It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 269
<< 266  267  268    270  271  272 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

My prediction: It closes today at 27,920.

Closed at 27,962... I was damn close.

Damn! Maybe I should hire you to manage my stocks!

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Bicent
A 3.24% drop is not worthy of panic. If the market sustains drops of that measure for a few days, or if we see a greater than 10% overall drop, then it is concerning. The lead up to the Great Recession saw multiple days of 7+% drops.

I agree, no panic here, just noticing the over due correction.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

bnonews.com...

There are currently 79,773 confirmed cases worldwide, including 2,628 fatalities.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
Are you not paying attention?

Yes... I am. Why do you seem so offended by my questions?

Are you not reading the same news we are?

I don't know what news you, or anyone else here, reads.

What is a lot of numbers to you anyways?

I didn't say 'a lot of numbers'. I said the numbers do not appear to be increasing exponentially... you know, doubling every 2-4 days, or whatever.

Is it enough to shut down parts of Italy, South Korea, Iran? Is it enough to still have millions of people in China on lockdown. Oh, because its china, that's different?

I'm merely pointing out that what is happening in China does not appear to be happening elsewhere. Oh - and we do not actually know what is going on there, either. Maybe there are millions dead... and maybe it is as it is being reported. I imagine it is somewhere in between.

Mainly I'm pointing out there is no huge increase in the rest of the world. Italy and Iran are concerning, for sure... but time will tell.

Just curious because as you sit and say the same thing over and over, the numbers are climbing my friend.

Yes, they are... one here... one there... we've been at 15 here in the US for how long now?

Maybe not as fast as China, but it seems to me, from what I and a whole lot of other people are seeing, it us affecting the globe. Is it not?

A bit, yes - but again, not with anywhere near anything that could be described as 'exponentially increasing numbers'.

Besides you still seem to be stuck on the fact that the authorities are gonna tell us the whole story anyways.

No, I'm stuck on the fact that 'the authorities' outside of China or places like NK wouldn't be able to hide a massive, exponential increase in numbers like they can in China, NK, etc.

Please tell me again how the market is doing today?

It is taking a hit due to the issues regarding interrupted supply chains. It is expected. I'm surprised it didn't happen last week.

Why in the world would the authorities tell us how many cases there are for certain. New york and Florida already said they are not telling.

Apparently a large majority of cases remain asymptomatic. A small percentage get cold/flu like symptoms, then get over it, and many of those may not even go to a doctor (I never go to a doctor for cold/flu symptoms), though many more may do so out of fear of this thing. And a smaller percentage have serious problems, but virtually all of those have underlying health issues and/or compromised immune systems.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
"Clinical course and outcomes of critically ill patients with SARS-CoV-2 pneumonia in Wuhan, China: a single-centered, retrospective, observational study"
Lancet paper - Feb 24, 2020.

“The mortality of critically ill patients with SARS-CoV-2 pneumonia is considerable. The survival time of the non-survivors is likely to be within 1–2 weeks after ICU admission”

About 2-3 weeks after hospital admission.

On thing to note about this study is the cutoff date was Jan 12, 2020.

It’s very early in the Chinese epidemic. Around the time of the first cohort so there might be some systematic biases for older people being sampled.

Still useful observations.

“The survival time of non-survivors is likely to be within 1–2 weeks after ICU admission.”

“The severity of SARS-CoV-2 pneumonia poses great strain on critical care resources in hospitals, especially if they are not adequately staffed or resourced.”

link   
Article from 2006 on a coronavirus-based HIV multigene vaccine. I had a hard time understanding what they were saying but from what I understand it is similar to the Wuhan virus. I was wondering if any internet doctors could give me their take on this.

Article: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

link   

Infected numbers have been struggling to break the 80,000 barrier for almost a week. Either China stopped counting or they've contained the virus through their Draconian measures.

Pft.. I don't trust their #s at all. When they were at 14k cases, the # of infected they reported was 3k a day give or take like clockwork. And aside from a one day jump where they changed their reporting criteria, it's been 3k a day since. Which is pretty much impossible. It makes no sense that 3k would catch it at 14k - and 3k would still only catch it when 5 times more people are infected. I know availability of testing kits was a thing for a while, but unless they are still using that as an excuse, their #s are worthless to use as a gauge for anything.

How quickly it spreads can be seen in Italy, SK and Iran. It is exponential. Not a static 3k a day.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
More telling than the market itself is the fact that the 30-year US Treasury yield is now in uncharted territory at 1.84%. The 10 year is dropping as well. We saw the dreaded yield curve inversion when China first started applying lockdowns in January, but the 10-year picked back up in very early Feb when it appeared this virus may be confined to China. Friday and today show a very large number of investors seeking the 10 and 30 year shelters... that's a very bad omen that usually precedes an actual recession.
www.treasury.gov...

