It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Menstrual Pad maker taking female figure off packaging to be inclusive

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Do you mind if I combine my responses to you last two posts?

How are you aware of 2 arms, 2 legs, etc? Is it via your consciousness that you are arguing is subjective? Yep.

Producing offspring is your primary metric for determining and male and female? You are aware that a transman and transwoman could still have sex and still have kids, right? Did you think that argument through all the way?

I demonstrated above that there are known variations on chromosonal balance and quantity. The existence of intersex individuals puts the lie to the only two sexes claim.

May I emphasis a portion of your quote which does far more for my argument than yours?

It will be argued that it follows from the principles of Ca2+- physiology and homeostasis that all individuals of a sexually reproducing animal population have a personalized gender behaviour. Thus, subdividing gender-behaviours in hetero-, homo-, bi-, trans- etc. which all result from a differential use of the very same basic physiological principles, is too primitive a system that may yield false sociological interpretations.

Our common system of speaking of sex, gender and sexual preference is PRIMITIVE according to your source, thus proving in a roundabout way that your claim relying on those definitions is also, PRIMITIVE.

Your source, not mine.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I think the company removed Venus because she didn't have a beard.
I understand the removal is so that a person born biologically female, but identifies as male while retaining female sex organs and the ability to menstruate, does not feel excluded.
I don't why they would feel excluded, only a person with female sex organs can menstruate, it's just silly virtue signalling and a cheap stunt.
Changing packaging printing ain't no more than emailing an image to the company who does it for you these days, this is 2019, funny story though and got us all talking about o e specific brand now so subconsciously it has done it's job.
😂

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DaisyRainbow
*snip*
Changing packaging printing ain't no more than emailing an image to the company who does it for you these days, this is 2019, funny story though and got us all talking about o e specific brand now so subconsciously it has done it's job.
😂

Indeed.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DaisyRainbow

this is 2019, funny story though and got us all talking about o e specific brand now so subconsciously it has done it's job. 😂

You know, oddly enough you might be right.
Women are now using Diva Cups (would love to see a guy try one of those suckers! owwwwweeeeee)
and washable pads, or period panties. (sorry guys tmi I know)
All those things are taking market share. I wonder if this is weak effort to gain a certain segment.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I do not mind at all

in that case all of reality is subjective then and objectivity doesnt exist

we can argue that for days you agree , the physical characteristics of humans are objective facts if you adhere to empirical evidence and objective reality of science, but all of that will go away when we return to spirituality
Aye mate its not my definition but biology .

So the article states that there are only two sexes but multiple genders and the article states that intersex is a birth defect , these arent considered as normal sexes from the normal production of offspring, they are known as birth defects !

Anyway Science , when something no longer accurately defines the objective phenomenon we update it right !

From the article i posted on "gender dysphoria and the bioethical treatment

Treatment of GD enables the individuals to continue their life in their affirmed gender. For some transgender individuals, this implies the same as for cisgender persons, marriage or/and children. Members of the transgender population have the same desire for offspring, for the same reasons as the cisgender population, and fertility presents one of the most delicate issues. Infertility in trans-women is caused by orchiectomy as a part of the GAS. Conversely, hysterectomy and oophorectomy eliminate the chance of pregnancy in trans-men.

Cross-sex hormonal therapy also has an impact on fertility, but such treatment is not a definitive cause of infertility, due to the possibility of reversal. Three decades ago, Payer described that estrogen in trans-women leads to the reduction of testicular volume and has a strong suppressive effect on sperm motility and density [27]. Testosterone therapy for trans-men leads to reversible amenorrhea according to Van Den Broecke's study in 2001 [28]. Patients are usually at full reproductive age at the initiation of their transition and a clear majority of them express the desire for reproductive potential after transition [29, 30].

This is almost impossible, as irreversible transition means losing the option for having children. Dunne reviewed sterilization requirements for transgender people in Europe and found sterilization as the only possible option in 20 European countries; this means that any chance for biological offspring is lost with this transition [31].

This discrimination deeply undermines the fundamental bioethics law, and societies such as WPATH and the Endocrine Society advocate for counseling and detailed explanation of the consequences of treatment and viable options for fertility preservation. In addition, the possibility of sterility following the use of puberty blockers and cross-sex hormones gives rise to further controversy and ethical dilemmas, as do options of cryopreservation prior to the start of cross-sex hormonal therapy and uterus transplantation for trans-women.

and this which counters the whole fertility thing

Results from Steensma et al. showed that majority of children developed homosexual orientation after completion of the GnRH treatment [11]. As for potential consequences, Hembree recently reported no long-term consequences in follow-up studies of GnRH treatment [12].

Homosexuals dont make babies

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DaisyRainbow

Damn those sly marketing bastards , never a moment when they drop the ball on advertising and selling products to as many people as possible

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: SulfurMercurySalt

Didnt they develop better sanitary towel technology from combat medics who used similar super absorbent gauze to dress battlefield wounds ?

or was it the other way around ?

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: ketsuko

Celebrate the "women with-in"

40 years x 12mths x $ x "arrgh" = " I want inclusion "

Will instructions specify how often to dispose of and replace with new? LOL

That is the very hilarious thing. Most guys have absolutely ZERO clue how a periods work.
They would be wearing one pad/tampon all week and killing all of us!

