It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats Appropriate Wear For Females in School

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
From personal experience of being a child, nothing that is appealing when you're young are the same things that are appealing when you're older.

a reply to: SaturnFX

Her point was the spiked heals with the tight fitting dress.

Poking her ass out in a skin tight dress, when she already has big boobs, will point out the contrast to her butt. A normal dress wouldn't do that, and would make the heels far less cringy, she looks tall enough to not need them in general, they're uncomfortable to wear everyday; maybe she can't reach the top of the whiteboard?

The only girls I know that wear heels consistently are short slender girls with no butt.

On the flip side, that dress would look stupid without heels. That's where she should have considered how professional she needs to look everyday for kids, her shoes.
edit on 18-9-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Our teachers mostly wear jeans, t-shirts (non body hugging), and athletic shoes. Never seen one in spiked heels.

Should all teachers be required to dress like that, though?

How about this girl? Is she being too sexy? Similar dress and similar heels, but a thinner body.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The dress that she is wearing in the OP photo is relatively mild compared to some of the photos that I found by doing an image search of 'teacher bae'.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
She has been reprimanded by the Atlanta Public Schools district. Source

APS stated that Brown was a paraprofessional employed by the district and that she has been “given guidance regarding the APS Employee Dress Code, the use of social media, and Georgia Code of Ethics for educators, and she has been cooperative in addressing her presence on social media.”

APS Handbook

All employees must dress in a professional manner that is appropriate for their job responsibilities and adhere to the established dress code rules. Your supervisor determines appropriate and inappropriate dress for your work activities and work site.

edit on 9/18/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I think the thing that taks this outfit over the top to 'inappropriate for classroom' isnt the way it covers the sticky-out bits, but the way it emphasizes the hollow bits at the top of her legs.

Do I think she should dress like a nun? No.

Do I think she should buy the next size up. Yes.

Do I think she should be disciplined officially? No.

Do I think she should have been sent home to change? Yes.

And if I were the teacher she was assisting, I would have insisted on it. I need the help of people who have a large heart and a working brain, and who want to draw attention to THOSE attributes. Not a Kim Kardashian wanna be. Be that on your own time.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: CantStandIt

After I saw how many different selfies she had posted on social media and how suggestive some of themy looked, I see it as a case of an attention whore.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
When I was a teacher in junior high I wore suits, they were in nice bright colors and quite body shaping and always two inches above the knee, I never got any complains, but then again I was slim and in good shape with great legs.

I guess some clothes will look different depending the body type, age and weight.

And for teens having dirty thoughts, well that is why been a teen is a stage having sexual thoughts is part of their hormonal changes and controlling their body natural reactions is difficult but part of their learning.

Still some adult males never get to grow that sexual spur.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Our teachers mostly wear jeans, t-shirts (non body hugging), and athletic shoes. Never seen one in spiked heels.

How about this girl? Is she being too sexy? Similar dress and similar heels, but a thinner body.

Because I personally have dressed that way, I know it does affect your pysch, how you think and present yourself.

There are different ways of wearing "just a dress" - - - that's from my own experience.

Reminds me of what was just said about being a good debate moderator. "Look in the mirror and tell yourself - it's not about me".

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Even though I agree, Anne is older. Sorry Anne :-) I'm fresh in my 20's and I hang out with girls that are still in Highschool.

As a Millennial the main reason this should be taken account of is simple, equality. They wouldn't let students wear this would they? The teachers need to be role models to the students, and the last thing that would be acceptable is the TEACHER being questioned as too provocative.

These while offensive, get a back seat and are considered minor offenses to lots of people. Self expression has limits though, and and the farther from highschool you are and the more 'bae' you look as a teacher only progresses how bad it is.

You could argue that they might be too young for it to matter, but the point is it's unnecessary to dress in that attire at school in the first place. Did she dress that way in College? My Biology teacher who was 9 years married wore Nike's and T-Shirts, and looked stylish enough for Biology 101. Maybe you shouldn't be allowed to be a teacher if you're single!

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Yes, I think she is wearing a dress that is one size too small. Same rules apply.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: imjack

I went to college back in the late 70s, no teacher would have been caught wearing Nike clothing, the males always wore suits and look like professors, the females also wore suits, I wore high heels and stylish clothing of the time, disco was in style and so I wore long maxi skirts and leotards.

When my daughter went to college I was completely taken back as most students would go to class wearing what they went to bed with, Pajamas, and some of the girls forgot to even brush their hair.

