It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Intelligence FISA memo released: What it says

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: underwerks
I love seeing all these people arguing over what the memo says, when no one has read it yet.

Your agenda is showing.

I have linked the memo above and read it.

To me this is the biggest takeaway.

First, on Page 5 , number 4 ids the most damning info. First it says in a December 2017 hearingt McCabe admitted that there would have been no fisa warrant sought without the dossier. However, that same section shows that FBI counter intel Assistant director Bill Preistap admitted that at the time of the original fisa application of Page, corroboration of the dossier was in its infancy.

It also shows that when Steele was terminated in in relationship with the FBI, a separate FBI unit admits the dossier was only minimally corroborated.

This is made even more damning by the fact that despite the fact that the DOJ and fbi knew that Steele was paid for by the DNC and hillarys team, they failed to report that to the fisa court.

So what this means is that McCabe admits that there would have been no warrant without the dossier, they knew the dossier was not corroborated, and they did not tell the fisa court that the dnc and hillarys team paid for it.

If true, its an unbelievable level of corruption.

My take away, It seems the whole thing boils down to the FISA warrant being invalid because of the bias of the people connected to it.

Which isn't really a story at all. If you're being investigated by the FBI you're going to be investigated by people of all political persuasions. I fail to see how the political leanings of people connected to the dossier make it invalid, or inadmissible for use in a warrant.

I was expecting some kind of damning evidence against someone. But it's just the popular internet theories on what happened with the dossier written up by republican staffers with no supporting evidence. No wonder Trump released it without hesitation. There's nothing really there that people haven't already been talking about.

link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

originally posted by: Xcathdra
So there was no other source information used in conjunction with the dossier. The dossier ALONE was used to obtain the FISA warrant - ILLEGALLY.

That's not what it says. It says they knew they didn't have enough without the dossier and they knew the dossier was unverified. They also knew it was paid oppo and withheld it from the court. That's bad enough.

Two special prosecutors. NOW.. before the murders start.

link   

originally posted by: neo96
Politcal HACKS at yahoo.

www.yahoo.com...

Just ignore this year long farce was a partisan witch hunt to begin with.

They have to push back, they were named in the Memo. It appeared or was implied there was an attempt to use a Yahoo article that was given to them by Steele as partial corroboration of the Dossier

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

If it is true that the fisa warrant on page wouldnt have been approved without the dossier, it is the biggest political scandal of my lifetime.

I have been saying for months, that this would be Obama using paid for oppo research from his own party to spy on his opponent with the intel community, which is far more serious than something like watergate.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

No wonder the Dems wanted to keep this from the public. Their claims of National Security as the reason for not releasing the memo are garbage. Can't wait to see their spin on this.

The people who signed off on all the FISA requests better get used to liking hot water, because they are now officially in it up to their necks.

Let's find out who will talk and implicate others............

BOOM!

link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
Choo choo....all aboard the hype train to nowheresville...with stops at let down station and disappointed blvd.

Maybe the 60 page version will have some more meat cause all this is gonna do is whet the appetites of trumps base while they gnaw these scraps.

So much for transparency.

This memo, if true, is a huge deal.

Here is it boiled down to the simplest level.

It says McCabe testified in December that without the memo, there would have been no fisa warrant.

That should be easy to prove or disprove.

If this is true, for reasons I showed in my previous posts and threads, it is an enormous scandal.

Funniest part is all these folks continuing to say the dossier is proof....haven't seen anything in it yet that is.

Using a completely unverified doc without telling the FISA court this, or the origins...and having all those people know this and sign off on it....yeah....s are about to roll.

+7 more 
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
This is just what we knew it would be

A defense of Trump by his defenders distorting reality

Like cutting up puzzle pieces to make them fit where they don’t belong.

Trump and everything he does is a LIE!

Trump and everything he touches is a LIE

Trump and everyone surrounding him is a LIAR

Your partisanship is unreal.

McCabe tetsified that there would have been no fisa warrant without the dossier.

That is a disgusting abuse of power. The fact that you and others have no problem with that is truly frightening.

If trump would use his FBI tp spy on his opponents based of a dossier he paid for that was known to not be corroborated, you would be screaming the loudest.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove
a reply to: Xcathdra

I believe this may be the actual MEMO...

Going to be interesting to see the fallout!!

I hope that isn't the entire memo. If it is, I feel let down. Bigly.

You dont find the fbi using paid oppo research that they knew was unverified to spy on the peoples paying opponent, and then not telling the fisa court who paid for it a big deal?

What he said, it’s a big deal. Again in a nutshell, it appears the Clinton camp aka the dnc fraudulently opened up an investigation without merit, towards her opponent to make a story about Russian collusion. My question thou who are these judges not asking question before authorizing an investigation. If was not true by the way all these people would not have quit or got fired. What a mess. Even if trump is guilty of collusion chances are the charges would get thrown out anyway lol

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
So this memo proves, that the Clinton, campaign used a federal investigation dept. against her opponent.

