It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Menstrual Pad maker taking female figure off packaging to be inclusive

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
How ever will we be able to figure out if we need a tampon or not now?

Shrug. More overblown outrage over what amounts to nothing.

Shrug now, believe me later.

First it starts with bathrooms, then tampons/pads. Pretty soon if you just want to be a girl (or especially a feminine girl) that
will be looked down on. It's already starting in High school.

That my friend, is the problem. We are talking about a pad box, but we really aren't.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
A father and son talking...
"Dad, sometimes I just want to put on a pair of white shorts and go horseback riding. Its not fair."
"Son, life isn't fair. That's why I use Perma-seal's new Pro-Max pad for men."

A father and son walking on the beach...
"Dad, do you ever wonder about freshness?"
"Of course not son. I use Penisil masculine deodorant products. My junk smells like a bucket full of daisies."

Two guys in the locker room at the gym admiring their choice of products...
"Hey Bill, my athletic-cut maxi-absorbant jock fits me like a glove."
"Mine too Bob. I love how it lifts and separates the berries while keeping the twig safe and dry."
"Me too Bill. But hey, mine is bigger than yours..."

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: JAGStorm

Why in the hell would anybody use one of these products without actually needing them?

That and no matter who wants to pretend to be a women, you can't physically be one.
Grow up already.

i'm probably preaching to the choir, but, the answer to your question is mental illness.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Well in military first aid you can stick them in a wound to stop the bleeding, and in the comedy movie She's the Man (2006), the character Viola (loosely based on Shakespeare's Twelfth Night) who ends up in a male dorm pretending to be her brother, justifies having tampons by telling the dudes it's to stop "his" nosebleeds. An explanation that is practically accepted. They are kinda multi-purpose, just like my grandpa used to wear a condom around a cut finger to stop the bandage from getting wet while doing the gardening. Maybe they got other products now for first aid, but the way I was trained, I'd keep them in my field-kit.
edit on 23-10-2019 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Biology 101 isn't subjective.

XX,XY dna doesn't lie.

Because if it did. There wouldn't be so many people in prison.

edit on 23-10-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

There's no need for you to go live on the moon or Mars. Both places would be a great location for mental asylums and prisons, though. There would be no escaping either, one fresh breath of air and you're a block of ice.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
You know Bloodworth, having your brain not in sync with your body is kind of the definition of gender dysphoria.

Some of the prevailing attitudes in this thread exhibit a profound lack of knowledge that would be almost amusing if they weren't so sad. I’m taking the time to add a bit of information for those not bound by their willful closed-mindedness that might be interested because I consider myself to have a fair bit of practical knowledge in this area by having close family members and friends that have lived it that some might find valuable in helping to have better understanding of these things?

Although it is much more rare than people think and again I’m talking about a very small subset of the transgender community, maybe 10-12% or 50K people in all of history, there there are genuine transsexuals that undergo sex reassignment surgery or whatever popular acronym of the month you want to call it? (SRS, GCS, GRS, GAS, etc.) If you don’t believe these women live with their own brand of unique gynecological issues, some that even natal females wouldn’t want to deal with, you’re probably mistaken.

There are two main and now a newer third type of procedure used to create a neo-vagina in transsexual women with the key differences being what material is used to create the lining of the vaginal canal. Before the techniques developed in the 1950s, they just used to take a skin graft from the leg or abdomen which was less than optimal.

No, even after surgery and the year it often takes to fully recovery these people can’t get pregnant or menstruate (duh) but they can have UTIs, yeast infections, post surgical or post coital bleeding or ongoing or occasional vaginal discharge that may require feminine sanitary pad and they have to have unpleasant gynecological exams like the rest of us and share many of the same health issues that natal women have. Although they have no cervix and the possibility of cervical cancer isn't a concern, most doctors insist on performing routine pap smears regularly anyway along with regular mammograms just like your wives, girlfriends, sisters and moms.

Depending on how young a person started hormones or had surgery, hormone therapy is usually reduced at the typical age of natal menopause to match their biological peers resulting in the same common symptoms like hot flushes, psychological changes, cognitive decline and the risk of osteoporosis.

Depending on the surgical technique used and the skill of the surgeon, let’s not even mention the possibility of a recto-vaginal fistula or the ongoing lifelong maintenance needed to prevent vaginal stenosis or the possibility of vaginal prolapse and commonly, insufficient lubrication for penetrative intercourse.

Oh yeah, even though it is atrophied to almost nothing under the use of estrogen, surgeons don’t remove the prostate gland during a sex change surgery so there’s always the possibility of something going wrong there too that needs to be monitored and in case you’re wondering, what little remains of the prostate is located near the anterior wall of the vagina in a location analogous to the natal female so called G-spot.

