It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat earth theory?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: LolliKum

so thats a no then -you could havve just said - no

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

They just say science is confused. Really the only way to deal with them is using empirical arguments.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
in defense of flat earth..

nah not really..

Start at 1:10 to see the amazing mountains of BC

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

science is confused , but using science to prove their argument , highly illogical captain!

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

You have a compass which always points to the North Pole.

it actuallly points to the magnetic north pole - not the true north pole

There is no South Pole.

uttwer bollox

One end of the needle in a compass points to the center of the flat earth,

see above

and the other points to the outside of the earth.

givve your delusion in this matter - please explain how :

observers in capetown [ RSA ] , hobart [ tasmania ] observve sigma octantis at the same bearing ?

further - do you understand how logitude works ?

the difference between each degree of latitude - always 111km , the difference between each degree of longitude = a function of the latitude

explain how that works on a flat earth ????
edit on 22-8-2018 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Oh , here is one , how would the flat earth flood ?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

theres a wall...

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
OOOH another , during the "Great Dying"

why didnt the super volcano kill all life on earth if earth is a flat plane , then the light from the sun would have been completely blocked out by the debris and clouds formed by the volcanic plumes over the 10,00 year period !
Surely all of live would have died out if the earth was a flat plane !

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

aye but given the volume of water on earth , how high is the wall meant to be ?>
does it increase in height automatically when it floods , or does the rest spill off into space ?
if that were the case there would be some form of debris ring of ice crystals in orbit around Earth visible like the rings of Saturn

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

it must spill off...

the cosmic turtle needs to be hydrated

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Welcome to flat hollow Earth.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: LolliKum
a reply to: InhaleExhale

. . . you need a basketball to cover the sun.
I am guessing you are exaggerating for effect.
Hard for me to say what the explanation is, just from your description.
It could be an anomaly in your eye where you see clouds or moisture in the air lit up by the Sun to make it seem bigger than it really, is.
It is a good idea to use a good camera with a telescopic zoom so you can make out the exact point where the Sun stops and the atmosphere begins.

No

Nothing to do with an anomaly in my eyes or clouds.

Can you walk and look up when you go outside?

If so do this at midday when the sun is directly overhead then again just before sunset when its at the horizon.

The sun doesn't change size but your perception of its size does due the a curved atmosphere creating a magnifying effect as celestial objects get closer to the horizon.

So the vanishing point nonsense doesn't work because the sun doesn't get smaller as it gets closer to the horizon but bigger.

If we were on a flat earth and the sun was just a few 100 km up then yes it would get smaller but simple observation shows when it gets closer to the horizon it gets bigger perceptually.

So, the Sun never disappears from being too small to see, it disappears from the point of view of people on the earth, this is the action of perspective and the vanishing point, if you were 120 miles off the surface, it would never disappear.

NO read above.

The sun should get smaller not bigger when it gets close to the horizon if there is a vanishing point.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

how much " spills off " - per year

is the run - off ACTUALLY sufficient to hydrate 4 elephants and a turtule ??

how are terrestrial sea levvels replenished [ sea levels are not falling ]

science bitches

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

The bullet is moving, but it is going in a straight line, depending on what direction you were aiming at when it started out.

So what direction does one need to aim to make a bullet go straight?

I just want to know just in case I ever need to fire a weapon, I mean if I point the barrel down I don't want the bullet shooting up into the sky and then making a left turn to travel some more.

I mean if I face backwards and shoot will the bullet do rolls and flips?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Can a person walk on the underside of a flat Earth?

If so, why aren't we living there?
If not, why not (why does gravity only work on this side)?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

there is several delusions of how gravity " works " in the flat earth cult - all prety much parse down to " magic "

but even in the absence of a benefical [ to exploration ] gravvity well on the " underside " - there are sevveral thousand people with the skills to sucessfully traverse an " underside "

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Can a person walk on the underside of a flat Earth?

with special clearance and special boots so you don't fall off......yes you can.

I have the clearance and if anyone wants to they can add funds to my paypal account and they should receive the "special clearance" in the mail within 2 weeks, However, the boots will need to be tailor made so a list of participating show stores will be emailed to you to get your fitting done.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Gravity is the force pushing down because the earth is actually constantly moving up.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Gravity is the force pushing down because the earth is actually constantly moving up.

Thanks. I've heard this from FEers before. But "up" relative to what? (and, yeah, I know you're not an FEer).

And simply moving at a constant speed would not be enough to sustain gravity; a constant rate of acceleration would be required. What would be the cause the acceleration? Is Earth being pulled toward something? is it being repelled away from something?

If the Earth is accelerating upwards (I suppose it would be accelereating at 9.8 m/s^2, because that's what is the observed effect of gravity), then in all the time it's been accelerating, it would have have accumulated an extraordinarily high rate of speed. I image that high speed (forever getting even faster and faster, eventually approching the speed of light) would have been noticed when we observe the background stars all around us.

edit on 22/8/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

They just ignore the flaws of their argument.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join