It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavily Armed force of 200 moves in to remove 50 DAPL protesters

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: RomeByFire
People whining about footing the bill for picking up the trash are also the same people who defend the current POTUS and the obscene amounts of tax-payer dollars that foots the bill for a myriad of different tasks.

It truly is laughable that the focus of this thread has become the trash. Perfect thread derailment from talking about the militarized police forces that await their call. If Obama were president today, then it would be a totally different story. the HYPOCRISY!

What's truly laughable is that your excuse started out as you couldn't keep up with all the responses, then you didn't even bother with another excuse just more complaints about the thread, and yet you still won't discuss the very thing you're complaining about nobody discussing with you.

Multiple people have addressed that topic specifically and you ignored every single one of their comments. Just like you ignored the comments about how no, actually, the tribe isn't on the hook for cleanup cost.

Whatever man, you've exposed yourself now. You have no interest in debate or discussion, and you'll make up any excuse you can to avoid it even when people are actively trying to engage you on the very thing you claim to want to talk about.

No. I will not respond to any post about trash. Sorry, go somewhere else then. That's old news.

Lol now you're just being an ignorant clown. I've repeatedly stated that there are multiple comments from multiple members directly to you about the law enforcement angle of this story and you've ignored literally every single one of them while you continue to complain that nobody will talk about the law enforcement angle of this story.

So really the problem is you wanted to debate something yet you're completely unprepared to do so, or simply incapable of doing so, and now you're left with only the ability to complain about something you've entirely made up in your head.

Keep making # up if it makes you feel better, just like the rest of your DAPL threads.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
If you go to Unicorn Riots website, he has videos of this happening.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Seems to be protocol. 4-1 ratio. Always prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Unless I see any excessive force used then I can't say it's overkill. USED keyword. Yes it may be a fear tactic but if all were arrested according to protocol then so be it. They may have not had the intelligence needed to go in light doubtful though.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Who should be responsible to remove the protesters? It's federal land and the local police are a small force. What exactly would the proper way to deal with these people be?

The Morton County Sheriff's Department says the protests have cost state and local taxpayers more than $22 million since protests began last August. This stems from the help from more than 90 in-state agencies and more than 30 agencies from outside North Dakota supporting local law enforcement.

http://w ww.valleynewslive.com/content/news/Morton-County-Sheriffs-Department-releases-DAPL-protests-by-the-numbers-report-410199055.html

Hours of Response Support (as of January 9, 2017) 181,232
State and Local Cost to Taxpayers (estimated as of Jan 4, 2017) $22.3 M
In State Agencies Providing Support 91
States Providing Support 9 (*1)
Out of State Agencies Providing Support 33
Number of Arrests 581 Number of Protesters Arrested 556
Percent of Arrestees from Out of State 94.5%
Number of Arrestees with Prior Criminal Records 182 (*2)
Number of Arrestees with History of Violence 25 (*3)
Number of livestock killed/missing, injured (as of Jan 6, 2016) 10 / 32 (*4)
Number of poaching investigations tied to protest area 3 (*5)
Number of abandoned cars/structures on protest camp (estimated) 50 - 75 (*6)
*1. Indiana, Louisiana, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Wyoming
*2. Total of 1062 previous citations and charges for illegal activity (as of Jan 3, 2016).
*3. Includes domestic violence and child abuse.
*4. ND Stockmen’s Association. 1 bull, 2 horses, 3 bison, 4 cows killed. 30 missing cows and calves, 2 injured cows.
5. ND State Game and Fish Department
6. ND Department of Emergency Services

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
They could have left without incident.
But they decided to ignore the eviction order.
Oh well.

That's not the point of my OP. As you can read, I said they should have been arrested for trespassing. BUT, did it take an army to move 50 unarmed protesters? It was clearly to make a point... and all this at taxpayer expense.

I would think that it would be safer for all involved to make these arrests by deploying 3-4 to one against the protesters. The greater the law enforcement personnel the less chance that they may need to use their weapons. Makes sense to me particularly when the protesters have exhibited their unwillingness to follow the law.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

originally posted by: Bluntone22
They could have left without incident.
But they decided to ignore the eviction order.
Oh well.

