It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fat shaming anger at Trump proves feminist hypocrisiy

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Trump doesn't have any scandals

Have you been vacationing on Mars since the early 70s?

edit on 28-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I agree with everything you said in this post. His ridicule of her is out of line, but she should not have signed a contract if she wasn't able to comply with its terms. I can't feel too sorry for her in that regard.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Sounds like faux-outrage.

Look, Mr. Trump saw fit to make openly disparaging comments about an employee. These comments were not limited to "wow, she's gained a lot of weight (or even a more blunt "she's gotten fat") which is against her contract. I would really encourage her to work on that."

Nope.

He called her names like "Miss Piggy" and "Miss Housekeeping." PUBLICLY RIDICULED her for her weight gain and ethnicity. There is no way that this is a merely a comment on "contract default" as some are trying to spin it as.

Mr. Trump is a television celebrity running for President. That very act opens him up to a degree of public satirization that most of us should never have to endure. Couple this with his long-standing practice to make snide, insulting public statements about others' appearance, particularly women, particularly about their weight and the difference becomes obvious. Whether it's "right" or not (in my opinion it is because he's more than made himself 'fair game") is not the issue here, and you know it.

He's a petulant bully who cannot allow anyone to say anything about him publicly that he doesn't like. He doesn't just respond in kind, he attacks and insults.

So please, stop with the false equivalency. Stop portraying Trump as a victim here. If you're concerned about how people talk about each other publicly, I can get on that bandwagon. But what you're doing here is a fairly silly defense of a blatant man-child.

You are better than this, IMO.
edit on 28-9-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

of a blatant man-child.

You did mean to say the next president of the United states of America....didnt you. ?

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   

hello fat people out there. yes you should be ashamed! deal with it. unless its a mecial problem then its different.
stop being greedy and control your eating. Other than that shows how much self contro lyou have, and for people who have fat kids. Then shame on you for getting them that way, destroying their health, confidence and social abilities.

She then claims to have developed an eating disorder because of this.

who cares!
edit on WednesdaythkWed, 28 Sep 2016 06:31:14 -0500America/Chicago3Wednesday2016201614 by lSkrewloosel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   

There are those who refuse to acknowledge the MANY double standards and hypocrisy permitted by feminists and SJWs to further their causes.

Nonetheless, I cannot believe so many people appear to have been hoodwinked by Hilary's attempts to paint Trump as a rabid misogynist.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Thank you pointing out the hypocrisy.

S&F

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

The question shouldn't be whether or not he is "allowed" to say anything; the first amendment affords him and every other American the right to do so. It should be; does this country really want to elect a candidate who thinks it's appropriate to behave like a grade schooler and mock people for their physical appearance?

It is a stark fact that Donald Trump is fat...and that is actually an understatement. He is morbidly obese. Do I think it's OK for people to mock him for his weight? No. I don't think it's OK to publicly mock anyone for their weight or any other aspect of their physical appearance...even if they mocked someone else first.

However, in keeping with the grade school mentality of this thread...and really, the entire election thus far...he asked for it. If he had never mocked someone's weight in the first place, his own porcine appearance would not be a subject of contention right now. That is the Law of Three. The inevitability of Karma.

But from a political standpoint, adopting the role of a presidential candidate who makes fun of fat women in a nation that is among the top twenty most obese countries in the world, with the highest percentage of obesity being made up of women, is a pretty stupid move. It is particularly unwise right now too, considering the strong, ongoing push against negative body image, weight-based discrimination and bullying in this country.

It is a fact that women are generally held to a harsher standard in society as a whole with regard to weight. It is a fact that it's more socially acceptable for a man to be overweight than a woman. It is also a fact that this has been the case for a very long time. That is not equality.

So the flip side of your argument is that if Donald Trump wants to make fun of a woman for being overweight, your terms of fairness dictate that he has no valid reason to get upset when other women make fun of his weight too. That is equality.

There are overweight people of all political affiliations, and feminists only represent a small percentage of them. He's not going to get many of their votes anyway, so pissing them off is really not a concern for him. He should be more mindful of not alienating the wider audience of voters who think childish behavior like that is not becoming of a candidate vying for the highest office in the nation.

