It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats Appropriate Wear For Females in School

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

You'll get used to it. Grow up and suck it up. There's nothing more idiotic and childish than our fear of the human body.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

You have to make a choice. You can either live in a society where the human body is not a sexual fetish or you can live in a society that is hyper-sexualized. You cannot live in both at the same time. Right now, we live in a hyper-sexualized environment where we are even trying to make our 5-year-old or younger little girls into sexy looking kids, see prostitot for an idea of the concept of what is happening. Our kids are like over-sexy little adults. Sex is everywhere on TV and in books and games, etc.

So now you want us all to walk around buck naked in that environment with that stuff percolating around in our heads?

Nope, not gonna happen like that.

Those tribes you see in the primitive world that run around naked don't also live in the same kind of hyper-sexualized society we do, so they can "get over it" as you want everyone else to.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

OR we can live in a society where we treat sexuality like rational human beings and have the best of both worlds.

But what do I know.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Working in a secondary school (high school for my American cousins) I can tell you that there are some things teachers shouldn't wear both men and women. In more than ten years I can give you two examples that I've noticed -

A female English teacher wore a very low cut top that when she bent forward would stop just above her nipples, I knew it was nipples not because you could see anything but because you could see nipple tape or at least tape, she also wears skirts that are way to high for a teacher because when she sits, she tends to be behind a table rather than a desk and isn't one for having her legs closed.

A male PE teacher tends to wear shorts but for a while he wore shorts that would put everything on show. We knew this because a parent complained saying "I don't my daughter seeing some old (insert swear word rhyming with stick) marbles" and he was asked to wear either tighter fitting shorts or tighter underwear.

So yes there are some things that teachers shouldn't wear. I'm not saying they should be dressed head to toe, and I for one am not ashamed to say I enjoy it when an attractive teacher wears something that gives you a taste of what she has (is that sexist?) but being a teacher with teenagers who now have phones of all sizes who are happy to take pictures of anyone and anything, I think it's best teachers and people in authority wear something a little more conservative, when at work.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Is this better?

The woman has a voluptuous body, and I think, no matter what she wears, she's going to look pretty sexy... Yes, I think she COULD tone it down a little... AT HER CHOICE... But what if she was "too thin"? What if a student was offended because the teacher was "fat"? What if he liked "big girls" and the fat teacher pitched his tent? Should she be told to lose weight or dress in a Muumuu?

I think the question I'd ask is how far are we willing to go to impose our opinions on other people? Boys are going to get turned on by female teachers, regardless... The boy needs to learn to live in a world where women have the freedom to dress as they CHOOSE.
edit on 9/18/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

OR we can live in a society where we treat sexuality like rational human beings and have the best of both worlds.

But what do I know.

You want the naked tribal version, not what we have. There is no best of both worlds.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

No I just said it needs to be mandatory for awhile so we can do a cultural sexual reset and rebuilt a more stable healthy view of sexuality again.

I said nothing about it being a forever thing. We've just gone way too far off the deep end and it's only getting worse.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Also there is a best of both worlds. One where we discuss sexuality with our kids without repressionism, one where we treat our sexuality as normal and natural and focus on education rather than abstinence. One where can both admire each others sexual natures, and at the same time not be ignorant and unhealthy about it.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

That isn't what we're doing though. We have this:

They're young girls. That might be an OK expression of sexuality for women looking to entice men, but for girls that age, it's not really healthy.

But it's what we're doing in society. That's not normal and natural.

Oh, well, maybe it is if we're talking about a child marriage type society. It isn't even really a good idea in a society that think those are girls who should be experiencing their sexuality. Do you think that's how kids that age ought to be experimenting with one another in a normal, natural way?
edit on 18-9-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

That's why we need a reset, we've gotten ourselves all confused and #ed up. Precisely because of things like that.

Obviously I disagree with what we have now.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

That's why we need a reset, we've gotten ourselves all confused and #ed up. Precisely because of things like that.

Obviously I disagree with what we have now.

Yeah, but stripping everyone naked isn't the best way to go about it.

You are trying to force something that would have to happen organically. You need societal attitudes to change and the best way to do that is to convince people, not to force them.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Same as for boys.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Some things take extreme resets. Things get too complicated and entangled that the only option is to force a reset no matter how uncomfortable and start over because the natural state has become such that the only possible outcome is to simply get more tangled up.

Is honestly the real reason our world is falling apart. Corruption, ect is a part of the problem, but so is too many laws, rules regulations, religions, sects within religions, conflicting cultures forced to cohabitate... etc. Things will simple keep getting more and more tangled til we cut the string or hit the point we'll become incapable of accomplishing anything.
edit on 9/18/2016 by Puppylove because: grammar and spelling

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Very interesting discussion and I see both of your points, absolutely.

I don't think an extreme reset is the way to go, because it would just cause an extreme backlash. Neither do I think covering women's bodies to "protect" the men's sensibilities is the way to go. I'd like to see us continue to discuss and educate, while respecting the freedom of people to dress as they please...

ketsuko, I HATE to see parents dressing their children like little hookers. I think it's disgusting and I would never do it... However, how much freedom are we willing to take away from parents in raising their children? I'd really like to know what practical rules, laws or restrictions you'd put in place to prevent parents from doing this...

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

a reply to: SprocketUK

You'll get used to it. Grow up and suck it up. There's nothing more idiotic and childish than our fear of the human body.

Nope, I don't want someone dangling their bits in my strawberries and if I want to see naked people I can go to a strip club where I will see nice ones.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I am having a difficult time wrapping my head around how completely and totally warped we still are with body image and telling others what they can do with their own bodies.

We've mastered so much our ignorant fight against body-positivity, that we are actually resorting to "hot shaming", making punitive decisions about others just because they are attractive. I haven't faced this (mostly because like most Americans, I already feel ashamed about my body and wear modest clothing) but I know it would feel wrong if it ever did happen. On one hand, I would be flattered but, on the other, I would feel my entire sense of agency has gone out the window.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Spiked heels required?

It's not just the dress.

She is intentionally presenting a sexy look IMO. Which also affects her persona put forth in the classroom IMO.

Our teachers mostly wear jeans, t-shirts (non body hugging), and athletic shoes. Never seen one in spiked heels.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
I'm very open minded, but NO, a teacher should not dress like that.

Back in the 60s when I was in high school there were complaints about cheerleaders wearing their outfits to school. They were too flirty.

...its a dress..
women wear dresses.
Granted, it seems more for going out to a nice restaurant and cocktails somewhere, but its still just a dress.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Rome fell in one day, it could happen again.

All valid points, do not dress your daughters like hookers. (monkey see monkey do). Good values & Decency go a loooooooong way. Do not imprint behaviors in your kids that create immoral behaviorism later, because you know it will.

Don't watch crappy Programming like the kartrashian tv series and use your consciousness to determine whether or not what you're thinking it's valid or just more crap being streamed into your subconscious mind by subliminal means which only create more of the same crap it did before you realized it was crap to begin with.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: Annee
I'm very open minded, but NO, a teacher should not dress like that.

Back in the 60s when I was in high school there were complaints about cheerleaders wearing their outfits to school. They were too flirty.

...its a dress..
women wear dresses.
Granted, it seems more for going out to a nice restaurant and cocktails somewhere, but its still just a dress.

NO, it is not just a dress.

It is a dress paired with spiked heels.

I have dressed that way. I know the difference.

edit on 18-9-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join