That's not the point of my OP. As you can read, I said they should have been arrested for trespassing. BUT, did it take an army to move 50 unarmed protesters? It was clearly to make a point... and all this at taxpayer expense.

I would think that it would be safer for all involved to make these arrests by deploying 3-4 to one against the protesters. The greater the law enforcement personnel the less chance that they may need to use their weapons. Makes sense to me particularly when the protesters have exhibited their unwillingness to follow the law.

Agreed, but since when are tanks used to arrest a few people?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: grey580
If we've learned anything from the Bundy's.

No one evicts you if you have guns.

Are you freakin serious or just delusional?

Who died at Standing Rock?

Now who died in the Bundy stand off?

BTW? Who left behind more TRASH to be cleaned up?

You are seriously worried about trash cleanup?

Considering the "trash" in question is improperly disposed of feces ... yes. It's about to get washed into the local watershed as raw, unprocessed sewage and head on downstream.

Hilarious...NOW is when you guys decide to care about the environment

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

tanks? what are you talking about, there are no tanks there. they are humvees and APCs, bearcats to be exact.
you and your hyperbole, pfft.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I saw no tanks in the video. Some Humvees and an MRAP. A military unit is comprised of certain mechanized assets. It's how they travel. Expect them to stop by Avis, drop off their Humvees and get a few dozen Chevys?

This was done right.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Probably hippies.
Plenty of idiot hippies dragging their screaming scared toddlers up cliffsides w no helmets or ropes here in colorado.

a reply to: Blaine91555

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: heyguysimashill

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: grey580
If we've learned anything from the Bundy's.

No one evicts you if you have guns.

Are you freakin serious or just delusional?

Who died at Standing Rock?

Now who died in the Bundy stand off?

BTW? Who left behind more TRASH to be cleaned up?

You are seriously worried about trash cleanup?

Considering the "trash" in question is improperly disposed of feces ... yes. It's about to get washed into the local watershed as raw, unprocessed sewage and head on downstream.

Hilarious...NOW is when you guys decide to care about the environment

We aren't the ones trashing the environment we claim to be trying to save.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I think you are blowing the action out of proportion. Using 200 people to clear out 50 is faster, safer and more efficient than using 50. Or 100. Or 150. Also, there are logistics to consider as well as preserving the perimeter. No. 200 is a plausable and reasonable figure. Plus everyone goes home sooner too.

I know you think this is excessive. That is irrelevant when the fact is these people were ordered to disperse or face eviction/arrest. These officers/guardsmen did there jobs. Simple as that.
edit on 24-2-2017 by Humbaba because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: reldra

Wrong.

This will decrease not only the price you pay at the pump, but it will also decrease the cost of natural gas if you use that in your home. These things have been in place for decades and nobody has died from them. Replacing old pipelines used from the 70's will be much better, unless you'd rather they continue using old outdated pipelines.

The pipeline brings oil from Canada, who we already get most of our oil from. You think the price of gas will suddenly drop?

This is not Canadian oil, you are confusing it with the Keystone Pipeline.
edit on 24-2-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Many are saying they received a $30 million payoff from the oil company. Initially, the tribe demanded 90 million to let the pipeline go right through the Rez, but the oil company offered 10 million. The tribe said no, so the oil company rerouted to the present line just north of the Rez.

You will not have a source for this as it's not true, the pipeline was never going to pass thru the reservation.
I have also heard rumors that the tribe tried to extract a per barrel diem on the oil that passed thru the pipeline, again, those allegations will likely never be substantiated.
The pipeline follows an existing pipeline corridor, it is the best route for the pipeline. It was never planned to go thru reservation land. The water crossing at lake Oahe is adjacent to an existing pipeline crossing.

Interesting to note that the Standing Rocks Chief, his Sister, Jody Gillette was a senior policy adviser on Native American Affairs For President Obama.

posted on Sep, 3 2022 @ 08:44 AM
link   
hey, relevent info in a thread i made the other day, could use some help in finding information and i was pointed in your direction. if you have time, check my last thread?

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join