It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fat shaming anger at Trump proves feminist hypocrisiy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2

originally posted by: Grambler
[
Mike McCarthy the coach of the Packers told a group of reporters that Lacy needed to lose weight. This happens all of the time to people in all sorts of jobs. Coaches tell players in front of their teammates all the time they need to lose weight.

Weight is a sensitive issue for women. It doesn't have the same emotional impact it does for men. You don't need to tell women they need to lose weight - they know because they get plenty of public judgment.

If a man is critical of a women's weight (which is different from offering help) then either they have poor judgment or they just don't care about how someone feels.

Then we need to have a discussion in this country about what equality means. Does it mean as feminist claim that men and women are treated exactly the same, or should there be differences for he different emotional, psychological and physical differences between men and women.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
His comments about her were so shallow. After he talked about her weight, which I thought had maybe been taken out of context, he said "she had an attitude problem too". So that was it, then. Her weight was the main thing.

He was mean and rude to her because she gained weight.
Good grief. He's no Chris Hemsworth himself. What a horrid little man who judges women by their weight, while he apparently gets a free pass on his.

Mr. Piggy. How ya like that Don?

Ok you feel you have a right to make fun of his weight based on the fact that you think he is a bad person.

So if Trump thinks Machado was a bad person, does that give him the right to make fun of her weight?

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I appreciate this feed.

Some questions.

1) I am not a fan of any candidate (Not relevant to the post but I wanted to get that out there before I am demonized based on politics) .

2) How many times do people think that MEN in the same industry have not been told to bulk up or lose weight or get better abs? These people make a living off of their appearances.

3) Do you not think that all these "accusations" are coming out against Trump because people actually cared at the time it happened or that is it politically motivated?

4) Can we really be slinging mud at a candidate because of a comment he made while the other candidate's husband had multiple affairs and treated her like garbage but people continued to praise him?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

What? You obviously didn't 'get' what I was saying.

edit on 9/27/2016 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

What? You obviously didn't get what I was saying,

I got exactly what you were saying.

you said " He's no Chris Hemsworth himself. What a horrid little man who judges women by their weight, while he apparently gets a free pass on his. Mr. Piggy. How ya like that Don?"

You feel that you can make fun of Trumps weight because you believe he is a crappy person that said crappy things.

If Trump felt that way about Machado, would he then be allowed to make fun of her weight?
edit on 27-9-2016 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

No, that's not how I feel.

This is how I feel

" He's no Chris Hemsworth himself. What a horrid little man who judges women by their weight, while he apparently gets a free pass on his. Mr. Piggy. How ya like that Don?""

Again, he's a horrid little man who passes judgment on women based on their weight.

Hope that clear things up for you.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

No one is talking about her contract clause...they are talking about the names Trump called her.

Now, he could have been a professional about it and talked to her about this privately and pointed out that it is in her contract to maintain a certain weight...but that's not Trump. Trump is a douche...and he did what a douche would do...call her out in front of others and insult her by calling her names.

There is no hypocrisy....Trump is a dirtbag.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
We do not insult people simply because we do not wished to hurt their feelings. Trump has no feelings though, so the ugly, fat SOB is fair game aspiring hecklers.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad
I appreciate this feed.

Some questions.

1) I am not a fan of any candidate (Not relevant to the post but I wanted to get that out there before I am demonized based on politics) .

2) How many times do people think that MEN in the same industry have not been told to bulk up or lose weight or get better abs? These people make a living off of their appearances.

3) Do you not think that all these "accusations" are coming out against Trump because people actually cared at the time it happened or that is it politically motivated?

4) Can we really be slinging mud at a candidate because of a comment he madewhile the other candidate's husband had multiple affairs and treated her like garbage but people continued to praise him?

I dislike both of them, but you do know Trump had multiple affairs and wives right?

Anyway, his past is brought up because it speaks to his character just like it would with any candidate. That is politics. He will not get excluded from it because he claims to be outside.

There is plenty of stuff to focus on from the debate. I am not at all concerned about the miss piggy your nothing, but a housekeeper remark or maid what have you.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

No, that's not how I feel.

