It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A GOP Congressman Just Made An Argument For White Supremacy On Live TV

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:
(post by brice removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Please keep to the topic and do not engage in tit for tat, personal insults or rudeness.

Do not reply to this message.

Thanks Much,
Blaine91555

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=21016124]Grambler

He said “I’d ask you to go back through history and figure out where are these contributions that have been made by these other categories of people that you’re talking about. Where did any other subgroup of people contribute more to civilization?”

Yep. That's what he said alright. Look at that first part. He said "where are these contributions that have been made by these other categories of people you're talking about?" In other words, their contributions are in question. He is, quite literally, questioning them.

He then goes on to suggest, with his rhetorical question, that no other subgroup of people has contributed more to civilization. And keep in mind, he is making this statement in defense of "old white people," so clearly, even though he circles the wagons to include the vast history of western civilization, he clearly had those "white people" on his mind when he initially made the comment.

He's basically saying those old angry white people have contributed more to civilization than the other groups of people in question simply by virtue of the fact that they are products of western civilization. If that's not what he meant, one wonders why he would have brought it up in defense of "old, angry white people." After all, if these other groups of people can lay claim to the achievements of western civilization the same as "white people" can, then how is his statement even remotely relevant?

edit on 19-7-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
What he said was racist? really? wow!

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

Maybe he is a racist? To me it just seems that he is proud of his heritage, and I don't see a problem with that unless he is using it to hurt other people. But if he is a racist, I hope he is outed and loses his position.

I amazes me how many people on here are positive he is a racist, but won't bat an eye on the bashing of "old white people" being done not only by academia, the media, the administration, and directly before this mans response! At least you admitted the complaint with old white people was racist, so I have no problem with your take on finding what King said to be racist.

But what about all the others here on ATS? Over 85 stars on the OP and not one other person has denounced the belittling of old white people. It would seem to me to be a continuing trend that it is ok to bash white people or western civilization, but to defend it is to be branded a racist. I again say, what would the reaction be if fox said the DNC is just "angry black people shouting". Peoples biases are starting to show through.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: Greggers

Maybe he is a racist? To me it just seems that he is proud of his heritage, and I don't see a problem with that unless he is using it to hurt other people. But if he is a racist, I hope he is outed and loses his position.

I amazes me how many people on here are positive he is a racist, but won't bat an eye on the bashing of "old white people" being done not only by academia, the media, the administration, and directly before this mans response! At least you admitted the complaint with old white people was racist, so I have no problem with your take on finding what King said to be racist.

But what about all the others here on ATS? Over 85 stars on the OP and not one other person has denounced the belittling of old white people. It would seem to me to be a continuing trend that it is ok to bash white people or western civilization, but to defend it is to be branded a racist. I again say, what would the reaction be if fox said the DNC is just "angry black people shouting". Peoples biases are starting to show through.

The double standard never really bothered me in the past, but it's starting to lately.

I think traditionally, we have an unspoken rule that the group with greater societal power is not allowed to use racist rhetoric against the group with less. Whether that's right or wrong, I have always understood it and accepted it, and it explains why minorities can get away with insulting other minorities or white people. And of course, we've always given a pass to people insulting their own.

But lately, these explanations don't satisfy me because it seems that the anti-white rhetoric is getting more militant, more brazen, and more threatening. Maybe I'm just turning into one of those "old white guys," but lately I feel like everyone needs to put away their myopic hate speech, and the media needs to do a better job of calling out racism on both sides.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It's not a problem of people being proud of being white, it's a problem of people - liberals specifically - being actively ashamed of being white. Because their view and their ideology takes a very limited view of history, one where the slavery of American whites is specifically reiterated endlessly while the slavery of other peoples around the World is barely mentioned at all. Whites ended slavery, let's talk about that. Africans didn't end slavery, if we're gonna endlessly denigrate white people for the slavery of rich American whites then we better endlessly celebrate white people for ending slavery, first in their own countries and then in others. It's a very biased and dishonest view of history

This liberal white self-flagellation has reached a crescendo, the reaction may be less than savoury but a reaction is sorely needed because there's so many holes in the popular liberal narrative that it's getting to be quite ridiculous at this point.

Whites are fed up and calling us racist for speaking up about these blatant double standards isn't working anymore, this insult is beginning to lose all its power and the people using it in lieu of actual arguments will have to find something else to lean on.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
It's not ok to be proud of being European or white without it being evil or racist is it???

Every single thing a white person says is racist.

You are "proud of" you skin pigmentation? That makes no sense. I mean what the hell? Is the orange menace Donald Trump proudly descended from oompa loompa's?

