It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for Charlotte: How does looting a Walmart, burning a truck advance your cause?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
These riots are tame compared to some in history.

Ever heard of the Astor Place Riot? Look that one up. 1849 in New York. Something like 25 dead and 100 injured? That was a riot that resulted from a rivalry between two Shakespearean actors, one American and one British.

How about the New York Draft Riots of 1863? That started out as poor white people, mostly Irish, many of them immigrants, rioting against being drafted to fight in the Civil War. Not only did they not want to fight the war, they didn't want to compete for the jobs at the bottom of the ladder with any emancipated slaves.

That one got real ugly, real fast. First they attacked the provost marhsal's office then they hit an armory. They tried to destroy the New York Times and no lie, the founder and his staff repelled them with gaitling guns. These people were smashnig everything in site, burning s# down, killing horses, ripping cobble stones from the very streets.

Eventually after they'd run out of institutional targets, the rioters went after blacks, abolitionists and white owned businesses that served black clientel. Something like 120 people were killed in a few days and thousands were injured.

If you've ever seen Gangs of New York, that's the riot that is going on in that movie. (while the gangs at Five Point are having their battle)

How about the Cincinnati Courthouse Riots of 1884? That was over the verdict in the case of a young German immigrant who murdered his employer (his mixed race accomplice was convicted and hanged). Unhappy with the man only getting 20 years, a lynch mob formed outside the courthouse (after earler threatening to lynch jurors). That ended up being another 3 day riot (3 days seems pretty typical historically speaking), and by the time it was over there were I believe 50 dead?

Rioting happens all over the world, and have happened throughout history. You know who riots the most? Poor people who feel like they have nothing to loose and that the corrupt "system" is failing them.

So yeah this bs about "oh it's just the same people that shoplift at the Wal-mart" nonsense is just that, utter nonsense.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
You're saying that when the folks of Ferguson liberated the vodka from their local liqueur store they were not making a political statement? That was just a case of getting away with free booze?

Honestly they are just taking advantage of the situation. Don't give them to much credit.

I won't either, Blunt.. give many of them credit, that is.
Ferguson Flashback:
I have a memory image of somebody trying to light a
do-rag stuck into a Colt 45 bottle. Molotov malt FAIL...

When you import your rioters from places like inner
city Chicago and East St.Louis that have SAT scores
resembling a gifted but underdone pancake, you get this.

EDIT and PS: Just a thought. If the percentage of alcohol
by volume in a beverage would allow it to burn: the
perp would either be too blitzed get on the bus, or suffer
a flashback, gettin' his own primate posterior LIT UP.

Therefore:
I respectfully submit there be brought to committee a
bill mandating the minimum proof for an incendiary de-
vice to be described as such be 190 Proof. Woot.

The South will rise again... and have invisible car flames.
edit on 21-9-2016 by derfreebie because: Rule 3 of Outlaw Dirt: don't ever drink your racing fuel.

edit on 21-9-2016 by derfreebie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10
its alright, lets have a beer 🍺

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: gpols

I don't see how anyone could support them. I know it isn't the entire black community and it isn't even only blacks. The youth largely.

I can't say that I've ever supported this movement. Reparations...for what?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: darkuniverse

Thankyou i could use one...

edit on 9/21/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I'd hazard a guess that few, if any, looted a few loaves of bread, or a gallon of milk.

Nope. TV's, babeeee!! Booze, babeeee!!! Kids may be hungry but wtf, we got ourselves a 65" TV, and some beer.

Looters are really rather slimy.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkuniverse

a reply to: marg6043
To me, this just makes us look like some 3rd world country...

Oi,

I live in a third world country and thankfully the locals have respect for each other, if you are caught stealing normally a good beating will set them straight...

This situation is a group of people that will find any excuse for their own failings, they are doing this crap because they can. I am telling you the moment you go softly softly on these people it gives them the green light. In many country around the world you are shot on site for looting..