This is how I feel

" He's no Chris Hemsworth himself. What a horrid little man who judges women by their weight, while he apparently gets a free pass on his. Mr. Piggy. How ya like that Don?""

Again, he's a horrid little man who passes judgment on women based on their weight.

Hope that clear things up for you.

And by making fun of his weight, you are a horrid person that makes judgements about men based on their weight.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: jonsoup
We do not insult people simply because we do not wished to hurt their feelings. Trump has no feelings though, so the ugly, fat SOB is fair game aspiring hecklers.

Thanks for proving the point.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

and he did what a douche would do...call her out in front of others and insult her by calling her names.

Sure is Kruphix!! Right on!

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad
I appreciate this feed.

Some questions.

4) Can we really be slinging mud at a candidate because of a comment he madewhile the other candidate's husband had multiple affairs and treated her like garbage but people continued to praise him?

I dislike both of them, but you do know Trump had multiple affairs and wives right?

Anyway, his past is brought up because it speaks to his character just like it would with any candidate. That is politics. He will not get excluded from it because he claims to be outside.

There is plenty of stuff to focus on from the debate. I am not at all concerned about the miss piggy your nothing, but a housekeeper remark or maid what have you.

I brought up Bill's affairs to show the hypocrisies in the whole thing.

And you are right! Nothing was discussed. If I wasn't drunk, I would have been pissed.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

Politics and hypocrisies are bedfellows.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

No one is talking about her contract clause...they are talking about the names Trump called her.

Now, he could have been a professional about it and talked to her about this privately and pointed out that it is in her contract to maintain a certain weight...but that's not Trump. Trump is a douche...and he did what a douche would do...call her out in front of others and insult her by calling her names.

There is no hypocrisy....Trump is a dirtbag.

Other than eating machine, there is no proof of any of these names that he called her, just her word. Unless I am wrong, if so can you provide a link to the proof of this? Also, Hillarys secret service agent wrote a whole book that included terrible things she said, so you hold her accountable for those I assume.

Mike McCarthy called Eddie Lacy out in front of a bunch of reporters and players, so he is a douche too, as are all coaches that have done that.

And these pundits and journalists have made fun of Trumps weight and looks in front of a television audience of possibly millions. So they are all man haters that are "douches", right?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

Politics and hypocrisies are bedfellows.

I have a hard time not paying attention to hypocrites. I try not to over think it but during debates (I was on the Debate team in high school doing Lincoln-Douglass style debates much like the presidential one so I am a little bias about tact)

I hope the next is better.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

*heavy sigh* you make no sense, you are silly, so you have nice trumping evening. Not sure if you are just deliberately misconstruing the point, or if you are really that lame. In any case, nighty night. Sean Penn is on Colbert and I should go see.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Here is McCarthy's statement about Lacy:

"He's got a lot of work to do," Mike McCarthy said Monday, per NFL.com. "His offseason last year was not good enough and he never recovered from it. He cannot play at the weight he played at this year."

You are going to compare that to Trump calling this women an "eating machine" and "Ms. Piggy"???

You are a Trump fanboy and you try way to hard to defend him.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Deplorable!

How can this hypocrisy stand!?

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

Here is McCarthy's statement about Lacy:

"He's got a lot of work to do," Mike McCarthy said Monday, per NFL.com. "His offseason last year was not good enough and he never recovered from it. He cannot play at the weight he played at this year."

You are going to compare that to Trump calling this women an "eating machine" and "Ms. Piggy"???

You are a Trump fanboy and you try way to hard to defend him.

You got me. Oh and you have that source for Trump calling her Miss piggy?

At first the objection was calling out her weight in front of others. I post a link showing that, and now it is well McCarthy didn't call him names.

So now it is someone calling a fat person names that is horribly offensive? Does this apply to men and women? If I post examples of people making fun of men for their weight, like say maybe, SNL, Colbert, Jon Stewart, journalists, etc. you would say they are all douches and dirt bags and man haters, right?

And I am less concerned with defending Trump than I am at pointing out how this fat shaming story is garbage and hypocritical.

I don't think I am a Trump fanboy. But even if I am, I would rather be a fan boy than a hypocrite that thinks Trump is bad when he does soemthing, but anyone else doing the same thing is ok.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join