It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats Appropriate Wear For Females in School

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Her dress doesn't fit as tightly.

If the same teacher in the previous photo was wearing a dress that fit her this loosely, then she wouldn't look as overly emphasized.

She sort of looks like she's buying her dresses out of the Victoria's Secret catalog which is fine to wear in some situations, but maybe not the most professional for what she does.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
It has been said "Don't dress for the job you have, dress for the job you want."

With her posturing in those selfies, it's obvious to me teaching grade-schoolers isn't the profession she wants to stick with for the long term.

I'm sure there are more "entertaining enterprises" that would be more than happy to applaud her god given "talents".

This 15 Minutes of fame probably just launched her into a more lucrative "career".

I hate to say that, I really want to believe this woman is just oblivious to the concept of appropriate attire in such situations given the madhouse of "free expression leniency" our modern culture loves to rationalize, but I've become somewhat jaded over the past twenty years.

And for that, forgive me.

She's human.
I'm human.
We've all lost our damn minds.

And I say all this, as a woman who knows when dresses like that are appropriate.
A teaching environment is not one of them, at least not for kiddos of that age group.

I'm gonna shut up now.

edit on 9/18/16 by GENERAL EYES because: head heavy in hands, sighing over the collective state of humanity

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

It sends a message, and she has the right to send it. It says "I need attention, I have poor taste, I want men to look at me, something is wrong with me on the inside, I have poor self-esteem, and no other way to get attention". When I see a woman like that, I think "you poor thing, you need attention that badly, even if it's negative."

Which it is. But let them wear it. Then we see what sad little people they are.
Unfortunately, this is the message that people, especially young girls, are being encouraged to send. The internet has become the tool that allows every child with access, to send via social media, their personal advertisements and requests for attention. "Tell me that you think I am desirable." "Tell me that you want me."

It is the new norm. Children have been being groomed for years, we have just turned a blind eye and a deaf ear.

I see way too often some awful results of this behavior.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879
I don't think what the teacher wearing in the OP's pic is appropriate. Of course, nowadays a woman can wear whatever she wants and guys aren't supposed to react because if they do it's sexual harassment. So if I complain a woman is wearing a dress to school which is too tight then I'm automatically committing sexual harassment and sexually objectifying her. I'm not even allowed to have desire. Who can control it sell well that it never comes up, at least as a thought? I would not be surprised if in 50 to 100 years sexual desire is either removed (epi?)genetically or is strictly controlled with pills.

We all want to be independent and control our situation. Persons outside of ourselves who might be attracted to us or think negatively of us or otherwise present adversity are uncontrolled variables in the eyes of many. Even if those persons only give the slightest signal of adversity they're immediately classified as a danger to our independence.

The irony is if all adversity is removed, do we have freedom anymore? How much of our life has to be controlled, so that everyone feels in control? At the end of the day, independence may mean also accepting some adversity. If you can't accept some adversity maybe you're not ready for independence.

Or maybe our tolerance for adversiiy--on the whole--is falling. So our definition of our independence is actively changing. So my understanding here of what independence is may be simply too little or too much.

EDIT: So I'M the bad person who can't accept adversity when I complain the dress is too tight (and it's not right in a school setting). And THEY can do whatever they want. I guess I have male privilege, so I lose.
edit on 9/18/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

I hope not. There is something very nice about the organic process of nice romance. The idea of it all being reduced to pills is sort of bloodless and sterile.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
I hate to say that, I really want to believe this woman is just oblivious to the concept of appropriate attire in such situations given the madhouse of "free expression leniency" our modern culture loves to rationalize, but I've become somewhat jaded over the past twenty years.

Have you ever known a woman that was truly oblivious or naive to how she dresses and presents herself?

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Some of us don't care all that much beyond maintaining a base level of decency and presentability, but then you aren't going to generally find us looking like that. It takes too much effort.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Some of us don't care all that much beyond maintaining a base level of decency and presentability, but then you aren't going to generally find us looking like that. It takes too much effort.

Oh, I know. Totally agree.

But, I think women know exactly what they are doing.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

The woman has a full figure and looks good, no matter what she wears people will surely complain out of some jealousy they have.