Well the man in charge was Obama.

You know, the scandal free President.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Didn't the FBI also state that the information from the memo could jeopardize national security?

What a joke

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

witholding info from a judge while obtaining a warrant is not something that is taken lightly.

That the same judge accepted Flynn's plea deal seems to put a fork in Mueller's investigation.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Quick question to anyone;

Do the presidential daily briefs include FISA warrant applications?

Not totally clear of how he is informed, but I am almost positive that the President would be informed as they happened.

......of course with Obama it will be " I just found out about it in the news, just like you did".

link   

So there was no other source information used in conjunction with the dossier. The dossier ALONE was used to obtain the FISA warrant - ILLEGALLY.

That's not what it says. It says they knew they didn't have enough without the dossier and they knew the dossier was unverified. They also knew it was paid oppo and withheld it from the court. That's bad enough.

No it is what they are saying. They used the circular reporting to bolster the dossier in the warrant application. There was no other investigative documents from any source other than the dossier used to obtain the FISA warrant.
edit on 2-2-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Grambler

No doubt he is tied into it, but every democrat will fall before they let his name get associated with this story, not to mention riots in the streets lol.

link   

originally posted by: Willtell
This is just what we knew it would be

A defense of Trump by his defenders distorting reality

Like cutting up puzzle pieces to make them fit where they don’t belong.

Trump and everything he does is a LIE!

Trump and everything he touches is a LIE

Trump and everyone surrounding him is a LIAR

Your partisanship is unreal.

McCabe tetsified that there would have been no fisa warrant without the dossier.

That is a disgusting abuse of power. The fact that you and others have no problem with that is truly frightening.

If trump would use his FBI tp spy on his opponents based of a dossier he paid for that was known to not be corroborated, you would be screaming the loudest.

So what!

It’s a straw man argument.

Filled, I'm sure and loaded with distortions from a person who already has been caught colluding with, guess who?

Trump

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I love seeing all these people arguing over what the memo says, when no one has read it yet.

Your agenda is showing.

I have linked the memo above and read it.

To me this is the biggest takeaway.

First, on Page 5 , number 4 ids the most damning info. First it says in a December 2017 hearingt McCabe admitted that there would have been no fisa warrant sought without the dossier. However, that same section shows that FBI counter intel Assistant director Bill Preistap admitted that at the time of the original fisa application of Page, corroboration of the dossier was in its infancy.

It also shows that when Steele was terminated in in relationship with the FBI, a separate FBI unit admits the dossier was only minimally corroborated.

This is made even more damning by the fact that despite the fact that the DOJ and fbi knew that Steele was paid for by the DNC and hillarys team, they failed to report that to the fisa court.

So what this means is that McCabe admits that there would have been no warrant without the dossier, they knew the dossier was not corroborated, and they did not tell the fisa court that the dnc and hillarys team paid for it.

If true, its an unbelievable level of corruption.

My take away, It seems the whole thing boils down to the FISA warrant being invalid because of the bias of the people connected to it.

Which isn't really a story at all. If you're being investigated by the FBI you're going to be investigated by people of all political persuasions. I fail to see how the political leanings of people connected to the dossier make it invalid, or inadmissible for use in a warrant.

I was expecting some kind of damning evidence against someone. But it's just the popular internet theories on what happened with the dossier written up by republican staffers with no supporting evidence. No wonder Trump released it without hesitation. There's nothing really there that people haven't already been talking about.

Its not just bias though.

Bias wouyld be I dont like trump, but that doesnt affect my ability to investigate him.

This is paid oppo research info from the FBI that they knew was not corroborated being used to spy on trumps team.

link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

It does not say that there was nothing else. Just that without the dossier they knew they wouldn't get it.

link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

Didn't the FBI also state that the information from the memo could jeopardize national security?

What a joke

Because THEY think that they are so important that if convicted of crimes around this, the national security would be in jeopardy. This is classic hubris at its worst. The countries national security does not depend upon an handful of minor FBI employees.

They are suffering from delusions of grandeur and attempts to continue to impede justice in their favor.

link   

No it is what they are saying. They used the circular reporting to bolster the dossier in the warrant application. There was no other investigative documents from any source other than the dossier used to obtain the FISA warrant.

Bascially, they used a "web optimization" strategy to make the dossier appear stronger. Plant link backs all over the internet, make it look more valid.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

What a joke

What jeopardizes National Security is the FBI being politically weaponized against the opposites party's Presidential Candidate DURING THE ELECTION!

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Carter Page released a statement and sounds like he is going to be challenging the legal proceedings against him in court now.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join