It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'd Guess maybe 5 Percent of those who watch the NFL stand for the Anthem. The hypocrisy is HUGE

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

... more like a right-wing word-search trippin' on Kool-Aid.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

... more like a right-wing word-search trippin' on Kool-Aid.

shhh i'm learning things

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Here's an appropriate gesture from the closest thing to an actual cultural Marxist you will ever find ..

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   

OOOsie ... sowwy.

*backs out of high temple of (LOL) knowledge*

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   
As an onlooker, this is the kind of thing we see coming from the USA that makes us find your brand of patriotism creepy and overbearing.

What does a national anthem have to do with people huffing around a field passing a bag of air for fun?
edit on 29-9-2017 by VelvetSplash because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: VelvetSplash

Some things scare those of us in country as well.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

"Anecdotal evidence"...it's only hearsay if you don't choose to OPEN YOUR EYES and see what's going on. PLENTY of outrage displayed by vets, servicemen and women. If you and your husband are fine kneeling when are national anthem is played, well good for you. PLENTY of people that disagree with your opinion...but I guess it's "hearsay" when you hear that, huh? Would you and your "servicemember" husband kneel at a ceremony for a servicemember coming home in a flag draped coffin? Betcha not many people attending would be "fine with it." Another thing...show me a picture of our military cadets in training kneeling before our flag and during our national anthem. Or how about officers and servicemembers stationed on our nation's many bases, kneeling before our flag and during our national anthem. Show me!
edit on 9/29/2017 by shawmanfromny because: grammar

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

PLENTY of people that disagree with your opinion...but I guess it's "hearsay" when you hear that, huh?

Yeah, to be honest, that's pretty much the textbook definition of the word "hearsay."

Is this the first time someone has challenged one of your beliefs on the Internet or something?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Talk about a bad example. Yours is apples-and-Tuesday. A dead service member returning home has NOTHING to do with a national symbol. People engaged in 'the protest' are protesting social injustices within the United States. Not the military. Stop trying to distort the issue.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

Talk about a bad example. Yours is apples-and-Tuesday. A dead service member returning home has NOTHING to do with a national symbol. People engaged in 'the protest' are protesting social injustices within the United States. Not the military. Stop trying to distort the issue.

Personally amusing to me is seeing many of the same folks who were calling for succession and insurrection in the last eight years that have now, suddenly, found their unwavering national pride again ... that is, when they aren't supporting the carry of the Nazi flag by those marching down American streets, or promoting the flag of Southern uprising.

One thing you can say, some of these folks really love them some flags.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: VelvetSplash
As an onlooker, this is the kind of thing we see coming from the USA that makes us find your brand of patriotism creepy and overbearing.

What does a national anthem have to do with people huffing around a field passing a bag of air for fun?

Why do soccer hooligans crush each other to death in stadiums? We find that creepy too.

But the point is that since America is a country of so many different peoples we use that one moment to try to remind ourselves we are still supposed to be ultimately one people united in a common goal.

Given what is about to occcur: two teams (or more at some sporting events), and two fandoms, about to take the field in a contest that can become very contentious, it is good to remind ourselves who we are - all ultimately one group united before we start yelling and cheering for opposing units and they start getting into it, no matter the sport. It's also a time to remember what has been lost to maintain what we have.

No one thinks the country as it is is perfect. Perfection is impossible, but we can't even try to get there if we can't remember we're all part of it.

I will menion again that the various different South and Central Americans who come to this country all seem to share extreme patriotism for their home nations. You see their flags all over and no one thinks it's at all odd.

But I guess honoring the flag of the country we do happen to live in is somehow strange.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

But I guess honoring the flag of the country we do happen to live in is somehow strange.

It's not strange at all. The NFL Players we can't quit talking about are honoring our Flag in a different manner, in order to communicate a message that not all Americans are treated equally.
edit on 29-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Not trying to distort anything...it's about showing respect for our flag, vets and servicemembers. Is that such a bad thing nowadays?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
There are infinitely better and more meaningful ways to show respect to our service members and veterans than obsessing over who does what during the National Anthem.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: jtma508

Not trying to distort anything...it's about showing respect for our flag, vets and servicemembers. Is that such a bad thing nowadays?

No, you retard, the point is explicitly that projecting "is that such a bad thing" makes you an asshole because it's literally completely purely unrelated all together, so you're basically calling someone out for something they didn't do. Is it such a bad thing nowadays? No #ing Forrest, the point is they aren't 'disrespecting the flag' in the first place, or even purposefully, despite how this patriotic American autism perceives it.

The entire psy op is for you to incorrectly question what you just questioned, the way you just questioned it, congratulations you're another patient 0 of the Republican cult.

If you can't see how kneeling is showing a sign of respect to American individual values, and even the flag, then it's safe to say America has no values left. The endless amounts of comparisons the Right is using to make this Very-American action look unAmerican is changing the #ing definition of Freedom itself.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

ALWAYS had pride in my country bud AND I was NEVER for any "succession" or "insurrection." Typical BS being spewed by the left. NEWS FLASH..the vast majority of conservatives AREN'T racist, facists, NAZI lovers, xenophobes, anti-LGBT or Confederate flag lovers! I was just raised in the 60's on Air Force bases, by a military family, who taught me to respect my flag and country. They taught me that my flag represents my country and vets and active servicemembers. I know this country has problems and I'm willing to join forces with anyone, regardless of race, to improve things. But, I was taught at an early age to respect our flag and show respect during the national anthem. Since I believe our flag is a SYMBOL for our country, why is it bad for me to show respect for both it and the national anthem? Do military cadets in training, or officers and servicemembers on our bases, kneel before our flag and during our national anthem? I suppose that too is an "apples-and Tuesday example" huh?
edit on 9/29/2017 by shawmanfromny because: grammar

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DisinfoEqualsTerrorism

Thanks for the name calling...truly shows YOUR intellect pal

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

You seem troubled.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Most people in the Military are retarded. You can take everything literally, or understand the hyperbole behind it. I called him retarded, because he asked a retarded rhetorical question.

Sorry, the real world isn't sunshine and rainbows for you constantly and you sometimes hear bad words.

I'm sure it doesn't offend you in the slightest when it's over your personal camp's opinion, so your likely hypocrisy can kiss mines ass.
edit on 29-9-2017 by DisinfoEqualsTerrorism because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens Your logic and your analogy, is completely asSinine. I suggest, you stick it back up your backside, from where it originated.

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join