It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you hate the poor?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: TheScale

"show me one example where thats ever been true."

To date i cannot provide such im afraid. Thing is a paradigm shift the likes of which humanity has never seen is a requirement for such a society to exist.

"id argue the reason why is human greed and its not just the 1%. theres plenty of greedy people who have no money."

If there are plenty of greedy people out there that have no monies then they really don't understand the concept.

I would argue that there are plenty needy people out there that simply wish to do better for both themselves and there family. Which will never happen while the 1% control the distribution of wealth and power.

the vast majority of people do make a better life for themselves. if u work hard, educate yourself its not exceptionally hard to do nor do u even have to be a bright person to achieve it. if u dont think poor people can be greedy id ask u to take a look at the amount of people in prison for crimes of theft, fraud etc. u dont need wealth to be greedy
edit on 17-3-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Not the poor so much it's the eaters. The ones with 3-4 kids complaining that they have no money while smoking 2 packs of cigs a day. The people that say they need more money but freak when you mention who is hiring because they don't have time.

I could go on

THIS!!!!!

I have no problem with less fortunate people as long as they are trying. I just can't stand laziness and a entitled mentality. Nothing makes me more upset then the woman in front of me at the store who uses food stamps to pay for her steaks, ribs, high quality ground beef and all the extras. Then pulls a wad of hundreds out of her sweaty boobs to pay for her smokes and booze. All while 6 screaming ungrateful kids are hanging off of her.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

It's not all poor people. It's the leeches and the manipulators of social welfare systems. When I see where my tax money goes and what it incentivizes, there is a sinking feeling followed by a swell of anger. I'll give you an example. I was waiting in line to pay for gas last week, and the guy in line in front of me is so stoned he can barely stand up. He's buying a soda, a pack of skittles, and a bag of chips. When he tries to swipe his EBT (welfare) card, the clerk politely tells him he can't use EBT at this store. He pockets that card and pulls out a roll of cash. He completes his cash purchase, stumbles out of the store, climbs into a tricked out s-class Mercedes, and rides off. That happens way more than it should. The system is broken.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Well said as circumstance generally dictates station.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

The laziness, addiction and mental illness are often times a result of the marginalization of the poor by those who are poor but think they are rich because they are deeply in debt and aim their resentment and abuse of their miserable situation at those they consider to be weaker, or inferior to themselves.

...All the while being 3 paychecks away from being homeless themselves...

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

There's a lot of virtue signalling here.

I hate the poor because they expect handouts.
Everyone has the chance to join the illuminati if they work hard enough.

If they don't... then be poor and don't cry about others more successful.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

Uh-huh ...

No one makes you decide to take that first hit but yourself. If you let what others think of you get to your so badly that you go nuts, than that's on you especially when those others aren't even likely to be important in your life in the first place. And if someone thinking bad of you makes you decide to lay around all day? That's still on you.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
We all have anecdotes about people that abuse the system. But what I see is a cultural and political meme of a large percentage of people looking for something to hate, ridicule, and denigrate. Even on this very thread....

Do I detect racial overtones?
edit on 17-3-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Well said as circumstance generally dictates station.
Very true. That's why I suppose I have such an issue with the concept of "free will." Most of the time, our decisions are dictated by circumstance and a weighing of consequence rather than what we REALLY want to do.

link   
a reply to: TheScale

Being greedy does indeed help where wealth is concerned.

But fact of the matter is that you play the hand you are dealt in life.

Can we affect our circumstance, change the cards?

Yes but money and power certainly play there part in that department, even the geographic and social location one is born dictates a measure of what we can achieve in life.

If the majority of people do make a better life for themselves then why is the gap between the have and the have nots in our respective societies getting larger as the day go by?

Cant talk for the US but there are people in prison that should not be there down to debt and/or the measures the poor souls have taken to avoid said debt.
edit on 17-3-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost
Hate the sin, not the sinner.

what exactly is the sin here?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You apparently have lived a very sheltered life.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
We all have anecdotes about people that use the system. But what I see is a cultural and political meme of a large percentage of people looking for something to hate, ridicule, and denigrate. Even on this very thread....

There are also plenty of people who go on the system and work their @sses off to get off it too. Those are the ones who it was designed for, and the ones I have no beef with. I know plenty of them and do what I can to help them because I know they'd do what they could for me if I were in their place.

People who work hard, make smart choices, and don't take things for granted are going to be the same no matter what their station in life happens to be.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Yes freewill vs predestination in indeed a hell of a conundrum.

Six of one and a half dozen of the other......you decide......or do you?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner

You apparently have lived a very sheltered life.

Nope.

I grew up dirt poor in town with above average wealth and spent my entire childhood on the wrong side of the tracks. It taught me quite a few valuable life lessons about what really matters. What you typed is a bunch of bilge from someone who lets too much get under his skin.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

There are no smart "choices", some "choices" are better than others but the "options" to choose from are intentionally limited by those who have the power and position to limit your choices/options for the sake of steering more wealth into their own pockets at the expense of the many.

The ignorant masses.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

You assume a lot from a little bitty piece of my opinion here.

You are apparently somewhat naive also.

I'm gone.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
No one hates the poor. What people despise though are those who make a series of bad personal decisions and then expect everyone else to pay for it.

In addition, America really does not have a true poverty problem. Except in some extreme circumstances, the poor in America live better than the middle/upper classes in most countries. Being poor in America means you can't buy a new pair of Jordans every few months or drive a late model car. It doesn't mean you live in Favela with no running water or electricity.

The reality is that when people do three things, the odds of being "poor" are practically zero. First, graduate high school Two, don't have children out of wedlock. Three, work any full time job. The chance of falling into poverty is less than 2%.

These rules apply to all races and ethnic groups. Breaking these rules is becoming more commonplace, unfortunately, for all racial groups.

From a study:

"By contrast, young adults who violated all three norms — dropped out, got married before 21 and had children out of wedlock and didn’t have a full-time job — had a 76 percent chance of winding up in poverty and a 7 percent chance of winding up in the middle class."

Being poor is not some sort of badge of honor. Nor is it something that needs to be celebrated. If you cannot make it in America, I don't know what to tell you. People float on inner tubes across shark infested waters and cross deserts to get the opportunities we have in this country even if it is just dropping fries at McDonalds.
edit on 17-3-2017 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Wah Wah Wah Wah...

If you're poor like me there's only one person to blame.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join