Now, of course all of this is based on the premise that any of this matters, which in reality is not the case. If it did in fact matter, however, he'd be shooting himself in the foot by engaging in such behavior. A deserving candidate would ignore and rise above such pettiness and focus on the very real issues in this country that should be taking precedence right now...but he is not a deserving candidate. Neither of them are.

Great post.

I appreciate that you think it is always wrong to make fun of someones weight. I fall on the opposite side of the equation, that I think that it is not a big deal in any case. However, you position is consistent and thats what we should all strive for.

I am not offended at people calling Trump any name they want. Many times I think it is funny. But it upsets me when these same people get on their high horse and act like they are appalled when Trump says something, like people on this thread or these journalist that have beating this story all day.

You bring up Trump acting childish and that not becoming of President. That is a fair opinion. However, this Machado story does nothing to change that. We have video of Trump at rallys and what not being childish already. So why has the media picled up on this story and are driving it so hard?

It is because somehow this is supposed to prove that Trump hates women. This is absurd for two reasons. One is that if someone makes fun of a mans looks, we do not dare assume they hate all men. And second is I would guess 95% of people (probably more) have made fun of a womans looks before, and I bet the overwhelming majority don't hate women.

And again, all we have is Machados word that he called her most of these names. As you mention, Hillary has been accused of saying horrible things too, so neither candidate is ideal. Yet the media only focuses on Trump.

In the end, I doubt that whoever is President will make a difference. I will either vote Trump or Johnson, but I doubt either would really change anything (I will hold out hope though). But what bothers me is the double standard of the media and many other people.

With all of Trumps faults, our esteemed media is focusing on this story? If this doesn't prove they are a joke, what will?

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Sounds like faux-outrage.

I am not outraged at all. You can make any insult you want about me, Trump, or whoever you like. I am not bothered at all.

My point is that outrage towards Trump here is faux-outrage, because all of these people make fun of peoples looks, including Trumps.

Look, Mr. Trump saw fit to make openly disparaging comments about an employee. These comments were not limited to "wow, she's gained a lot of weight (or even a more blunt "she's gotten fat") which is against her contract. I would really encourage her to work on that."

Nope.

He called her names like "Miss Piggy" and "Miss Housekeeping." PUBLICLY RIDICULED her for her weight gain and ethnicity. There is no way that this is a merely a comment on "contract default" as some are trying to spin it as.

I will again ask for the links that proved he called her Miss Piggy and other names. It just her word. She has been accused by a judge as threatening to kill him. So should I take the judges word that this lady is unstable. Not to mention that we have a lot of peoples word that HIllary has said some awful things. Should we take their word?

Mr. Trump is a television celebrity running for President. That very act opens him up to a degree of public satirization that most of us should never have to endure. Couple this with his long-standing practice to make snide, insulting public statements about others' appearance, particularly women, particularly about their weight and the difference becomes obvious. Whether it's "right" or not (in my opinion it is because he's more than made himself 'fair game") is not the issue here, and you know it.

He's a petulant bully who cannot allow anyone to say anything about him publicly that he doesn't like. He doesn't just respond in kind, he attacks and insults.

So please, stop with the false equivalency. Stop portraying Trump as a victim here. If you're concerned about how people talk about each other publicly, I can get on that bandwagon. But what you're doing here is a fairly silly defense of a blatant man-child.

You are better than this, IMO.

I am not better than this, but thanks for having faith in me.

Look, if you think he is a blowhard bully, that is fine by me. But how is this Machado story any different that what we already knew? Yet this is all over the mainstream news outlets.

I don't care what Trump job is, or how he has acted, etc. Once you start to say it is ok to make fun of some peoples appearances, and not others, you are being a hypocrite.

Lets take your suggestion then. Well I think HIllary is a crappy person who has said crappy things. So I should be allowed to make any comment I want about her looks and it is perfectly ok right?