On a not so serious note, teachers sure do look good these days (insert hot for teacher by van halen)
edit on 18-9-2016 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-9-2016 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

The woman has a full figure and looks good, no matter what she wears people will surely complain out of some jealousy they have.

On a not so serious note, teachers sure do look good these days

Jealousy?

Of what?

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Likely some un-resolved issues, I mean there are men who walk around shirtless and look better than I do.

Regardless you don't see me complaining because I don't look the same.

In the case of students not being able to concentrate or something like that, what do you think would be more appropriate to wear ?

Women have been wearing dresses for quite some time now in professional settings so why is it this woman who causes such a problem ?

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

Have you ever known a woman that was truly oblivious or naive to how she dresses and presents herself?

Agreed.
I think 'teacher bae' spends some time in the mirror in the morning. Definitely not an accidental look.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

Women have been wearing dresses for quite some time now in professional settings so why is it this woman who causes such a problem ?

As I stated "its not the dress".

Its how this woman presented it. Probably a size too small in the professional world, and with spiked heels.

I do not doubt for a second she was presenting the image of her intent. Women know what they do.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Picture a woman with half the curves in that same dress and I doubt too many people would give it a second thought, and would most probably think it looked rather professional. So, is it her body that is causing the issue or is it the dress?

She looks beautiful in the dress, though in my opinion, it might not be the most beneficial outfit to wear if you want horny teenagers focusing on your lesson instead of other more pressing matters (no pun intended). Her job is to maximize the students learning potential and help them retain the information they are receiving. Is she accomplishing that? I guess only the school would be able to analyze that.

edit on 18-9-2016 by seeker11 because: adding

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
If we don't objectify the person, it shouldn't matter what they wear, but it appears that our society objectifies a person for their sexuality, so the moral police are needed. Or maybe other women are jealous of her youth, and beauty, not sure, but take your pick.

It comes down to hypocrisies, jealousies, and moral police.

The fact that what a person wears makes other have impure thoughts, or is inappropriate is absurd. It's how people react based on social, or religious conditioning.

We really need to wake the heck up as a society and see how hypocritical and silly we truly are.
edit on 18-9-2016 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-9-2016 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

/
edit on Sun, 18 Sep 2016 16:21:07 -0500214America/ChicagoSunday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Remember being a horny teen? Were there very many extremely attractive people that you did not objectify whether you wanted to or not?

Part of the issue with your adolescent years is that you are undergoing rapid body changes accompanied by surges of hormones that are both higher than they will be later on in your life when you are arguably more mentally/emotionally mature and might be better equipped to deal with it and still young enough to not be mentally/emotionally equipped to get what's going on with you.

It's a bad catch-22. The teacher, on the other hand, should be aware of the audience she is teaching to.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoreInterior

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Our teachers mostly wear jeans, t-shirts (non body hugging), and athletic shoes. Never seen one in spiked heels.

Should all teachers be required to dress like that, though?

How about this girl? Is she being too sexy? Similar dress and similar heels, but a thinner body.

Because I personally have dressed that way, I know it does affect your pysch, how you think and present yourself.

Speak for yourself. Changing my dress doesn't change how I think!

You think I believe that?

You dress with intent to be sexual - - and it doesn't affect you?

I'd say you're being dishonest with yourself.

I'd say you're dishonest, because you couldn't pull off a dress like that to save your life. I know your type. Bitter.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

I didn't say she didn't look great. She does... for a club or a date.

If that's her primary purpose for the day, she can do that somewhere else. Not in my classroom on the taxpayer dime.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Our teachers mostly wear jeans, t-shirts (non body hugging), and athletic shoes. Never seen one in spiked heels.

Should all teachers be required to dress like that, though?

How about this girl? Is she being too sexy? Similar dress and similar heels, but a thinner body.

Because I personally have dressed that way, I know it does affect your pysch, how you think and present yourself.

Speak for yourself. Changing my dress doesn't change how I think!

You think I believe that?

You dress with intent to be sexual - - and it doesn't affect you?

I'd say you're being dishonest with yourself.

I'd say you're dishonest, because you couldn't pull off a dress like that to save your life. I know your type. Bitter.

You know my type? LOL

People that call other people bitter . . . .

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join