How generations got from bad to worse this days.

But is call freedom of expression right?

edit on 18-9-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-9-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: CantStandIt

Nah, she is slim, you can only wear dresses one side to small when you are overweight.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
She bad.

Im going to raise a question i havent seen asked here though. Who is taking these pictures? She is obviously posing for the pictures pushing everything out and everything. Yes she and the picture taker are definitely getting off on it me thinks. Should not be allowed to dress like that especially in a high school.

And the couple posters complaining about big butts and overweight are funny. Comparing men who have a thing for bigger butts to evolving from monkeys desire to waving red asses? Insecure much?

edit on 18-9-2016 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

What does your experience in College have to do with High school? The public high school I went to for a short while had many teachers with t-shirts. Shop, Gym, Computer, hell, the most dressed teachers were probably debate and DECA, just as you would expect, setting the 'professional' tone for their students. The dress only got generally more professional as I got to College. There is still lax settings.

You can go to a Community College no ones ever heard of and probably not be required to wear shoes, and then you can go to Columbia or Harvard, where obviously better clothing is required.

I went to Texas Tech. The professors wear professional clothing, but my Female Music Appreciation teacher wore t-shirts(and jeans) on Fridays, and my Math teacher dressed down from his suit-like to khakis and polo.

In any case, we were talking about High school, 'vaguely' her photos are obviously for a class that is younger than that, based on the photo of the classroom. I haven't experienced Pajama Rebels in my 5 years at College yet.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Interestingly here in the south she will be call shapely and hot, but that is because in the south the norm is bigger sizes.

Is hard to find a lady with flat stomach this days.

The muffin top is in.

And I forgot, here in the south ladies like their tight leggings, regardless of their body size.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: imjack

I taught elementary, junior high and high school in the south, so yes I know what goes on with the clothing and styles.

Is that enough for you?

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

I'm very open minded, but NO, a teacher should not dress like that.

Back in the 60s when I was in high school there were complaints about cheerleaders wearing their outfits to school. They were too flirty.

...its a dress..
women wear dresses.
Granted, it seems more for going out to a nice restaurant and cocktails somewhere, but its still just a dress.

NO, it is not just a dress.

It is a dress paired with spiked heels.

I have dressed that way. I know the difference.

Back when I was going to elementry school, I had a homeroom teacher who was a fitness and sports buff. He would come to school to teach in form fitting t-shirts, rolled up sleeves, etc. the girls crushed on him because..girls. Anyhow, the next room over was another teacher who always wore suit/tie. the girls also swooned over him because again..girls.
But nevermind them. what this did was expose the boys in our school to a wide variety of looks that men have, from professional suit and tie, to the fitness sexy dude look, etc. it was good to have those differences in looks being seen as pretty normal.

What you are suggesting is that girls should only be exposed to frumpy body negative images of adults..thats unhealthy. it will create a impression that any woman who is dressed nicely isn't professional, that she offers nothing except looks.

I disagree with your stance here. its old fashioned, without merit, and prudish.

I think you are far more reflective normally, so consider where this pre-programming is coming from..because it sounds more like shaming women than considering pros and cons of kids being exposed to attractively dressed people.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Because I personally have dressed that way, I know it does affect your pysch, how you think and present yourself.

Speak for yourself. Changing my dress doesn't change how I think!

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: imjack
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Even though I agree, Anne is older. Sorry Anne :-) I'm fresh in my 20's and I hang out with girls that are still in Highschool.

No prob. I live with my 17 year old granddaughter, on the California beaches. She's quite striking at 5' 8" - - and surprisingly is a bit on the conservative side. But, still wears skin tight clothes, knots her T-shirts to form fitting, and her butt hangs out of her swim suit.

The teachers need to be role models to the students, and the last thing that would be acceptable is the TEACHER being questioned as too provocative.

Would they let the students dress this way? As I said, "it's not just a dress" depending on how you present it. My granddaughters high school re-instated a dress code about 2 years ago - - - cuz the students were really pushing too far in what's acceptable.

Should teachers be role models? They should remember its not about them.

Believe me, I'm no prude. If a teacher moonlights as a stripper - - that's her business - - as long as she doesn't promote it in anyway connected to her teaching job. Which includes her personal Facebook (because that is way too accessible and unwise).

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

No. Looking nice and looking like a whore are not the same, so it's not enough for me that you have terrible understanding and perspective on what the difference between the two is here.

I was talking about the sexual implications of her outfit and you compared it to unbrushed hair.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join