It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat earth theory?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

And yet, you've stayed on ATS.

Wait. So have I.

Nevermind.

edit on 8/22/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That's logical.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuperJosephed
I personally believe we live in a simulation. So I believe the world is both flat and round just as light can be a particle or wave; it depends on the observer, you could say.

I've always believed we're living in a simulation.

As for the flat earth theory. Let them run with it. They cause no harm and give us something to discuss. If they believe it's flat it's fine with me.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

And yet, you've stayed on ATS.

Wait. So have I.

Nevermind.

Way better than cable TV.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: rhynouk

In a simulation, a flat Earth does not work with what is observable.

Unless it's a really crappy simulation.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   
The best argument I've heard on either side, and it stands to this day, is that if the Earth we're flat, cats would've knocked everything off it by now. End of story.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   

The simulations haven't woken up yet. It's good to question everything.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ADSE255

It's also good to ask informed questions instead of making crap up.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   

I think you've already established that. Who am I to disagree?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Then you made it up?
Read my post again.

Why? Do you think the target is not rotating too?
Hello, "flat earth", think about what that means for a second, I don't think anything is moving, but that the earth is stationary. So, the shooter is not moving, and the target is not moving. The bullet is moving, but it is going in a straight line, depending on what direction you were aiming at when it started out.
From the video you linked to, there is this idea that because one position or the other, because they have a north/south alignment, then one is on a fatter part of the earth than the other one. So whichever end is on the fatter part, it will have to be spinning at a higher speed.

Yeah. I didn't think you understood the concept. Here's a hint:
I don't know where you get that formula from.
There is a web page named: Coriolis Effect for Beginners (Extreme Long Range Shooting Beginners)
In it, it tells an illustration, that you do not shoot directly at a target while riding past it in a car, also, you do not shoot directly at a car driving by while you are standing still.
Here is my thing, if the earth was turning around on an axis, that shooter and that target, if one did not go somewhere, and if the target was not moved, 24 hours later, both the target and the shooter would end up at exactly the same place, one did not somehow get a start on the other and got there sooner and then left before the other got there.
So they are locked in position in relation to the other.
If as I said before, it somehow after being fired, the bullet became a free agent and was no longer in that locked relationship, it would miss by 700 feet because the shooter and the target moved that far to the side by the time the bullet would have normally gotten there in the locked scenario.
edit on 2018822 by LolliKum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

citations required
I guess I am like a walking YouTube player, since no one on this forum seems to have ever gone on that site, that I have to tell what people could see if they watched.
Anyway, I realize a lot of people have a life and all that and cannot listen to YT videos 24 hours a day to pick up all this stuff.
I do not have the documents myself, so cannot send a copy but there is a guy who is I think some sort of preacher who did FOIA requests and then got up in church and showed them to the congregation and had it video taped. There are several flat earth channels that mirrored the video.I can go through my list of videos and get a link.
I hope you understand that this is pretty time consuming.
Well I made a comment earlier about not being able to find a video. Well it was a flat earth channel and the presenter says, "here is this 3D video model of what the surroundings of the earth would look like if you could view it from the outside."
I have one of the videos on my history list that is now showing "Private", so I think the person who owned the video forced someone to take it down from their channel.
I will go ahead and do a search and this one I am confident I will at least find a mirror.
OK, after looking through over 600 in my liked videos list, I found one mirror of the video, or one of them, I think there are a few of them in a series.

edit on 2018822 by LolliKum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: LolliKum

Quick question. If the Earth is flat, do you believe the flat Earth spins, just as the spherical Earth rotates?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: LolliKum

I don't know where you get that formula from.

Trigonometry.
Is that invalid?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

This should be enough proof IMO

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucifer84
a reply to: Zaphod58

This should be enough proof IMO

Just to expand on that.... Here ya go.
Link

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Too many words for flatheads.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:41 AM
link   

As for the flat earth theory. Let them run with it.

No... don't let them run with it

these people need a good hard slap...

this is 2018 ffs...

we have enough stupidity in the world as it is... we don't need to revert to the dark ages in what we teach

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I'm a huge fan of Flat Earth Society. They come up with the best comedy material... I can spend hours and hours watching this stuff...

Some examples of their "proof":
(#Shamelessplug)

Some of it is just so absurd, I'm sure they're just trolling...
edit on 22/8/2018 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

FES could well be trolling. But they seem to have fished many in.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

Flat Earthers seem to come in various categories. There are Christian fundamentalists, people who don't believe the nonsense but just want to argue, people who believe anything that gets posted on YouTube - gullible idiots - and those who are simply clueless.

The FE videos are a priceless source of comedy, as are the comments to them.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join