It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher Arrested For "Child Abuse" For Forcing Student To Stand For Pledge Of Allegiance

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Do you think setting a curfew or setting a bed time is authoritarian also?

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

yeah you have a problem

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: DBCowboy

yeah you have a problem

No, but I'm beginning to see what the underlying problems are.

Thanks for validating my point.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

You can't paint all teachers with a broad brush. Just like you can't paint all police officers with a broad brush. Parents have more power than they think. The problem is many don't utilize their voice and show up to school boards and lodge their complaints. If parents have a concern about a teacher or teachers they should be organizing and voicing their complaints at school board meetings.

Just because times have changed, doesn't mean we should continue down a path that is not producing the type of behavior and educational results we received in the past. Students today are extremely disrespectful, rude and mean to their teachers and fellow peers. Don't believe it? Spend one day in a classroom of an inner-city school.

Our education system is conforming to the continuing apathetic nature of students today by lowering the curriculum bar so more students can pass their classes. Administrators are more worried about graduation rates because they don't want to lose out on state school funding! Instead of being concerned about educating our children and the future of this country, school districts now have to worry about states cutting school funds due to low graduation rates. It's a huge reason why America's education system is ranked 14th and in some academic subjects we rank 25th. Education is no longer a funding priority and it's exactly why they're pushing for chartered schools.

Our local high school boilers sometimes don't work and children have been going to class in coats just to stay warm. When the boilers do work, temperatures sometimes have skyrocketed into the high 80's and low 90's in the classrooms! Even the air conditioners sometimes don't work when temperatures rise for days on end. This is NOT an environment conducive to learning. How can a student focus their attention on the subject matter in such conditions? If teacher's complain, it falls on deaf ears. Yet parents who pay school taxes never get together, protest or complain at school board meetings about their children being subject to such an uncomfortable learning environment!

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Unfortunately it is popular, it’s why these kids are running around shooting up schools, bad parents that think they are only ones who have authority over their children, and children growing up believing that nobody should be able to tell them what to do but mommy and daddy.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: fatkid

Unfortunately it is popular, it’s why these kids are running around shooting up schools, bad parents that think they are only ones who have authority over their children, and children growing up believing that nobody should be able to tell them what to do but mommy and daddy.

nobody is saying that #.
you guys are really reaching for #.

authority and discipline does not have to mean laying hands on someone elses kids.

in the end this is a pointless argument.
i have the luxury as a parent of not needing others to agree to validate my opinion. its how it is and thats it
same goes for you

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

okay, let's say she demands he does his homework... and he doesn't do it. seems to me she is left with a few options, she can hold the kid in class while the other kids go have recess, she can give him detention, she can call the parents in for a conference and hope they care enough that maybe they will take away his cellphone or other favorite toy.... for some reason, I don't see beating the kid into submission as being even remotely as effective as some of those I have mentioned. and short of actually forcing the pen in his hand and forcing the movement of the hand.... there is really no way you are gonna force him to do his homework!!!
and as far as curfew or bed time issues, that a parenting decision, not an educational decision.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

You guys? I speak for myself.

I didn’t say it “had” to mean anything, you do have the luxury as a parent to raise your children incorrectly, hell some people choose to not raise their children at all, they also have that luxury. And in the end society will have the burden of taking care of them.

edit on 15-2-2018 by fatkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

But just to clarify I don’t think children should be forced to say the pledge of allegiance. It is a freedom of speech issue.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Something very wrong with modern western culture... seriously

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Our current societal structure does not allow any adult in authority to appropriately discipline a child.

We have inmates running the asylum, and it appears that you are for it.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
yanking a child up by his coat because he wouldn't adhere to a rule that doesn't exist is not appropriate discipline!!!
it's assault!

and, here's the shadier side of those religious authoritarian schools....

bishop-accountability.org...

the rest of your post just isn't worth responding to...

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Oh the poor dear.

Is he out of ICU or did they transfer the poor child to a long-term treatment center?

We coddle our children and this is the kind of crap we should expect.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

wow some kid had to stand boo fn hoo. back in my day if i was disrespectful like this with a teacher i would have gotten paddled at school or sent to principal and or detention then when i got home i would have a choice ofcuting a switch off a crepe myrtle bush or a azalea bush that my mom would then use to light up my legs.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

you are assuming way too much about this kid, about his parents, and about today's kids and their parents in general...
not to mention me and my kids, who happen to be adults, who were far from coddled, who had both a working mom and working dad, spent time in an after school program till one of us could pick them up, and still had me spend quite a bit of time with them helping them with the homework and spending time with them. I might have lived on four hours sleep most of the time but they were taken care of. I doubt if parents today are much different than they always have been, some good, some not so good but doing the best they can, and some really crappy!!

what if the kid, unknown to the teacher, had a valid reason not to want to stand needlessly? ya know, maybe he slipped on the ice and his back was killing him, or something like that... then, it could very well be possible that her yanking him around could have put him into the ICU!!!
and by the way, I know of a guy who just flicked the hat off one of his "I don't really want to work" coworkers head telling him to make himself useful.... he was not only fired from the job but the cops were called... guess what... it was assault!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Hurt feelings are the cause of 95% of all ICU stays now.

True story.

Society is coddling children and making them ill-prepared for life outside of the bubble they are currently in.

You support the bubble.

*shrug*

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
too bad people can't see the subtle ways national unity is being destroyed and our national security is being weakened...

parental authority being weakened, teachers authority being weakened, nationalism and patriotism being villainized, removing the flag from various places, ignoring the pledge, pieces of history being destroyed, police authority being put into question, racial division, political division, gender division, even thought division...

the american people are destroying their own nation and don't even notice the manipulation they have fallen prey to by extra-national forces.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: eNumbra

Yep that’s the American way alright, never question authority.

That must be why we've had over 80 years of gun control.

That authoritarianism, and the new indoctrination being shoved down children's throats bout saving the planet.

Umm, I might be remembering history incorrectly, but didn't the colonies decide that the British authority had overstepped and they weren't going to take it any longer?

If we'd bowed and scraped to authority instead of rebelling, we'd still likely be a British colony to this day, correct?

Sorry, but blindly following authority without questioning why and how is not really a good thing. That can lead to bad things happening and "was just doing what I was told" as a justification for it.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I think we might have a difference of opinion as to just who is in a bubble!!!
but continue on...

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I have a neighbor who smacked his nine year old son on the ass for talking back to the mother, the kid called 911 and said the father beat him, the cops came, seperated the kid from the parents, and called DHS. Our culture is pussified from the libs, and this society is raising a bunch of pussies, as can be verified by the current crop of college snowflakes with their safe spaces. I weep for the future.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join