisphere has cases reported please? Tks

link   
a reply to: Phelan15

You clearly don’t know how I roll in here....

Thanks for reading though....

link   

originally posted by: BowBells
British MSM seems to be starting to report more and and making it seem slightly more alarming then they have been..

disease x?

italy hunts super spreader

FTSE100 fall

how close to a pandemic?

SKY virus outbreak in realtime

Theres more too.. maybe this is the start of the drip feeding to us, however theres been a definite marked increase in the reporting this past few days.

Sky News just reported that CoVid-19 is less of a threat than seasonal flu. Thousands a year die in the UK alone from seasonal flu. So Coronavirus - nothing to worry about.

Just can’t stop myself wondering why China has responded so vigorously to something less potent than flu, and why they’ve lied so thoroughly about the death toll. Weird.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Morning/evening ats members.
Just wanted to let you know about this that is recent news in Hokkaido, Japan. The worst hit area of Japan with the corona virus:

New type pneumonia, issue of securing beds to be accepted 94 beds in Hokkaido, lack of staff Experts "Switch to priority for severe cases"
This type of news is for real all through Japan. Although we have some state -of -the - art medical facilities, that just isn't all so true throughout Japan. Notice it mentions "experts", well this as we all know exist in every country now that has to deal with the virus crises happening in their country. The situation here has change from see a doctor now to don't go to the hospital. Stay at home, if temperature is 37.6 or more for 4 days call the hot line for further "whatever". Keep in mind we also have 2.2 million foreigners here. Language problems can arise. As it stated above " hospitals will just have to turn away patients that are not critically ill". Currently we have a virus task force now in full swing. They are setting guide lines as to what to expect and how to handle any personal crises or medical crises.

Right now, here in the transportation business of taxi drivers, they have been told its best not to go to work if you are 60 or above. This problem is serious since I personally have never seen a young taxi driver in my city here. No taxi or limited taxi service is a very big set-back for senior citizens. Many go to the grocery store by taxi.

top topics

<< 267  268  269    271  272  273 >>

join