It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavily Armed force of 200 moves in to remove 50 DAPL protesters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

per·haps
pərˈ(h)aps/
adverb
adverb: perhaps
used to express uncertainty or possibility.

Just thinking out loud Reldra. Not being there or having the full story from both sides, none of us know. Not me, not you.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I almost asked the same thing. I was curious as to how this thing leaked when it was still in the process of being built.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Martin75

originally posted by: grey580
If we've learned anything from the Bundy's.

No one evicts you if you have guns.

Are you freakin serious or just delusional?

Who died at Standing Rock?

Now who died in the Bundy stand off?

BTW? Who left behind more TRASH to be cleaned up?

You are seriously worried about trash cleanup?

You aren't? You don't think it hypocritical of people protesting to protect the environment create an environmental hazard? LOL

Not as much as a pipeline that has already leaked.

Hasn't been built yet!

How did it leak? roflmao

The one nearest leaked, I meant to say. A LOT. They always leak and do leak. Pipeline 150 Miles from Standng Rock

Why should this one be built? It will not help us not rely on ME oil more. We don't get most of our oil from the ME. This is an environmental hazard and an eminent domain nightmare.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

originally posted by: Bluntone22
They could have left without incident.
But they decided to ignore the eviction order.
Oh well.

That's not the point of my OP. As you can read, I said they should have been arrested for trespassing. BUT, did it take an army to move 50 unarmed protesters? It was clearly to make a point... and all this at taxpayer expense.

The cleanup after these fools came at the taxpayer's expense, too.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Oops.

Always seems to be more to the story, doesn't there??

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

per·haps
pərˈ(h)aps/
adverb
adverb: perhaps
used to express uncertainty or possibility.

Just thinking out loud Reldra. Not being there or having the full story from both sides, none of us know. Not me, not you.

You just made something up though. Or, as you say, thinking out loud. That was pretty loud to post it.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

a reply to: Rezlooper

Something needed to be done, but that's certainly bad visually. There is more to the story though.

LINK

North Dakota originally offered protesters a carrot. If they agreed to leave peacefully, they would receive a hotel room and bus ticket to anywhere in the U.S. As of Wednesday night, none had taken it. They also offered a courtesy or ‘ceremonial arrest’ for anyone needing a picture for their Facebook page. Again, no takers.

A 17-year-old girl and 7-year-boy old were burned after protesters set fire to the last remnants of the camp. They both required medical attention and one was air lifted to Minneapolis because her injuries were severe.

No child should have ever been there
Parenting at it's worst.

Now the cleanup efforts begin. The camps span more than 1,000 acres, which had been, according to state officials, sensitive wildlife habitat. Now, because of an early thaw and thousands of “water protectors” it is a wet, muddy cesspool of human waste and hazardous fuels after protesters turned the native grassland into a dumping ground.

According to the Col John Henderson of the US Army Corp of Engineers, crews have already removed some 250 truckloads of trash, but his agency plans to spend upwards to $1.2 million of taxpayer money to rehabilitate the area.

"To ensure that none of this garbage and waste and debris and structures and vehicles ended up in the reservoir. That would be an absolute environmental catastrophe,” Henderson said.

Sounds out of control to me and dangerous to those there, not to mention the destruction to the environment they falsely claim to care about.

Still though, it could have been handled better minus the National Guard. There is likely more to this though. Perhaps they were dealing with gunfire and the violent radicals who always plague protests?

All fine and dandy. You are correct.... bad parenting, shouldn't have left trash behind, but no, there wasn't any gunfire or even brandishing of weapons, and police never claimed they were. The local police force could have moved 50 unarmed protesters without all the show. This was a clear message to all of America to show what you are up against should you choose to stand against!

50 protestors is a decent size group. 200 personnel to remove them seems about right. Also, what police department had jurisdiction in that area? Maybe thats why they used the National Guard.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

Oh well.

That's not the point of my OP. As you can read, I said they should have been arrested for trespassing. BUT, did it take an army to move 50 unarmed protesters? It was clearly to make a point... and all this at taxpayer expense.

Cleanup after this leaks will cost 1000x more.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

You wouldn't it washed down into the water would you?

Right into the rivers the people say that they were there to protect! Hypocrisy at it's best!

