It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas dad fights to save 7 year old son from female hormone therapy and chemical castration .

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown
Mom, can I stay up a little past my bedtime and watch SpongeBob?

No, you have to get up early for Gender Reassignment.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Kalamitous

Without knowing the truth in this case, there really are some genuine trans kids and if this child is one, the dad has made their life hella more difficult than just being trans ever could have

I would say that the permanent chemical castration of a 7 year old child is worse than anything the father has done up to this point.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

W.T.F?

2nd line..

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I hope the 7 yo girl get her treatment , avoiding all the suffering other girls like her ended up with because there were no helped it time.

transgenderism is a development disorder , were the brain gender and the body gender don't match ; no one would have considered the treatment if they didn't think it would make the girl's life better.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

First paragraph ?

She’s trying to stop him from going through puberty .

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I know.

That was just my reaction to this sick sad world.

"2nd line" is an old ATS way of saying there's not much else to say.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat
I would say that the permanent chemical castration of a 7 year old child is worse than anything the father has done up to this point.

Absolutely hilarious and the perfect example of someone getting sucked into this hysteria and spouting off a meritless opinion based on non-existent knowledge and not having the faintest clue what they're talking about.

Even those children that are clearly and unquestionably transgender and are fully supported by both of their parents do not receive any chemical or medical intervention other than professional guidance and counseling before the age of puberty. In most cases for boys, this is around 12 and none of this is done casually, on a whim or on demand.

Some of these children that have shown consistency and persistence in their cross-gender identity often over years or their entire lifetime may be put on puberty blocking drugs which temporarily presses the pause button on the development of natal secondary sex characteristics. Nothing is being forced on them and they themselves are the ones that beg to not have to go through a puberty that doesn’t feel right for them. If you have children, how would your daughter feel about growing facial hair and getting a deep voice or your son feel about growing breasts?

Oh wait, maybe your 11 year old daughter might not be old enough to know the thought of growing a beard was horrifying and she should wait until she was an adult just to be sure.

Although not studied long term and I’m sure someone will chime in with an alarmist opinion, many thousands of children have been put on this protocol in the 20 years it has been in use and it is considered safe and since they themselves don’t cause permanent changes, if these “blockers” are discontinued, pubertal development will resume as normal. Even if there are risks involved, they have to be weighed against the potential outcomes of untreated gender dysphoria which alone can do devastating emotional and psychological damage.

To clarify this scenario, if the child in this story is put on puberty suppression at 12 for say two years and then at 14 decides being a boy is okay and discontinues them, he will by all accounts undergo the normal male puberty that has been put on hold. There is no proof this affects sterility and describing this as “chemical castration” is only meant to be intentionally inflammatory.

It’s pretty sad how some of the most highly opinionated people in these matters are the ones most poorly informed.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I hate when I see 95% of the post all on the same page. All the sites I visit, people also are on the same page.

Its very frustrating when you see 95% feel the same way and they still cater to this small group of radicals

Its just so wrong

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Its child abuse. There is not enough science to prove otherwise. You are advocating for child abuse. Otherwise, we might as well allow 7 year olds to vote, drive, or buy guns.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24
Thanks for your opinion. I'm sure you mean well but you're making a false equivalence based on a very poor understanding of and no experience with those that afflicted with this condition.

7 year olds can't vote, drive or buy guns but they can die of cancer or leukemia or any number of other things that a parent would be remiss and criminally negligent to ignore so why would you suggest the parents of a child with medically diagnosed and observable suffering from gender dysphoria simply cross their fingers, ignore it and hope it goes away because you don't understand it or think it's real?

Remember, nobody is giving this kid drugs and IF that happens, it's years down the road.

I’m curious what you would do if your child had this problem? If it was me, I’d look pretty closely at some of the information that is available.

Mental Health and Self-Worth in Socially Transitioned Transgender Youth

Mental Health of Transgender Children Who Are Supported in Their Identities

Trans kids massively benefit from being allowed to socially transition

Allowing Transgender Youth To Transition Improves Their Mental Health, Study Finds

6 Facts About Affirming Therapy for Trans And Gender Non-Conforming Youth

Transgender Youth: The Building Evidence Base for Early Social Transition
Gender Development in Transgender Preschool Children

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

This #'s being pushed for the same reason add was pushed on my generation as kids and why the second you tell a doctor you felt sad today it's off to the psychiatrist for an anti depressant, anti anxiety or anti psychotic prescription. They're a patient for life. Not every(most) kid(s) that says one day they feel like the opposite gender is experiencing gender dysphoria just like not every(most) person that feels sad for a while is depressed and needs drugs. But a person that undergoes permanent treatment for a possibly temporary state of mind becomes a patient for life and a source of ongoing income for one or more doctors. It's #ed and it creates issues where none exist.

I've met real gender dysphoric people. They don't sit around getting media attention and complaining all the time. The ones I've met tend to be pretty chill quiet people you'd never suspect who made the decision with sound mind to become the opposite gender, quietly got surgery and a new identity and lived their new life trying as hard as they could to move on from their past ones. I've also met trannies that sit there and do nothing but talk about their 'transition' and make it their identity. Those people are like the parents of these children. It has nothing to.do with any real gender dysphoria it's about some bull# agenda and attention and profit pushing by unscrupulous doctors. Growing up I watched what it did to tons of kids in my school when add became the thing to diagnose your kids with to get them hooked on speed at a young age. I watched it # a bunch of people up. Nothing like watching your grade 8 classmate crush up a Ritalin pill and snort it off his desk.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Anyone else notice in a lot of these cases the parents fit a certain stereotype?

The argument of it being a natural disorder falls to bits when you research the demographic most likely to have children with gender issues.

Don't see too many conservatives or republicans with strong traditional family backgrounds having confused children.

Gender is a social construct, to argue otherwise is ignorant.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
Anyone else notice in a lot of these cases the parents fit a certain stereotype?

The argument of it being a natural disorder falls to bits when you research the demographic most likely to have children with gender issues.

Don't see too many conservatives or republicans with strong traditional family backgrounds having confused children.

Right, is that because they lock away the undesirable children in the basement.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   

The father embellished his credentials as a potential partner in order to get the girl. I think you'll find this isn't uncommon.

What does his pickup routine have to do with his ability to be a caring parent?

You're defending the indefensible.

I guarantee if the LGBTQ+ community keep prodding at traditional christian values eventually the backlash will come.

There's only so far you can push the sensibilities of good people before we say no more!

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

No, it's because we dwell in the realms of reality rather than fantasy. We teach our children right from wrong and don't pander to their will at 3 years old.
edit on 26/10/19 by Grenade because: formatting

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

No, it's because we dwell in the realms of reality rather than fantasy. We teach our children right from wrong and don't pander to their will at 3 years old.

So you're arguing only conservatives can raise children the right way and in the realms of reality, like really ?

Surely you understand even when children have had the best possible guidance they still make mistakes or choose a poor path?

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

No, i'm stating the fact that young children who experience gender dysphoria before leaving the full time care of their parents are highly influenced on their beliefs. Naturally those who support the LGBTQ+ community have a higher chance of confusing and indoctrinating their children into this way of thinking. Basic logic really.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Honestly, if it was my son, I would do whatever it takes to protect my son.

Let us hope the barbarians seeking to attackthis poor boy do not win.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   
not having kids, the world is entering a dark phase

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   
The child is too young to consent to have sex.

So, too young to consent to let anyone touch his (maybe will someday be her) genitals.

But.... old enough to consent to have his (maybe someday will be her) genitals removed?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join