Perhaps Trump thought HIllary, and Rosie Odonnald, and even Machado were crappy people, so he made fun of them. Heck, Machado was a model that lived in the public eye and is accused of acting mean at times (like threatening to murder a judge), so perhaps Trump thought it was ok to make fun of her like you think its ok to make fun of him.

The point is, if you are allowed to make fun of some peoples looks, you can always find an excuse to lump anyone you make fun of in that group.

This is the same mentality that we see in violence at these political rallies. Violence is never justified, unless the person supports someone that is evil Like Clinton or Trump, then it is ok to punch them in the face.

I am tired of everyone pretending they are outraged at Trump and are holier than thou, only to have the next sentence out of their mouth be some insult about his looks. It is hypocritical.
edit on 28-9-2016 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
I will again ask for the links that proved he called her Miss Piggy and other names.

And I will post it AGAIN:

The gist of the story for those who don't want to read the article is that she gained weight after she won, and Trump expected her to stay in shape to promote the pageant. So he told her to lose weight in front of people, and called her names such as Miss Piggy and an eating machine and miss housekeeping because shes hispanic..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

I will again ask for the links that proved he called her Miss Piggy and other names.

And I will post it AGAIN:

The gist of the story for those who don't want to read the article is that she gained weight after she won, and Trump expected her to stay in shape to promote the pageant. So he told her to lose weight in front of people, and called her names such as Miss Piggy and an eating machine and miss housekeeping because shes hispanic..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Did you read the link. No of course not. I was posting what her claim was. She claimed this is what happened There is no audio of him calling her miss piggy or anything like that.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

So you are cherry picking your own source? Bwahahahahaha.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

So you are cherry picking your own source? Bwahahahahaha.

What are you talking about? What am I cherry picking? The source says she claims that Trump called her miss piggy and etc.? They do not have audio of it.

How is that cherry picking?

I am glad you got such a great laugh out of it though.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

There are those who refuse to acknowledge the MANY double standards and hypocrisy permitted by feminists and SJWs to further their causes.

Nonetheless, I cannot believe so many people appear to have been hoodwinked by Hilary's attempts to paint Trump as a rabid misogynist.

an ex wife accused him of rape, only a large pay off kept it out of court, hes got an ongoing rape case, and a long history of misogyny.
if you ignored it thats on you, you want proof? use google.
but yeah blame hillary for all that, its the mentality of trump fans.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Morosus
Trump does not respect women. End of story.

My guess is that anyone who doesn't see this doesn't either.

I don't think that Trump respects anyone who he doesn't see as an equal, and that's probably very few people (although I'm sure that there are some women in there).

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
If someone wants to let their body go to # they can. And I dont have to pretend you arent fat or a slob either. I probably wont be a dick about it. But seriously, its unhealthy and its not attractive. Its gross. On a woman, on myself, doesnt matter. If you dont like it exercise and eat better.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: jonsoup
a reply to: interupt42

She's a bit heavier now it seems, but is smoking all the same. I'd become a frog if it meant hooking up with Miss Piggy.

In order to Hook up with that little piggy you would first need the permission of her baby daddy. Oh let me mention that he is a very powerful Mexican Drug lord.
Oh also let me mention that her former boyfriend murdered a man and she drove the get away vehicle, then she told the judge in that boyfriends case that she would have him killed.

Sometimes you just admire from far away and dont get involved with crazy psycho women.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

You are relating this back to a movement that is asking for equality, in pay, in employment opportunity. I don't see how it relates unless you can show me Trump calling one of his men Mr Piggies or equivalent. Surely he has Men around him who are supposed to represent something also? But then again him being an overweight man may make him hold his tongue on that!

If the Woman's contract says she is supposed to keep her weight at a certain number, he should have said that and if she didn't she should have been let go.

Imagine if he handles national leaders this unintellegent way!

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Hearsay about the Miss Piggy comment, too.

I saw him confronted with it and he didn't deny it.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Why mince words? It seems you are hesitating to say it is unacceptable for people to make jokes on Trumps weight, color, or other appearance jokes. Why is that?

We are not his employer...
We can call her miss piggy...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join