It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Families Belong Together - Illogical Nationwide Protests on June 30th 2018.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: carewemust

How dare you suggest that Americans exercising their First Amendment rights are acting against the Constitution!

The Trump Administration owns this fiasco that they created; there's not going to be any slithering out from under this one regardless of all the posturing and spinning and lying by dedicated zealots.

Are you talking about bitches against Trump?

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Trump started a policy of zero tolerance. A Policy, that's it.
A policy which had a side effect, according to the administration, of requiring the separation of children from their parents. A false claim.

Trump said he had no choice but to separate children from their parents. But, oh my. It turns out he did have a choice, he signed an EO which said to stop separating children from their parents.

Until he signed the EO he did not have a choice, the same choice you would not have if you were arrested. The policy was to follow the laws...seems simple doesn't it.. not new created out side of the EO.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Yeah. Separating babies from their mothers. That's the ticket.

Do you say the same thing when some American mother is arrested? Do you suggest that Obama didn't do the same? Now it is a big deal because it is Trump, oh I get it.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Until he signed the EO he did not have a choice,
So he lied when he said only congress could do something? I am shocked.

The policy was to follow the laws...seems simple doesn't it..
It does seem simple. Let's arrest all the pot smokers. They're even easier to catch, and it's a felony! Not just a misdemeanor. Take their kids away! We'll put them...somewhere.

edit on 6/30/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Until he signed the EO he did not have a choice,

The policy was to follow the laws...seems simple doesn't it..
It does seem simple. Let's arrest all the pot smokers. They're even easier to catch.

Not easy to catch.
Sometimes they hide and fall asleep.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

How dare you suggest that Americans exercising their First Amendment rights are acting against the Constitution!

The Trump Administration owns this fiasco that they created; there's not going to be any slithering out from under this one regardless of all the posturing and spinning and lying by dedicated zealots.

Nah. FOR Trump.

Pay attention.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

Nah. FOR Trump.

Pay attention.

I'm trying.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Logistics is a plan. Did the HHS put any effort into finding someone to take care of them? It doesn't seem like they did much of anything but warehouse them. It doesn't seem that they're at all sure what they're doing.

They policy is to hand the kids off to relatives or guardians, nothing new there. When there are no relatives or Guardians they still need to take care of the kids.

Bust them all, take the kids away. That will make it stop!

What do we do with the kids? When do we get them back with their parents? Can we get them back to their parents?

Don't use your kids are pawns to get into the US, plain and simple, BTW I would bet those kids have been taken care of better than the months they traveled. With the level of human trafficking going on are you 100% sure those kids are actually the kids of those some coming here? That is a problem in we don't know who is who until it is sorted out.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 02:35 AM
link   

That is a problem in we don't know who is who until it is sorted out.
Yeah. It is a problem. Especially when the only documentation is a foreign birth certificate which is not accepted. (Sounds vaguely familiar.)

It would indeed seem that verifying relationship would be a priority though. "Sorting it out." Do you think it has been? The government got right on it? I don't.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarriorMH
This is bad and sad, i don't know what to say

Do you put this same emotion into the plight that been going on in Darfur for a decade or two? How about the 2 million homeless kids in Brazil? Easy to point fingers. If we let 100,000 kids into the US where do they go? We got a million or two homeless on our streets too... Sometimes I think foreigners are dense in thinks there is some magic wand in america to make everything all good...lol

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Seeking asylum is not illegal, period.

No, but crossing the border without permission from the US government is.

The illegal crossing charges are dropped upon a finding of asylum (or other remedy to deportation) by an immigration judge. The request for asylum prevents one from being detained, unless they crossed the border illegally. If they did, then they are detained until their asylum hearing.

That's the law.

There are two ways to be granted asylum: an immigrant can be granted asylum and released by a Customs and Immigration Service officer, as in when a known emergency exists and refugees are known to be coming in to escape it. Otherwise, an immigration judge grants asylum if warranted. If not warranted, the judge orders immediate deportation. Anyone caught crossing the border is required to be detained until their hearing... someone who came in legally and, say, overstayed their VISA, gets to remain free until that hearing.

That's all Trump did: since the vast majority of immigrants captured at the border who request asylum do not show back up for their hearing, preferring to disappear into society and live here illegally, he required that those who crossed the border illegally are to be held until their hearing. That is not unusual; in any criminal court case, someone who is believed to be a flight risk, i.e. will likely not show up for their hearing, is detained until that hearing.

