It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catastrophic rainfall predicted for TX, LA, gulf coast region.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

Well the hurricane Harvey has come ashore now... so far; no deaths reported.

Apparently it made it Cat 4 before starting to wind down after landfall.

No contact with my friend, (think his power is out), but last email said they were copping it with rain.

Watch out for rising waters in the next few days as the rain comes down.

Aside from the weather disaster, and the terrible damages it caused; am now anxious to see how the storm track predictions work out, as Harvey slowly dies.

Some of the models had a very odd track.

Hope everyone is ok... a lot of folks who contributed to this thread were in it's path.. hope they check in with how it was for them, and any close calls they may have had.

Pravdaseeker

a reply to: pravdaseeker

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
I'm on the outer edges right under the squalls coming in now, current conditions outside:

Radar loop:

Posted before, but included for current conditions:

Galveston Webcams - people are still driving around on the island.

Here with you in heart

TXDOT traffic cams - Choose Freeways tab then IH-45 Gulf then scroll down to see CAUSEWAY cams, the Ferry cams are still up too.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Hope everyone is ok... a lot of folks who contributed to this thread were in it's path.. hope they check in with how it was for them, and any close calls they may have had.

I too would like for people to check in.

edit on 26-8-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Glad you are doing fine,

Looks like you will be needing to mow the grass a lot over the next few weeks!

Major greening up and quite humid for you probably for the immediate future.

Thanks for the photo, know some places here that would just love to have that rain about now.

You evidently did not lose your power either... cool.

Pravdaseeker

a reply to: antar

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I saw 1 death reported on the tv...take care those in that area and report back in .

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Praying for the people in the path of this storm.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Raindrops keep falling on my head.
I may end up using my chick for a life-raft.
She's a floater.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
a reply to: dreamingawake

True, but you also have those who feel it can't happen to them. Those who want to stay to experience it, those who are just stubborn and have ridden out hurricanes before. Is it worth it to place your life on the line?

Pretty sad isn't? I've heard some down playing of it as well. The way the media has hyped storms in the past, could be part of the reason why some are just tired of it, not taking it all serious. Though, this one has had big warnings if I noting correctly. Can only hope they find safety for what ever reason it may be.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The aftermath of just the first part of the storm:
The missing: Recovery has just began. Challenges mount in the collapsed buildings.
Coast Guard rescue of 18 people: see here

What not to do in a storm:
Companion animals left chained to polls, animals left in gated areas without dry ground and in barns that can flood. Even leaving them in cars that can overturn, as shown in one image at the Source
, possible that a beautiful Great Dane or other large breed perished.

The dog was rescued at least, others, not so lucky.
Animals know and they are just as frightened as humans:

A scared hawk flew into cab and wouldn't leave. The man brought him home, later was released to a wildlife rescue.

Houston now receiving the storm:
see here

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I'm going to take a nice cool shower.
If lightning hits me, it's been nice communicating.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   

It makes me so angry to see people chain their animals in a flood, with no chance of escaping. What a cold-hearted, murderous thing to do!

My heart is breaking for all the pets their owners needlessly left behind. This is why I like animals more than people!
edit on 27-8-2017 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-8-2017 by texasgirl because: spelling

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   

The hawk story is amazing! Bless the man for taking him home and then handing him over to Texas wildlife. He's an amazing soul!

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   

It makes me so angry to see people chain their animals in a flood, with no chance of escaping. What a cold-hearted, murderous thing to do!
My heart is breaking for all the pets their owners needlessly left behind. This is why I like animals more than people!

I agree with you and wonder if some sort of charges couldn't be brought as it is just an asinine and cold hearted thing to do. They aren't even given a fair chance!

I'm watching the weather channel at the moment and the news from Houston and areas all around are sad. Predicting another 2 feet to 30 inches coming of rainfall.
Advice is being given to evacuate vertically as many roads are blocked and water rescues are keeping those type of personnel busy.

Thanks to you all there who are able to update from your location and give your experience and I hope you continue to stay safe and your loved ones as well.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Fox news is showing video of an underpass where MANY cars are driving through high water. What the ****?!!! The stupidity of some people just boggles my mind.

The mayor is warning everyone to STAY OFF THE ROADS! Why don't people listen?!!

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

Argghh, it is a sad story that I did not want to read about this storm... the poor critters.

I can honestly say I would never leave my dogs to the chances of fate. They come with me, and if I have to, I would sleep in the car with them rather than see them abandoned or alone.

Very sad story about the animals. Yes, it does break the heart to read of it.

Pravdaseeker

a reply to: TNMockingbird

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Just thought I'd surf the channels to see what other networks are saying about hurricane Harvey. Fox is playing the storm non-stop, other networks also showing major coverage.

I turn to CNN and they are continually whining about Trump pardoning sheriff Arpaio.

Update: Jake Tapper of CNN is now covering the storm.
edit on 27-8-2017 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

True, but you also have those who feel it can't happen to them. Those who want to stay to experience it, those who are just stubborn and have ridden out hurricanes before. Is it worth it to place your life on the line?

Pretty sad isn't? I've heard some down playing of it as well. The way the media has hyped storms in the past, could be part of the reason why some are just tired of it, not taking it all serious. Though, this one has had big warnings if I noting correctly. Can only hope they find safety for what ever reason it may be.

Dire warnings- Emergency mgmt: "If highest floor is flooding, get on your roofs."

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

People in Houston should have been evacuated except they weren't sure it was headed that way until it was too late to get them out.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: texasgirl

People in Houston should have been evacuated except they weren't sure it was headed that way until it was too late to get them out.

Oh, they knew it was coming. Officials have been warning of 'catastrophic flooding' in Houston for several days. They just didn't heed the warnings.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

My heart bleeds, but what are you going to do?

Hey, I know you just literally lost everything you had to your name, but we're also charging you with animal neglect and cruelty and putting you in prison for 6 months too.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join