ETA: I realize this isn't exactly a "Coronavirus update" as it is economic news first and foremost, but investors tend to keep their fingers on the pulse of world events more than many politicians and average citizens do. Today's market activity is absolutely a direct indication that Wall Street feels the worst of this has not yet passed. I think they gave China time... even if China had come out today and said "All clear, we're going to reopen for business next week" we'd have seen significant selling. The market selling is as much a result of a month without China manufacturing anything as it is a measure of future fear... simply put, investors kicked the can down the road a few weeks rather than taking losses when it was first realized that China would be missing production deliveries and that impact would go well beyond China. The yields are the concerning part here... the Treasury is dropping yields precipitously and it isn't squelching demand. That indicates investors are looking to lock up their money for the next 10 years at rates that are well beneath inflation... it's costing them money to save their money, but they fear even greater losses in the short term and in the markets. That's how serious the Coronavirus is where the economy is concerned.

edit on 24-2-2020 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: tennisdawg

Thank you and if something that nasty does exist I would rather play with the less virulent version. I think we’re participating in a multi institution vaccine development trial or some type of targeted therapy, not sure yet though until they plan the start up meeting.

I do hope you combine all of your data into one thread and tell your story from beginning to end, stuff like this is why I used to always read this site. It’s interesting and sometimes, even if it’s a portion, these things have some truth to them. Plus news is usually weeks or months faster here because people are from all over.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   
One BIG reason why people are not getting tested in the US... Who's paying?

"A Miami man who flew to China worried he might have coronavirus. He may owe thousands"
amp.miamiherald.com...

Being from the UK, I was ignorant (til a few years ago) of just how bonkers the US health system is i.e. how much it costs!

The man in the article thought he had flu, but with everything going on, thought he should get it confirmed as flu to be safe and responsible. Insurance has been billed $3,270. ONLY $1400 for him. /sarc

This was after he had to persuade them to just test for flu first, otherwise it would have been full on isolation while waiting for nCoV test, then eventually testing for flu.

If 90% of cases aren't critical, I reckon there's a good chance you will never hear about 89.999% of cases in the US.

Edit to add: It reads as though he might actually have to pay the full $3,270 unless he can provide 3 years medical records... To prove that the flu wasn't a pre-existing condition!

edit on 24-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: added hilarity

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67
One BIG reason why people are not getting tested in the US... Who's paying?

"A Miami man who flew to China worried he might have coronavirus. He may owe thousands"
amp.miamiherald.com...

Being from the UK, I was ignorant (til a few years ago) of just how bonkers the US health system is i.e. how much it costs!

The man in the article thought he had flu, but with everything going on, thought he should get it confirmed as flu to be safe and responsible. Insurance has been billed $3,270. ONLY $1400 for him. /sarc

This was after he had to persuade them to just test for flu first, otherwise it would have been full on isolation while waiting for nCoV test, then eventually testing for flu.

If 90% of cases aren't critical, I reckon there's a good chance you will never hear about 89.999% of cases in the US.

Lol that’s a good point.. I bet a corona virus test costs 5000 dollars..

Good point...

(post by Strifingsoul removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Its time to buy more supplies!!

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

A LOT of people will stay home for this very reason...they can't afford the hospital.

I won't even tell you what my
Da Vinci(robot) hysterectomy cost.

Edit..meaning it, the cost, was ridiculous
edit on 24-2-2020 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Frank Plummer – Canadian Scientist Key To Coronavirus Investigation Assassinated In Africa

greatgameindia.com...

Dr. Xiangguo Qiu – Chinese Biological Warfare Agent ?

Dr. Xiangguo Qiu is a Chinese biological warfare agent caught smuggling Coronavirus and other lethal viruses from Canada’s National Microbiology Laboratory to China in a case of a Biological Espionage.

In July 2019, a rare event occurred in Canada, whereby a group of Chinese virologists were forcibly dispatched from the Canadian National Microbiology Laboratory (NML) in Winnipeg, a facility they worked in, running parts of the Special Pathogen Programme of Canada’s Public Health Agency. Experimental infections – including aerogenic ones – of monkeys with the most lethal viruses found on Planet Earth

greatgameindia.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   

The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!

TRUMP

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent

The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!

TRUMP

Yeah I mean. What should he say. Maybe mark his words. We will see if this was lies and nonsense in 1-2 months. Todays fall of dow by over 1.000 points is really looking good. Certain other stuff is looking good as well *eyeroll*
)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
First time posting a reply to: Bicent I have followed ATS sunce 2009. This comment is what is making me post after all this time. Something stinks, this TWEET literally makes me not trust our president..(I am a huge TRUMP FAN) i swear they dont want panic (they being government) i take everything with a grain of salt but i dont like how he is brushing off this crisis

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Strifingsoul

I think that is the first time he tweeted about it.. 🤷‍♂️ It’s just an update. POTUS letting us know they are watching it..

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: Strifingsoul

I think that is the first time he tweeted about it.. 🤷‍♂️ It’s just an update. POTUS letting us know they are watching it..

Yes and it is making me feel like he is a total puppet. Sadly. Just saying. Not even telling people to be cautious etc.. something stinks here.
edit on 24-2-2020 by Strifingsoul because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 266  267  268    270  271  272 >>

join