I am proud of my heritage...Irish Immigrants, Scottish immigrants, English Immigrants and a G-G-Grandmother that was an African American. My 8th great grandfather and my namesake arrived here in 1667...other ancestors followed. They fought in the revolutionary war, the civil war, WW1 and WW2...I have their military records, I know their history of struggle in this country. I am insanely proud of my "heritage".

I am proud of many things...but the color of my skin is not one of them...that is stupid.

Steve King did not talk about his heritage...he talked about his skin color and derided other people's heritage...he's an idiot..

King: “I’d ask you to go back through history and figure out where are these contributions that have been made by these other categories of people that you’re talking about. Where did any other subgroup of people contribute more to civilization?”

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It's not a problem of people being proud of being white, it's a problem of people - liberals specifically - being actively ashamed of being white.

Liberals are not ashamed of being white...they are ashamed of Americans who act like bigoted and racist idiots and who happen to be white.

That is the most idiotic piece of white-supremacist propaganda out there..."Why r ya ashamed of your whiteness!!"

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: ATSmediaPRO

Math existed long before the 7th century- long before the muslims destoyed the education and discovery of ancient Persians, Greeks, Zoroastrians, Christians and Jews in the lands they conqured and devastated,

Look at those Sumerian clay tablets that were made 3000BC to 1500BC. The astronomical data recorders has been accurate enough to reconstruct trajectories of comets and meteorites that hit Earth.
Even the tablets themselves are in the shape of smartphones today, and their notes look like spreadsheet applications.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
actually, I am proud of my white heritage, can trace it back to the first of my ancestors to touch on american soil... possibly as an indentured servant. if not then I know that many others bearing his last name were. I know of where he came from, the troubles he faced in his homeland that drove him to come here.

I have to ask, who really is it that is ashamed of their heritage? the ones that will acknowledge the entire history of their family lines, or those who try to deny it by claiming that the slaves were treated as part of the family, and there wasn't really that many of them. or that the only slaves in this country were african, and on and on and on.

where's the truthful discussion on the topic? ya know the one that points out that there were more white slaves in africa than there were african slaves in america. or the one that points out that there were many native american slaves, and that after the europeans came and influenced the native tribes, those tribes were manipulated into wars so the europeans could have more slaves. how about the christian religions part in all this that claimed the dark skin was the curse of ham that destined them to slavery.
how about a truthful and honest discussion that concludes with us all acknowledging just how much we have grown as a species?
I am a descendent of an indentured servant, a slave, bound for so many years as repayment for the cost of transport to the new world. others were forced from their homelands as the european countries wished to clear their poor houses and work houses out some. and still others were guilty of lower crimes. some had debt that they couldn't possibly pay. and well, the native americans and the africans, many of them were prisoners of war, who were sold to the europeans by the winners of that war.
regardless of they got here, once here, the owners of the claims to those people had certain responsibilities to these people. to house them and provide for them, and to prepare them to live in this new land.
and it's interesting to note that the first lifelong slave was a black man who was owned by another black man. he won this right in the courts and well...opened up the nightmare of what we now think of as slavery.

the slave masters had a responsibility... to feed, clothes, house, and otherwise provide for their slaves, and to prepare them to survive in this new world when they were freed. this has been full filled in all cases! every citizen in this country has an equal opportunity to learn the skills they need to obtain the type of job they desire. it might not be the greatest opportunity, in that many will go so deeply into debt that they will become a new type of indentured servant, but it's there for anyone and everyone, and for the poorest among us there are grants and scholarships they help ease the financial burdens considerably. there's also anti-discrimination laws, job training programs, ect. yes, there is still discrimination, as a white handicapped female, I know this! but I also know that those I have viewed as superior in the workplaces I have worked at, who I looked up to and learned the most from weren't all white men! the opportunities were there, if one chose to take them, probably still are you just have to look harder. for people to not take avantage of them, to just sit and gripe about things that happened centuries ago, and act like this countries owes them something more than their welfare checks is to admit that you are still the slaves your ancestors were! the gov't is happy that you aren't out there looking hard for work or doing something to improve your skill set.. it keeps their unemployment numbers down. you are still doing what your masters want, and them being the good masters they are will keep ensuring you have the minimal basic necessities you need to survive.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Tell that to the whites prostrating themselves before blacks like they had anything to do with slavery..

www.nationalvanguard.org...

Western liberal whites are the most self-hating group of people on the planet, someone even coined a word for it: it's called oikophobia.

Xenophobia is fear of the alien; oikophobia is fear of the familiar: "the disposition, in any conflict, to side with 'them' against 'us', and the felt need to denigrate the customs, culture and institutions that are identifiably 'ours.'"

This is a pretty spot on description of liberal whites.