I would expect nothing less. This is as stupid as the BLM rioters wearing "F# Tha Police" shirts and then calling the police to report one of their cars being stolen.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

You aren't? You don't think it hypocritical of people protesting to protect the environment create an environmental hazard? LOL

Hasn't been built yet!

How did it leak? roflmao

The one nearest leaked, I meant to say. A LOT. They always leak and do leak. Pipeline 150 Miles from Standng Rock

Why should this one be built? It will not help us not rely on ME oil more. We don't get most of our oil from the ME. This is an environmental hazard and an eminent domain nightmare.

Is it more of environmental hazard than the trash and such being left behind by the protestors? Perhaps we should spend millions for a study to find out?

link   
I get a kick out of how those who believe this was a good move by the law enforcement force are focusing on the garbage the protesters left behind, rather than the actual show of force used to remove these final detractors. I've noticed that it's turning into the Trump supporters in support of this move versus the anti-Trumpers, or Dems vs. Repubs... once again. Don't forget, I am a hardcore Trump supporter! And no one wants these radical protesters around the country stopped more than myself.

This thread isn't about whether the NoDAPL protesters were right or wrong. It's about the show of military force that removed these people. Hundreds of militarized officers, tanks and more, marched into that camp like they were in a foreign country. That is what should be a cause for alarm. This will happen again whether it's the radical lefties in DC or the Bundy's in Oregon. Get ready and put your politics aside to look at what we've allowed our country to become. The military is no longer overseas fighting the good fight... it's here, in our backyards, ever since we started dumping surplus equipment into local police forces a few years back. Why? Because this day was coming.

link   
Dear Rezlooper, just a small question. As stated they are going to leave a force on site after the clean up. Could this be to keep other protesters off the site or even approaching the site so they can build their pipe line anyway?

link   

Hasn't been built yet!

How did it leak? roflmao

Is it more of environmental hazard than the trash and such being left behind by the protestors? Perhaps we should spend millions for a study to find out?

OF COURSE IT IS. Do not need a study to know that.
edit on 24-2-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Well, since there were quite a few stories in the news about violent actions during the protests, it's a bit disingenuous to pretend it was all champagne and roses.

Not to mention they were on land they don't own and refusing to comply with court orders.

I'll be honest here, I have little respect for people who would sit and wallow in filth for a lost cause, but I do agree visually this could have been handled better. I'll give you that.

link   

You are right. This is not a partisan thing. It is yet another example of what might be yet to come.

link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Oh well.

What else is at taxpayer expense?

The cleanup effort.

Actually, no. The clean up is being done by the tribe, not the taxpayer.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Oh well.

NO. At the Standing Rock tribe's expense

link   

Well, since there were quite a few stories in the news about violent actions during the protests, it's a bit disingenuous to pretend it was all champagne and roses.

Not to mention they were on land they don't own and refusing to comply with court orders.

I'll be honest here, I have little respect for people who would sit and wallow in filth for a lost cause, but I do agree visually this could have been handled better. I'll give you that.

It's not optics. This is a constitutional problem. The optics on either side shouldn't really matter. Or are you running for office?

link   

Wrong.

This will decrease not only the price you pay at the pump, but it will also decrease the cost of natural gas if you use that in your home. These things have been in place for decades and nobody has died from them. Replacing old pipelines used from the 70's will be much better, unless you'd rather they continue using old outdated pipelines.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Oh well.

What else is at taxpayer expense?

The cleanup effort.

Actually, no. The clean up is being done by the tribe, not the taxpayer.

Welllllll that's not entirely true now is it?

The tribe is paying for it out of donations they received, so it's not exactly coming out of their coffers.

And the state has already said it's looking at hiring contractors to speed up the cleanup process because it's taking too long.

ETA -

The tribe has asked protesters to leave the area, and has been coordinating cleanup at the camp since late last month. Chairman Dave Archambault said at the time it was being funded from $6 million in donations the tribe received to support its pipeline fight.

Buuuuuut.....

Hignight said the Corps was still working out details about how the shutdown would be handled. Once it's accomplished, crews will "clean up the land to a pre-protest state," he said. The effort will be funded through the Corps budget, meaning taxpayers ultimately will foot the bill.

Ouch

Guess the tribe isn't footing the bill by themselves after all
edit on 24-2-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join