Here's where the problem comes in: there are only so many immigration judges, and right now that number is far less than the number of immigrants crossing the border illegally. Instead of a short wait to receive their hearing, illegal immigrants have a pretty long wait to actually appear before a judge (I have heard rumors of up to two years). So the illegal immigrants have to be detained for up to two years. However, a Federal judge has ruled, long, long before Donald Trump ever thought about running for President, that children cannot be held more than 20 days. So what to do with the kids?

We can't just let the illegal immigrants out of detention; that is a clear violation of immigration law, as most never respond to their hearing date. It is essentially a bypass to immigration law that renders it moot.

We shouldn't just throw the kids in with their detained adults. For one thing, the children are too young to be housed in a detention facility. For another, we have no way to know if the adults bringing them across the border are really their parents. It is far from uncommon to discover children being brought into the US by adults claiming to be their parents, when in reality those adults are trafficking the kids across the border.

We can't usually send them to live with relatives, although this does happen when possible. If the kids have relatives living in the US legally, it is likely they do not know where they are. If those relatives are living here illegally, it is likely a given that we do not know where they are.

So we only have one possibility: temporarily house them in make-shift temporary housing (chain link internal walls, a warehouse-style building, and using reflective heat blankets (the so-0called "tin foil") until we can arrange space for them in a foster location. Trump signed an Executive Order that directs the USICS to attempt to verify identity of the children and accompanying adults and take into consideration the family status of verified families, but there are laws that make this difficult.

Donald Trump cannot make a law! He can sign an executive order, as long as it does not oppose a law... that's it. Who makes the laws? Who made the laws that now have this situation happening? That would be Congress. The same Congress now full of armadillos that are screaming about how terrible Trump's treatment of children is.

Your entire narrative is based on no facts whatsoever. But I will give you one to work with: a border wall would reduce the number of illegal crossings enough so that the situation we are seeing now would not exist.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Maybe if you had not messed up their minds in the first place they would be happy in their countries, i am missing something here?

Ya the part we are talking about Central and south america...lol Don't think we had a war down there in awhile to cause all this.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It would indeed seem that verifying relationship would be a priority though. "Sorting it out." Do you think it has been? The government got right on it? I don't.

That's what Trump's EO did: it instructed the USICS to "get right on it."

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

The illegal crossing charges are dropped upon a finding of asylum (or other remedy to deportation) by an immigration judge.

Yeah. But first take the kids away and prosecute for illegal entry.

That'll teach 'em.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 02:43 AM
link   

That's what Trump's EO did: it instructed the USICS to "get right on it."

I know. Priorities.
When are the kids going to be returned?

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Yeah. But first take the kids away and prosecute for illegal entry.

Yes, because illegally crossing the border is illegal. Asylum is not a right. It is a privilege that has to be granted.

I know. Priorities.

Smoking pot is a felony under federal law.

I thought Schumer had that under control?

Anyway, I've heard of moving goalposts, but never to another continent! That has to be some kind of record.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   

So such a smart guy like you, and it seems you always end up at HE LIED lately. Come on Phage do better... EO should always be last resort. Trump can not make laws as you know...WE, YOU AND I want laws don't we not EOs...right? When Congress fails to act then that is what the President has as last resort.

ds It does seem simple. Let's arrest all the pot smokers. They're even easier to catch, and it's a felony! Not just a misdemeanor. Take their kids away! We'll put them...somewhere.

I can play that game too, Lets ask the world to send us all their poor...that's the ticket..

As I said it is a numbers game...If there was only 100 terrorist in the world not a big deal, when there are a few million that would love to kill you or me then it becomes a big deal. When 10,000 or 100,000s illegals flood our borders its a big deal too. Remember a big part of all this is human trafficking...

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   

When are the kids going to be returned?

After the hearing, if they are actually the parents.

Just like any other sentence.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

This is bad and sad, i don't know what to say

Do you put this same emotion into the plight that been going on in Darfur for a decade or two? How about the 2 million homeless kids in Brazil? Easy to point fingers. If we let 100,000 kids into the US where do they go? We got a million or two homeless on our streets too... Sometimes I think foreigners are dense in thinks there is some magic wand in america to make everything all good...lol

I wanted to go out of this thread but dense comments like this just don't allow

How about not go and destroy the country of those 100,000 kids in the first place so that they don't have to go into your door asking for help?

That didn't go through your mind first?

This is dumb, look into why people look at your country for help.

At least i don't care, i don't need anything from you and to be honest i like a few people i have known from the US but a lot of you think you are entitled to things you are not and you don't even know who had to die or how or what happens as long as you have what you want

Make of that whatever you want to make, i don't care anymore because i know it won't change anything in you, no matter what i say

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 02:50 AM
link   

So, no time limit.

But what I was wondering, shouldn't the process have started when the separation occurred?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join