Europeans are being forcefully assimilated and European politicians openly disparage European culture and white identity while promoting the idea that assimilation is a must. Try living in Sweden for a while, the white self-hate is palpable and even extreme.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   

So liberal douchenozzle repeatedly uses the phrase "old white people" clearly in a disparaging way, and when someone defends the achievements of western (white) peoples, HE'S the "racist".

Right....

AND then the other media twists on this are even worse. He simply asked which other group has contributed MORE....

He never said other groups haven't contributed.

If if we're talking STEM (you know, basically everything everyone uses today in order to communicate or live in general) then he's completely accurate.

Sorry for speaking truth.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

but then he went on and clearified what he meant with this:

"The contributions that were made by Western civilization itself, and by Americans, by Americans of all races stand far above the rest of the world. The Western civilization and the American civilization are a superior culture.

abcnews.go.com...

so basically what he meant was that western civilization, dominated by old white christian men, is a superior culture to all others, since none other has contributed more to the world....

but to claim this, one would have to assume that these contributions wouldn't have been made if it wasn't for the world being dominated by these old christian white men. when to be honest, one would have to admit that there many contributions made in the past my women who because of the restraints placed on them, had to allow their husbands or other male figures to take credit for their contributions and god only knows just how many contributions were lost because of the restraints place on people through slavery and such.

considering the position that the republican party takes on women's issues, on the idea of equal pay for equal work, their desire to allow businesses to discriminate against sections of the population, the minimum wage issue, ect..
they seem to have a desire to keep, and even restore those restraints that would prevent people from utilizing their full potential.

humanity has a long way to go before it can claim any culture as "superior", and it seems that the religious right kind of wants to take us backwards from that goal in many ways.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Maybe he is a racist? To me it just seems that he is proud of his heritage, and I don't see a problem with that unless he is using it to hurt other people.

That should be the definition of RACISM. But that guy in the video is part of the PATRIARCHY, which means unless he bends the knee to all other possible minority type groups, and never has a thought like that again, he's a NU-RACIST (according to this "NU-ENGLISH" language they've been busy inventing).
edit on 21-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
dp
edit on 21-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: shredderofsouls

originally posted by: onequestion
It's not ok to be proud of being European or white without it being evil or racist is it???

Every single thing a white person says is racist.

Math is a big deal but let's be honest western culture has advanced civilization more rapidly in the past 100 years then the entire world has advanced technologically in thousands of years.

Weather white people or European people (did he even make that claim or was that put in his mouth?) are solely responsible for that I honestly haven't looked at the demographics but I would assume Asians and Germans are more responsible for advancements in technology than anyone.

I'm utterly dumbfounded that the moderators would create such an obvious race baiting thread especially with the recent surge of thread topics move to the recent forum page calling for civility and decorum and the massive surge in post deletion and ban threats being handed out on a daily basis.

All these supposed advances have had a price on our planet. So the European culture has destroyed much of the land and resources.

You're just viewing the world through eurocentric viewpoint.

Why are you still posting on ATS then? Turn off and throw away that western computer that you are using. Throw away your cell phone, Car, Motorbike, TV, Radio.

And stop visiting Hospitals that practice western healthcare and all its technology and stop taking western medicine.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoThu, 21 Jul 2016 22:01:28 -05001620167America/Chicago by everyone because: TYPO

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Just a general note to anyone who doesn't already know this. There are people in the world that will try to make you believe that you should not be proud of who you are, what you do and your history. These people have no reason to do this except to place you in a box to make you feel like you owe something to others. They lie and make up stories to try to force you to be something they can control by knocking you down.

They want you to ignore that besides your race, every other race should be proud. These people are called liberals and progressives. They are racists...racist against white people, men, straight people, people who work for a living, people who believe in a God, etc. They want to destroy you at least your self image.

Don't let these bullies, these evil creatures make you feel anything but pride and a feeling of success and accomplishment. They are vampires that want to do nothing more than destroy you...unless of course, you are black, gay, trans, poor or an atheist.

On a personal note...they usually smell badly, have no clue how to tie their own shoes and frequent slimy caves in the deep woods. They are typically bug eaters and defecate where they eat.
edit on 7/22/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

are you done yet???

so you are saying that unless we agree that the western culture and christian religion is "superior" to all others, we are:

these evil creatures

that:

lie and make up stories

and also:

racist against white people, men, straight people, people who work for a living, people who believe in a God, etc. They want to destroy you at least your self image.

and then to top it off they:

usually smell badly, have no clue how to tie their own shoes and frequent slimy caves in the deep woods. They are typically bug eaters and defecate where they eat.

I'm sorry, but you are the one that sounds a bit bigoted here.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I agree with you except for one caveat, the Islamic Golden Age as it was called, was such because they stole a great deal of ideas during their years of conquest, mathematicians and scientists and claimed responsibility for them and their inventions/innovations when they came about.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join