It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston Pastor JOEL OSTEEN Will NOT Open His Mega-Church To Flood Victims!.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
News Seems to have changed
edit on 28-8-2017 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Remember, God wants you to be happy, and He's happiest when you please yourself,

Then god should be happy several times a day.

And I guess I won't go blind.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: carewemust

Osteen exemplifies perfectly the Trump mind set and attitude toward those less fortunate then himself.

The absolute perfect religious figure for todays political climate.

The vast majority of decisions and actions President Trump has made/taken have been to benefit people who are "less fortunate" than he has been.

Joel Osteen has probably donated millions of dollars to worthy causes.

Both men have utilized America's "system" to their benefit.

But President Trump does NOT target people for fleecing. People who can barely afford to buy a new tire when they have a flat.

I worked with a small version of Pastor Osteen when I was younger. Pastor Astor's church generated $1.2 million. He paid his family $835,000 that year. His weekly admonition to "Give till it hurts, and you will be blessed!", enabled his family to live very well. I remember helping people jump-start their cars in the church parking lot, as he passed by in his limousine after service, one cold Sunday. In hindsight, I'm ashamed for being sucked-in the way I was.

I will agree with you on the fleecing. 30 years ago, wife and I were members of a small SBC church, she was an accountant, and they asked her to be treasurer. Within a couple of months, she discovered the pastor was stealing from the church, he sat in our home and accused us of being ensnared by the devil. I haven't been to church since, and consider myself agnostic.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

Good for him. That it took shaming to do it is neither here nor there, now there's another haven for people to go to.

That's the important thing.

Good.

I bet there's a screening process to ensure that only the "right kind" of flood victims are shipped there.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

Osteen exemplifies perfectly the Trump mind set and attitude toward those less fortunate then himself.

The vast majority of decisions and actions President Trump has made/taken have been to benefit people who are "less fortunate" than he has been.

But President Trump does NOT target people for fleecing. People who can barely afford to buy a new tire when they have a flat.

I worked with a small version of Pastor Osteen when I was younger. Pastor Astor's church generated $1.2 million. He paid his family $835,000 that year. His weekly admonition to "Give till it hurts, and you will be blessed!", enabled his family to live very well. I remember helping people jump-start their cars in the church parking lot, as he passed by in his limousine after service, one cold Sunday. In hindsight, I'm ashamed for being sucked-in the way I was.

I will agree with you on the fleecing. 30 years ago, wife and I were members of a small SBC church, she was an accountant, and they asked her to be treasurer. Within a couple of months, she discovered the pastor was stealing from the church, he sat in our home and accused us of being ensnared by the devil. I haven't been to church since, and consider myself agnostic.

Whoah.. Your pastor was blatant about it! At least mine stole the money by paying fat salaries to his 9 closest relatives. A true family affair.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Did you mis-read my post. I simply said that it was probably an insurance issue. I didn't voice an opinion at all. Personally, I would open the doors, insurance or not, and take in people and do the best I could even if I wasn't fully prepared.

So...emotionally reactive people that jump to conclusions misunderstand sometimes because you're too...well...emotional!!

In a time of disaster, I really don't care about lawsuits or insurance, I try to do what is right. I am highly trained in first aid, have used it many times, sometimes not successfully. I am not a Christian, but would expect one to act in the same manner. For you to make excuses for this scumbag, I find disgusting.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Apparently, the Church is closed and services have been cancelled due to flooding. Pictures have been posted of the carpark and the interior showing the water levels.

When a building that is higher than the surrounding terrain floods, usually the water comes from a pressure wave in septic and sewage systems. That means that if it did flood, the interior would not be safe for habitation until it was drained and cleaned.

Also, if there is significant flooding on a building with a large and mostly unsupported roof, there may be physical damage that may make the the building unsafe from physical collapse. To verify the building's safety usually requires engineering inspection.

Additionally, there are apparently eight staff onsite and the doors are not locked. The staff are either directing people to nearby shelters and are ready to direct people to un-flooded parts of the complex, for those needing emergency accommodation. Apparently no-one has chosen to stay so far.

This whole thing is a social media beat up. A lie. Fake news designed to inflame the bigoted!

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
You will know them by their fruits.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
This man owns a 17,000 sq ft 10.5 million dollar home and he can't open his church?

Twitter is giving him hell.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

That's a big house. Maybe he could take in three or four families personally. I bet that house has at least eight or nine bathrooms.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

epic lulz

link   
a reply to: carewemusti think state gov or fema needs to seize location . pretty sure in times of disaster their powers allow that

link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

Whoah.. Your pastor was blatant about it! At least mine stole the money by paying fat salaries to his 9 closest relatives. A true family affair.

Mostly expense account crap, but then decided to pay his wife to watch his kids. He wasn't that smart, ex-wife had a 160+ IQ, figured it out pretty quick.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Apparently, the Church is closed and services have been cancelled due to flooding. Pictures have been posted of the carpark and the interior showing the water levels.

When a building that is higher than the surrounding terrain floods, usually the water comes from a pressure wave in septic and sewage systems. That means that if it did flood, the interior would not be safe for habitation until it was drained and cleaned.

Also, if there is significant flooding on a building with a large and mostly unsupported roof, there may be physical damage that may make the the building unsafe from physical collapse. To verify the building's safety usually requires engineering inspection.

Additionally, there are apparently eight staff onsite and the doors are not locked. The staff are either directing people to nearby shelters and are ready to direct people to un-flooded parts of the complex, for those needing emergency accommodation. Apparently no-one has chosen to stay so far.

This whole thing is a social media beat up. A lie. Fake news designed to inflame the bigoted!

Keep making excuses for this scumbag, you display yourself for what you are.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

No excuses were made. You have problems understanding, I think. But, on the internet, it's easy to misunderstand sometimes.

Don't know if what I read is true or not, but it's being reported he was trying to acquire air mattresses and gather staff to assist.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: seagull
So there isn't a book in the bible, the Gospels of Joel, wherein it is taught that one may fleece your flock and lock the temple when it is most needed to shelter and feed them??

Stop being mean to him! Those people are really dirty and he just had the rugs cleaned.
In all honesty, I truly believe it actually came to that, most likely from the wife. Honey!! the carpets...

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
If Karma has a hand, an "Otis" refugee will get the mattress in the preacher's office. Good Otis.

Source

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Then by opening the church doors to refugees...Joel Osteen is ENDANGERING them?!?! Tisk..Tisk.. That's not Christian..

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Social media loves to get riled up and holier than thou over any situation, even if they don't know the facts. It makes people feel superior to tear down others, whether justified or not. I'll wait to know the whole story before I judge Osteen's conduct.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
This guy don’t want those dirty mangy low life’s in his nice and pretty, clean church.

He’s a reverend Ike type…If you aint got it you aint gettin it from me

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join