You may not think of these people as women or female but they sure as hell ain’t exactly men or male either. Most in the demographic I'm referring to transition at the average age of 20 years old and you'd be hard pressed to know they weren't born female. Contrary to popular opinion, they are not deluded about their biological sex either.

Throwing these people in with the likes of the crazy wax my balls type like Jessica Yaniv or the 50 y/ol man the that thinks they are a 6 y/o girl type like Stefonknee Wolsch or any of the other fetishistic, disturbed and delusional people dragged into the public consciousness as representative of all trans people really isn’t fair and does a disservice to the legitimate trans people that have enough problems of their own without being mocked and ridiculed.

If you've read this, thanks? Even if I knew it was probably pointless, I had to try.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   

This is hilarious. I can only but laugh these days at stuff like this otherwise I would go mad.

Transgender do not need to be supported in this manner. *They do not have the ability to use such products*

I know you know this but Jesus, what are people on.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Thanks GOD! This has been bothering me the last 60 year!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject

Transgender do not need to be supported in this manner. *They do not have the ability to use such products*

Actually they do.... Trans males will still need to use them, and so maybe a picture of a woman on a product that this type of man needs too is making them feel less manly.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Actually they do.... Trans males will still need to use them, and so maybe a picture of a woman on a product that this type of man needs too is making them feel less manly.

I will presume that is sarcasm, in that case

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I will presume that is sarcasm, in that case

It started as sarcasm, and then I realized it is most likely the truth.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

There's no need for you to go live on the moon or Mars.

I feel like a Martian.

So I am, and there's not a damn thing they can say.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I suspect it is more about free promotion through news.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Words cannot express what a goddamn joke modern society is becoming with this pandering to mental illness in the name of inclusiveness crap.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

This will be on all package now:
A flip book where you can choose your top/middle/bottom
and a blank page for those that are binary

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I'm amazed that no radical intersectional gender theorist has written a paper on the fact that tampons are white, and thus privilege the "white body" at the exclusion of other bodies.

Maybe they have, and I haven't seen it, because there was an article about hotel shampoo being bad for "black" hair (sweetie, it's cheap stuff, and probably bad for any hair), or plasters only coming in "white" skin tones.

Maybe a Mandela effect, but I recall in the 1980's there were actually plasters for other skin tones, but at least in South Africa nobody (including the black people) bought them, for some reason, and they were taken off the market for being unprofitable.

Of course, here tampons are regular news, and the public is encouraged to buy them for charity (ten bucks a pack, and they then get put in a charity bin for "previously disadvantaged" female learners, because apparently some don't go to school part of the year because they don't have any female hygiene products). The EFF party has even demanded that female university students get free tampons. But some are also questioning what they did before the "evil" colonialism, because they sure didn't have any tampons, and women were expected to do virtually all the hard labor in traditional societies. Apparently not even late pregnancy was an excuse not to work in our local tribal societies.
edit on 23-10-2019 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Has anyone even bothered to confirm the validity of this information? I saw this on reddit a few days ago and it was a screenshot of an email but I find it very very hard to believe that the email response was legit. Reason being that the email response sounded way to easy.

They basically said, thank you for your feedback, we will change the design per your request and start rolling it out in 2020.

I find it very hard to believe that a huge company is going to listen to one person named Ben about this and spend all their money changing packaging and rolling it out all because of one persons email.

I feel people are being trolled and everyone fell for it LOL

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: jidnum

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be on every news outlet if it was fake.

people.com...

P&G said they would begin removing the symbol from the wrappers in December, and plan to have a new design out by February 2020.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Kalamitous

I( get where you are coming from and I admire your resolve to make a difference. There are some points I would like to make.

You said

You may not think of these people as women or female but they sure as hell ain’t exactly men or male either.

Removing or surgically altering your genitalia does not change your gender. Would you ever dare to tell a man who had suffered some tragic injury to his genitalia he was no longer a man? (I would hope not) Whether that change was accidental or intentional, the results are the same. He was a functional male, now he is a dysfunctional male. The operative word being 'male'.

After all is said and done, a transgender female is still only a man who has now been surgically and pharmacologically altered to resemble a female as much as can reasonably be expected.

He may identify with, or as, female. He may mimic what he believes is female behavior. He may think he is female. He may want to be female. But all of this begins with "he".

That having been said, I do not believe these people should be shunned by society or disregarded as less than human. However, I do not see any benefit in enabling the delusion either. I do not have to participate in the delusion if I don't want to. I can call anyone dude any time I want, gender notwithstanding. They don't have to like it and I don't have to care. No one is ever guaranteed acceptance by their peers when being themselves. Some people just won't like you for whatever reason. Some people will simply not identify with you no matter what you do. That is just the way it is.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join