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

now i've heard my partner panic when she was out the night before and drunk and panicked thinking she'd left something in there over night and thinks she will get blood poisoning or shock or whatever it is that happens if you leave them in
I know it can be deadly if left unattended

I guess they wont have to worry about that either

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

now i've heard my partner panic when she was out the night before and drunk and panicked thinking she'd left something in there over night and thinks she will get blood poisoning or shock or whatever it is that happens if you leave them in
I know it can be deadly if left unattended

I guess they wont have to worry about that either

It's called toxic shock syndrome. It is terrible and it has killed people.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

that's the one toxic shock

well there you go male to female trans , never have to worry about toxic shock , or periods , or pregnancy

two things there that pretty much define being female

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

that's the one toxic shock

well there you go male to female trans , never have to worry about toxic shock , or periods , or pregnancy

two things there that pretty much define being female

A man can also get toxic shock, a tampon left in place too long causes bacteria to grow... I guess it doesn't
matter where it is inserted...

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
If you are having a mensural cycle you are a female

If you are having a menstrual cycle and think you are man, your brain in malfunctioning electronically and not in sync with your body.

Seek mental heath and repair that part of your brain.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

careful now bloodworth , GD is not a mental illness

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

'life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you'll get'.

looks like the sane people of this world have got the crazies ruling it.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Objectively then, I have already addressed your previous statements clearly and with evidence. In terms of DNA, there are chromosonal variations in humans, and the claim that xy and xx are the only two categories is not factual. In terms of biology, I referenced intersexed individuals that puts the lie to the general claim that everyone has a male OR female body.

No, the article doesn't state that there are only two sexes. On the contrary, the part that you linked earlier which was highlighted by me states that the descriptive system in use is primitive.

I am fairly certain that the words "birth defect" were not used in the article. That's your words which point directly at your personal agenda which is apparently, sadly, far more subjective than objective. For the record birth "defects" of some nature occur at about 1 in 33 births so as a category, it's far from an issue that you can just dismiss.

As to the rest of your post, you quote a long section and say nothing about it, as far as your last, you're cherry-picking the article and your claim is based on your author's paraphasing the results of ONE study.

Here's a link to that study: Steensma, et. al.

Let's take a look, shall we?

The sample consisted of 127 adolescents ( 79 boys, 48 girls ) , who were referred for GD in childhood ( < 12 years of age) and followed up in adolescence.

That's a fair sample. Not conclusive of anything, but a reasonable sample. In fact, it's the largest study to date. Here are the study's results:

We found a link between the intensity of GD in childhood and persistence of GD, as well as a higher probability of persistence among natal girls. Psychological functioning and the quality of peer relations did not predict the persistence of childhood GD. Formerly nonsignificant (age at childhood assessment) and unstudied factors (a cognitive and/or affective cross-gender identification and a social role transition) were associated with the persistence of childhood GD, and varied among natal boys and girls.

As you can see, the effect of GnRH treatment is hardly the focus of the study and there is no claim that GnRH causes homosexuality. The full article is behind a paywall and so I can't verify or deny the claim further.
edit on 23-10-2019 by Gryphon66 because: formatting

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Ok, it's time........It's time for me to go live on the moon or Mars, or some other planet.

www.tmj4.com... 0sx9RahTvL_CAGqi9eVKfmdjBuBfDdrg

Always sanitary products will remove the Venus symbol, historically used to represent the female sex, from its products to be inclusive of transgender and nonbinary customers.

It appears we can no longer live in a world of facts. Facts like only females menstruate.
When a menstrual pad box triggers (sorry I hate that word, but I can't imagine any other word that would be more appropriate right now)
enough people that a little symbol ruins their life.

On a very sick note, some men that have converted go so far as to use feminine products in a manner they weren't meant to be used.
Use your imagination... Will makers have to start putting anal instructions too?

It's time we have a reset button. Maybe Americans have too much time on their hands. This is even too cra cra for me.

Reset button..?

No..!

What we need to do is round up all these triggered, Transgender/Trans-Species/Trans-Race/Trans-Inanimate Object/Trans-"40 year old men who identify as 3 year old girls" and put them into mental institutes where they belong (and where they would have been placed in times past for their behavior), instead of pandering, enabling and encouraging their mental illness..!!

While we're at it. I'd like to see those holding funerals for trees, licking toilet bowls on YouTube, defecating on the sidewalk and then using the feces to smear on Trump Effigies, screaming at the sky, making videos saying they are "literally about to kill themselves", all placed into mental care facilities.

Instead of tax payers footing the bill for gender re-assignment (amongst other things), the public would be much better off footing the bill to keep these people committed, where they will actually receive the help they truly need..!!

Either that or take a page out of John Carpenters book and wall of Manhattan Island, then dump all the crazies in there and leave them to their own devices..lol
edit on 23-10-2019 by Ironclad1964 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
How ever will we be able to figure out if we need a tampon or not now?

Shrug. More overblown outrage over what amounts to nothing.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

I guess they are just trying to grab every dollar they can.

I would like to see what kind of backpedaling they do if it backfires.

If their 99.6% customer base says "screw you" and stops buying their product, and they are left with the customer base they have decided to placate.

Maybe it is not wise to alienate the majority of you customer base for a few extra bucks.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
How ever will we be able to figure out if we need a tampon or not now?

Shrug. More overblown outrage over what amounts to nothing.

Indeed.

/thread

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join