RA

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Looters are really rather slimy.

you got that right,

i've seen a couple of people talking about the LA riots in the threads going on. i remember watching it on TV and they showed a guy who stole a new washing machine. thing is the stupid POS was flipping it end for end going down the street with it.

he had no clue that that machine wasn't going to be worth sh@@ except maybe two dollars at the scrap yard.
but i bet all he could think was i got mine.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I believe the words that are being yelled out are 'No Justice No Peace' , the intent is to interrupt peace, in an attempt to demand justice. A completely counter productive plan. Violence will never end in justice. Theft is theft. Vandalism is vandalism. None of what they are doing promotes justice.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Hah! I remember that!

My remark was "what a dumb (fill in the blanks yourself, I don't want to get banned.)" Unfortunately, I was at my parents house, and at the dinner table. Ooops! Here, son, have some death glare for dessert...

It's herd mentality at its worst. One starts, and they all follow, and the ones hurt the worst are the small business' that can least afford it.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

Slavery. All the folks that gave their lives and sacrificed for them to be free wasn't enough. They want money for those peoples families that helped free them.

Who knows, maybe they are rioting and looting because that's what people do when they riot. I remember when the Ferguson riots were happening a bunch of black owned businesses were destroyed by the rioters.

These riots are a symptom of bigger societal and cultural issues though.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

People can go a little crazy when rioting. That is why it is called a riot. Has been like this since the beginning of time. Maybe police can stop shooting poeple.
edit on 21-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
You have 3rd world people with 1st world technology being organized and manipulated to create societal disruption and civil unrest.

Flash mobs of stupid people with smart phones being encouraged to become violent based on false narratives.

They are probably being told they are part of the "hope and change" movement Obama promised.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

All in a Days Work for the George Soros Minions . The Man should be Tried in a Court of Law for Supporting Treasonous Acts Against the United States of America !

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: gpols

There is affirmative action(which I oppose). I'm sorry, but I am a first generation immigrant(legal) and I have no history of oppressing the blacks. Contrarily my nation has been oppressed in relatively recent times. Yet you do not see me going to Germany or Russia demanding reparations or wreaking havoc.

You are right. This is a symptom of bigger societal and cultural issues, but they can not be blamed on whites or law enforcement.
edit on 21-9-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MayRenee

I'm not arguing that rioting is a good, productive or useful thing. Not at all. What I'm trying to do is put what's happening into some sort of perspective.

If employment continues to go down the toilet (and neither of these candidates have a clue or concern about fixing it), then things are going to get REALLY REALLY ugly. Lots of riots in history over job scarcity among those at the lower rungs of the economic ladder.

We're being pushed there right now.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: gpols
a reply to: ksiezyc

Slavery. All the folks that gave their lives and sacrificed for them to be free wasn't enough. They want money for those peoples families that helped free them.

Who knows, maybe they are rioting and looting because that's what people do when they riot. I remember when the Ferguson riots were happening a bunch of black owned businesses were destroyed by the rioters.

These riots are a symptom of bigger societal and cultural issues though.

Did you really just type that? That Black people should be grateful. Today, for the poeple that helped free them long ago...via not being upset with the descendents today?????????

You should probably go back and edit that if you have editing time left.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

People can go a little crazy when rioting. That is why it is called a riot. Has been like this since the beginning of time. Maybe police can stop shooting poeple.

By the numbers alone, posters here have already shown it's not even an epidemic. What was the percentage of cop shootings in total, like 0.003% of the population or something?

How about morons not riot in defense over even dumber morons being shot? The unjustifiable shootings are even smaller, and ultimately from an objective standpoint, this isn't worth the s#storm.
edit on 9/21/2016 by Nyiah because: typo

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

That is definitely true.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: reldra

By the numbers alone, posters here have already shown it's not even an epidemic. What was the percentage of cop shootings in total, like 0.003% of the population or something?

How about morons not riot in defense over even dumber morons being shot? The unjustifiable shootings are even smaller, and ultimately from an objective standpoint, this isn't worth the s#storm.

You dont seem to watch the news. Cops shoot 12 year olds with fake guns. The video is available if you would like to view it. I will give the link if you like. Would you like to watch?

Probably not, as videos like that cause me to want to riot. We can;t have that now, can we?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join